Wineries & Vineyards • Valleys
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Wonderful place to visit, excellent scenery and lots of beautiful vineyards in the horizon. Worth a visitWritten 21 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On 09/20/23, we went to Gundlach Bunschu on a lark. We had visited another winery earlier and heard about the cave tour. We decided to go. John, our tour guide and wine steward was excellent. He was informative, knowledgeable, funny and friendly. He knew the history of the winery and all the players in it's history by heart and as if he had known the information his whole life. It was impressive. The cave tour was filled with stories of how the winery came to be, wine to taste and grapes to be eaten off the vine. An experience in itself. At the end of the tour, you sample several wines produced at the winery and there is a very low key invitation to join their wine club. This experience was highly enjoyable and I'd highly recommend it.Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unique historical place, home of the Bear Flag Republic. OK, only 25 days in 1846. Wander around Plaza, look at the statues, go into Visitors Center, do some shopping, eating and wine tasting. No Parking Meters and lots of Public Lots, Tesla Supercharger and EV charging too. Home of first William Sonoma store too.Written 9 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We really enjoyed our wine tasting at Jacuzzi. Our host was informative and generous. All the wines and our charcuterie platter were great. The grounds and buildings are just gorgeous -- we explored all over the place. You feel like you're in Italy.Written 26 July 2023
- My husband and I visited 3 Wineries on 8/20/23 and Buena Vista was the last stop. We were seated with Dan inside on the second floor and he gave us a guided tasting that was above and beyond our expectations.
Dan led us through the private reserve tasting with anecdotes and stories for each wine. He was knowledgeable and friendly, and had a true passion for the product.
We highly recommend visiting Buena Vista and working with Dan!Written 21 August 2023
- This is my 2nd review and each is 15 years apart. I still hold the Cline Estates in high regard. We spent the day in Napa and just didnt like the attitudes so I suggested that we go to Sonoma and find the Cline Estates. We were asked if we had an appointment which we didnt. No problem we were told. We went inside and tried a few splashes of wine and picked a bottle, got a charcuterie board and sat on the porch and enjoyed ourselves. Back 15 years ago we were treated like gold by the employee names Joe, this time we were treated like gold again by the counter help. Cline, you will always have a special place in our hearts!Written 1 October 2023
- Hidden Gem in Sonoma! I've visited Repris 2x and it's my favorite wine tasting experience. I love that they take you on ATV's to show you the property, you get to go into the wine caves and then they feed you at the end of the tour. They give hearty wine tasting pours too! The property is so beautiful - it's really something special! Make sure to book ahead of time as they fill up very quickly. For our party of 6 I booked 4 months in advance.Written 26 February 2023
- Some of the best Pinot around combiners with superb service and knowledgeable wine educators (especially at the Sonoma Square outpost) for a wonderful day. These are big and bold, truly the cab lovers Pinot. Bob’s, Rossela’s, Sierra Mar and Clos Pepe are our favs.Written 29 August 2023
- The view, cheese board, and ham and jam croissant sandwich were fantastic.
We arrived on an unusually windy afternoon which made it a bit chilly, but otherwise, it offered several beautiful sitting areas from which we took in the view from a variety of perspectives.
The grounds were beautifully kept. It felt a bit corporate and the building itself isn't as pretty as I'd expect for an Italian winery, but the gardening, and other decorative details were wonderful.
We also went on a weekday when it was comfortably busy--not crowded--which was to our liking.Written 23 June 2023
- We went to Hamel Family Wines on a Sunday in June 2023 and it was amazing. The architecture and design of the place are very modern and lovely. I went with a group of friends (4 total with me) who are architects and they appreciated the design so much. Our wine person was so knowledgeable and was so genuine. He also gave us space so he would come with a pour of a wine and explain a bit and then leave us for a bit until we were ready for the next one. I believe he was a former restaurant manager and was so genuinely passionate about good food and good wine. He was very knowledgeable and I thought he was just a super cool guy! I can't remember his name but he made the experience excellent!
He had even made a personalized packet with our group's name on it which was a very nice touch! I am not a frequent drinker or wine connoisseur by any means and I enjoyed the experience quite a bit! We went at 10 am and within a few hours the clouds(fog?) had lifted and we had a beautiful view of the winery and the mountain nearby. So lovely and set the bar high for other winery tours!
Recommending this winery to all my friends headed to Sonoma!Written 23 June 2023
- Loved loved loved this winery. Laid back atmosphere. Knowledgeable and friendly staff. Reasonably priced wine. Great casual place to taste wines.Written 15 August 2023
- Gloria Ferrar champagnes are always great. However I do agree with a previous reviewer, that a requirement to buy a charcuterie plate with the tasting is a bit much.
With that said, the wait staff was great, the views are spectacular and the bubbles were tasty!Written 12 April 2021
- A beautiful winery in Sonoma! The staff was so informative and lovely! We came on a tour with Princess Cruise Line! The staff was so knowledgeable about the types of grapes and the process of wine making!!! We sampled about 4 different wines…my favorite was the late harvest Chardonnay!
Highly recommend!Written 1 October 2023
- I attended with some friends, great experience and a lovely finish to the evening. Everyone was super friendly, lots of car displays, overall, a very good time out.Written 21 November 2022
- This is the last of the Spanish missions in California, actually built under Mexican rule. There were a number of exhibits on the missions in general, as well as this one. Parking was a little tough. Admission is $3.00 per person but also includes General Vallejo Home, which is fairly close by. There was a candle-making demonstration when we were there. Worth a visit.Written 28 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Sonoma
- The best day trips from Sonoma according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Full-Day Tour from San Francisco
- Wine Country Small-Group Tour from San Francisco with Tastings
- San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods & Wine Country w/ optional Gourmet Lunch
- The Ultimate Napa & Sonoma Wine Tour
- Small Group Muir Woods with Napa & Sonoma Wine Tour
Sonoma Attractions Information