- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- We visited early on a Friday afternoon. No one else other than a very nice hostess. My wife loves visiting missions, I tag along. Even I had to admit this was pretty cool.Written 6 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our tasting guide was very knowledgeable and interesting, the patio ambiance and view were exceptional. We opted for the Library Wine Tasting instead of their current release tasting. One of their library wines was over the hill and our tasting guide did not replace it, a little disappointing. We will probably opt for the current release tasting on our next visit. The 2012 Lucienne was wonderful as was their 2018 vintage of the same wine. The experience was rated as excellent so I will take my next tour group back to this winery.Written 10 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a beautiful trail. We were fortunate to hike it on a relatively cool day with only partial sun. When it is hotter/sunnier you will want to take additional precautions.
Necessities for this trail are food, water/drinks, and a flashlight/headlamp (for the cave).
There are numerous beautiful views along the way. It is definitely worth the effort.
The cave is not an easy one to navigate. You are wise to hike to the far end and come back through. It is not for anyone with ambulatory issues.Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Wrath has a tasting room in Carmel, but I would highly recommend driving out to the winery tasting room. It a nice drive about 40 minutes from downtown Carmel. The winery is very relaxing with a cool setting next to pond. It has nice area if you bring your cheese and crackers etc. Haley assisted us and was a pleasure to visit with and very knowledgeable. We love the Pinot Noirs here and awesome Syrah.Written 25 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Gracie was engaging, knowledgeable, and helpful. Wines were very good to excellent (we joined their club and shipped a case home). Tasting room was fun. Wine maker a bit grumpy, but since he’s French it’s kind of expected.Written 1 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were put off on arrival by the cackling of 4 tippled matrons, but were greeted warmly, then feted & schooled by a knowledgeable pourer, Angelina. We tried 'em all, and they're all good. Yes, they're part of a big conglomerate. now, and they only sell direct to consumer (cut out the middleman), but the product is worthwhile. We bought a $60 bottle & were on our way.Written 19 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I'm not saying that because I was a guest there, and treated like royalty, but it was beautiful. the tasting Room, even has a picnic area overlooking all the vineyards.
We did the tasting and ATV tour, with beautiful views of the Santa Lucia Highlands. We had an incredible Lunch on the terrace with the Winemaker. At the tasting room, we had a wide range of Pinots from different locations, and vintages. Just a beautiful placeWritten 17 August 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Over Labor Day weekend we traveled to the Santa Lucia Highlands to do some wine tasting in the area. Ventana was our second stop of the day and it was our first ever visit to their tasting room. At first sight we were not terribly impressed because there is very little in the way of outdoor seating or a garden setting. The tasting room is located inside an old barn. The interior features a long bar with stools and lots of wine barrels. The initial doubts were quickly dispelled when the tasting itself began. Our pourer was an interesting character with lots of stories about the Vineyard and its wines. His pours were generous and he was very willing to let us taste whatever we wanted beyond the official tasting list. The wines were delicious and they were offering some amazing end of season deals to clear out their old stock. We split a case of their non-vintage red table wine Pastiche with our friends voted it the best deal of the day. Ventana is not going to win any prizes for its beautiful setting or its state of the art tasting room but the barn has great character and the wines are excellent.Written 8 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- In the last 4 decades of my adult life, as a professional science type, I’ve visited almost all of our National Parks. Over that time, their mismanagement has become increasingly apparent. The website clearly states that weekends are too crowded thus implying a weekday visit is suggested. A significant number of us did this this day. Coming from the west on midday Friday, everything was closed, except where they want a $30 entrance fee. They do warn of a 1 lane road. (Other parks have this as a loop.) The road is actually two narrow lanes with no center strip. Research shows that drivers tend to drive down the middle if no center stripe is provided. Being in an F350 4x4 SRW, I drove the road with my mirrors retracted, pulling off the pavement every time a Subaru needed to pass me. The stripe would cost a lot less than the damage my big truck potentially did to the edge of the pavement. Oh, and might save a life? The actually Pinnacles were magnificent. A testimony to the park system having nothing to do with their creation.Written 6 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.