- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- At the end of the first day we were brought to an unfinished hostel. But after the calls, the manager was taken to another. The next day, the car rushed along the bumps and almost fell apart. The driver tried to put some of his friend in our car. One of us was very very bad. In the jeep on which we rode there was no oxygen mask and no medicine. In the jeep, other travel companies that came to the hostel after us, there was everything and an oxygen mask too. But the driver who drove us said to a colleague that he would give us a little breathing oxygen mask, but for $ 30. Drivers of other companies, like their tourists, tried to help our patient. But this one was absolutely indifferent and was thinking of leaving us !!! If it weren’t for other drivers and tourists, he would certainly have done so. The driver tried to throw us faster to the border in Chile. At the border, he told the officer to say that there are no more buses in Chile, but they can send us to Chile for $ 200. It was a lie and a lie. After 20 minutes, the bus arrived and we drove to Chile for 70 bolivars. In addition, the driver stole our products. He is a dishonest and dishonorable person. Replay Tours is the most terrible company of those that we have seen in our life, if we can afford to have such a disgusting, dirty and mediocre driver and car.Written 5 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Travelled from Potosi to Sucre. Trip took 3.5 hours. Bus was certainly not luxurious, comfortable seats but narrow with little legroom. For the first 45 minutes, we had a salesman with a microphone at the front of the bus, flogging magnesium supplements - who let him do this? Who got paid?Written 21 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing reflections on the salar and a brilliant orange sunset. The sun creeping slowly below the horizon. Catered to by Hidalgo Tours, nothing to do but sit back sipping a glass of shiraz, nibbling olives, cheese and nuts, and admiring the beautyWritten 24 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing tour with Mario who took really care of us during 4 days. Hostels, food, spots were great. We were some kinde alone for each spot. Dont hesitate to book with Mario !Written 19 December 2022
- The Salar de Uyuni is the best ride in Bolivia and one of the best in South America.
It is incredible how we were delighted with his Magic and we felt like a child there. Everything is very very nice, especially its mirrors in the water. We were there in september.
The sunset in the salar with its mirror effect is magical.Written 7 November 2022
- Worst bus company ever, we broke down at 2am and after being promised a replacement bus they decided at 6.30am, that is was not their problem. So we had to hitch hyke to la paz from 300km away in the middle of nowhere. All staff had terrible attitudes especially the lady in the pink hat who just shrugged whenever we asked for help. I would not use this company again if you paid me.Written 4 November 2022
- We booked a full day trip to the Altiplano lagoons red rocks, etc out of San Pedro de Altacama. The guide was subcontracted to Maxim Experience, who was 25 minutes late and had not inspected the van - the overhead AC was leaking and the back seats, where we sat, were wet. The guide gave the man next to us a roll of toilet paper to plug the leak. A little while later a new van was called, so we waited more. The new van was even smaller than the first, unacceptable for a full day trip so we left the tour. On the positive, Ando Libre promptly provided a full refund.Written 1 February 2020
- The tours to Uyuni salt flats with Andes Salt Expeditions, are excellent, I am happy with the tour (guides, 4x4WD vehicles, food, Cruz andina salt hotel.
The tours are well organized, punctual, and good quality.
Margarita delicious food.
That was an unforgettable experiencia!!Written 1 June 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Potosi Department
- These experiences are best for transportation in Potosi Department:
- Uyuni Salt Flat 1 day in Spanish (shared)
- Tourist Bus seats from Uyuni to Potosi with transfer in Uyuni
- 4-Days Experience at Uyuni Salt Flat From San Pedro de Atacama
- Bus La Paz - Uyuni 09:30 pm Every Day
- Bus Uyuni-lapaz