- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
74 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 74
What travellers are saying
- Very well priced. Lots of animals.
Unsure about the name why it's a 'museum'. It's a lovely sanctuary. We loved the murals that's were painted everywhere (including the snakes enclosures). Highly recommended.
Very hot in summer. Go early in the morning. Animals were obviously very hot, but they had done their best at providing water/mist makers etcWritten 29 July 2022
- This is a stop worth making...Good bands , singers , a lot of fun .Yeehaw... " And if you Think I'm Happy You're Right" . Come Friday/Sat. nite for good food & fun dancing...ha..even if you don't know how. Give it a try , you won't be the only one learning..HA...Great people. Have been three -four times & will go again when I can.
By the way I don't work there & haven't been paid to say this. It's just a damn nice place.Written 23 May 2022
- Amazing museum and worth a visit cost $10. It takes you back to the 1800s and 1900s era, how people lived in terms of their migration to Bakerfield, their homes, their clothes, their tools, their furniture, their jobs, and their means of transportation. The museum is outdoor and built in the shape of a replicants neighborhood. Walking around the museum, you feel as if you are living in that era. It takes two hours or more to complete it.Written 8 February 2022
- Good selection of jams, jellies, honey, BBQ sauce. Most of the BBQ sauce was somewhat spicy, however - chipotle, for example. Some vegetables, although I would think the selection varies with the season. Some very good candy. Very helpful employees.Written 22 March 2020
- The beauty of the trees and rivers will
Almost steal your heart, but there is trash on the ground everywhere, and the trash bins are overflowing.Written 7 July 2020
- One of the oldest here in town and one of the small intimate place to see good show and old movies , it is nice to have historical building like placeWritten 30 December 2021
- My seven year old had a great time here. It’s small, but packed with great artifacts and learning opportunities about dinosaurs, sharks, native Americans, and rocks and minerals.Written 6 November 2021
- Peacocks geese ducks and lot wild life its nice place take your family family too bbq just dont go into the lake maybe the river but at your own risk takes a lot of tourist lives but over pl a hgood sot active spot on easterWritten 15 October 2020
- Excellent venue for the Spears Southwest Tour. Great view of the track, no matter where to pick. RV Parking available to watch also available. Modern clean easy to get to, right off I-5, 20/30 minutes southwest of Bakersfield. Food and beverage choices excellent.Written 21 March 2021
- Built for hockey, but a nice place for a concert. My wife is 4'10" so floor seats don't work for her, but since it was built for hockey, it is great for a concert. Even if someone stands in front of you, you can still seeWritten 7 May 2019
- Air quality was interesting. Some dazed bright blue skies, sometimes haze for days.
Nice feel for a spread out place.Written 28 October 2019
- Lived there with my grandpa and grandma when I was a kid...I thought it was a great place...but didn't know any better. Swam in the water ditches and picked cotton and played football on the large grassy areas with the other kids. Special treat was going to Johnnie's market up the road by Vineland schoolWritten 27 November 2021
- Although this museum is very small, the quality of art that is displayed there is exceptional. I'll never forget when they brought the Harlem Renaissance collection. I love to see diversity and different points of view.Written 22 July 2018
- We took a drive through the Central Valley Region of California. This is a beautiful area to drive. I-5 runs through this stretch. There is nice agricultural areas. Albeit a times there is turf battles over water rights, which is a major issue for the farmers and ranchers in the area. They supply a lot of the food for California.Written 10 May 2020
- A couple of friends and I just went to the Melodarama. We've been coming here for years. We used to go when it was in Oildale on China Grade Loop. We always enjoy the shows and Always have fun. So much so, we all bought Season Tickets. Good family fun also. Thank you Melodrama for great, clean entertainment.Written 23 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Bakersfield
- The most popular things to do in Bakersfield with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- California Living Museum (CALM)
- Kern County Museum
- Murray Family Farms, The Big Red Barn
- Rabobank Arena, Theater & Convention Center
- The Park at River Walk