- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
16 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Not far from Kamshet, it's located interior of the village.
The road to uksan lake is not that great though..just single lane.
However the bank of lake is clean and not much known to people hence clean I guess :)
No hotels or restaurant s so plan accordingly..
You can spend sometime here enjoying the calmness of the environment around..Written 26 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First thing first, a good 400 step up!
And a nice serene place.
The one who has an eye and love for ancient caves and architectures should visit this place.Written 11 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- View of beautiful scenery from the caves. Small rock climbing patch during the trek.Very short one day trek. Needs courage to climb up the path to caves. After completing the trek to caves and returning to ridge at forest, do not miss to see Dhak fort. It’s huge platoon. At the end of platoon, there are 4 to 5 water tanks built at ancient times.
Advice : Please bring safety equipments and energy drink or glucose water with you especially for this hiking.Written 15 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a place home away from home. The entire team of instructors Ankush, Pravin, Vikas, Ganesh, Santosh, Sagar and Akash are very talented team. They guide and let you take your time to feel comfortable with the tasks. They clarify all the doubts one may have no matter how many times you ask them. The kind of hardwork and efforts they put in on and off the field is commendable.
Also I would like to mention the food that they provide is same like ‘Ghar ka Khana’ with refreshments and deserts.
Anita mam and Avi Malik sir are very warm and friendly,one must spend some time with them.I'm looking forward to flying with you'll soon.
Kudos to everyone who put this course together !!Written 16 April 2022
- It was great... better to try in winter rather than from feb.... overall experience was great....we visited kamshet, mahabaleshwar, panchgani,pune....foods,snacks,places, everything was great.very attractive and interesting for first timers and people interested in exploring.can definitely travel again with family and friends.Written 2 March 2022
- If you crave for some adventure then paragliding 1000ft above sea level is the right thing to do. Mantra has a very good management and organisation. They make sure you enjoy your glide along with safety precautions. Must try!Written 10 December 2019
- FABULOUS experience from beginning to end. Stayed with Indus for a whole 8 days with a focus on paragliding. professional staff, super friendly and helpful, both on the technical paragliding front, but also in terms of hospitality. Host Sanjay is a lovely presence, taking great care of his guests in a marvelous property on the lake. Food included was delicious, prepared by their Chef Prem, who takes a lot of pride in his work. Paragliding aspects were well organized, highly punctual and provided a very safe environment for me to develop my skills, with Yogi, Pappu, Tanaji and Lok who work great as a team, and make paragliding fun and safe! Indus is slightly less social media active than its competitors, but what business they do get, they do it right!Written 23 November 2020
- About last Sunday, landed with 2 of my friends at Lonavala only to figure out barely any water at Bushi dam and water activities at Ambey Valley and Della unavailable. After making few calls got connected to a contact for Paragliding. So this person was Sunny - Skyking Adventure Paragliding. Spoke to him and we were all set to fly at a very short notice. Extremely accommodative and humble gentleman, ensured that our take off and landing is as smooth as a cake walk. He clicked lovely pictures and videos too (pictures attached). Highly recommended! I'm definitely going back on this adventure with Sunny again!
He can be contacted at +91 97625 65699Written 24 October 2021
- This year has been different due to the pandemic. There are several restrictions on traveling. With Christmas and year end holidays, we wanted to do something interesting. The last visit back from Pune had us in awe of all those gliders up in sky near the Kamshet patch. My husband was immediately driven to try this activity as we are fond of adventure sports. With a lot of research and calling, we finalized on Orangelife Adventures. This place is owned and run by Vijay Soni, who's been a paragliding champion.
We were lucky to reach out to Mr. Soni, he was extremely patient in answering all our queries about this activity. As we reached Orangelife site location for stay, this place was amazingly beautiful with serenity, simplicity and calmness. The stay arrangements and washroom facility (dorm or tent) were clean, hygienic. You will be served the best homely vegetarian food during your stay here. The staff is extremely polite, kind and courteous.
Training - we opted for the P1 and P2 5 day course which began with detailed thorough training by our trainer Sunny. Your safety is of utmost importance and there are enough trainers around you on a timely basis to guide you. Mr. Soni visits the training site (Shinde) to watch and guide the students as required. It is ensured that you genuinely learn the skill and aren't just made to believe that you know it.
The training sessions are recorded and as you come back to the base (stay place) you are shown your each session with detailed feedback from the trainer. These video sessions have feedback on what you did right and what you need to improve. These sessions are extremely helpful as you see yourself and understand it better (where you're going wrong) and you can rectify those mistakes in next day's session. There are simulation activities as well to work on your form.
I could go on and on about this amazing experience (home away from home).I'm happy that I had great 5 days of learning a new skill from the best mentor and his amazing team,some life lessons in nature's lap with best surroundings and set up. This was like a perfect package for me.Written 26 December 2020
- While I was travelling back from Pune to Mumbai, I saw many paragliders and that piqued interest in finding details about learning Paragliding. I spent two days to find out various schools, their offerings along with fee structure.
I will list down my perspective of all the schools, and why I opted for Orangelife Adventures over others.
There are overall following 5 schools which offer this course:
1. Temple Pilots
4. OrangeLife Adventures
Note: I will not be providing any information w.r.t. Mantra, as I didn't interact with them.
As a beginner, I will recommend everyone to do at least P1 + P2 course. Doing only P1 will not give you a sense of flying, and only after you complete P2 you would get the taste of flying on your own (approximately 150 - 200 feet).
1. They offer students to opt for P1 + P2, or P3. They don’t offer just P1, as it really doesn’t make sense doing just P1.
2. The founder Mr.Vijay Soni is India’s best Paraglider, and participates in international competitions. You can read his accomplishments on Google.
3. Mr. Vijay Soni spoke with me at least 45 mins to 1 hour clarifying all the queries I had, and gave me the confidence that anyone can learn this sport.
4. He was there on the ground with us everyday!
5. Their course was little less expensive than Nirvana. Thus, their cost was at 3rd lowest.
6. Their accommodation place was fantastic with beautiful rooms, clean rooms and washrooms. They serve only veg food, and it was delicious non spicy food.
My Experience with Orangelife Adventures
The entire team of Mr.Vijay Soni is fantastic, they are very warm, courteous, and really good at what they are tasked to do (all the way from Trainer, Videographer, Chef, and housekeeping staff). Vijay sir, understands each students strengths and weakness instantly, and guides the students accordingly. For instance, I wasn’t performing as good as other students in the lot, and he figured out my weak point and bam!!! I was doing relatively better.
Of all the schools, only Vijay sir gave me the guarantee that he would teach me flying irrespective of number of days. He wouldn’t charge me anything extra for training if I was a slow learner. He, and his team takes great care that the students learn. This was the only school, which took two practical sessions if the weather permitted. No other school was there during the second practical session.
Vijay sir, understands equipments, training needs, students very well, and I can certainly say that you would not go wrong if you opt for this school.Written 6 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kamshet
- The best outdoor activities in Kamshet according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Kamshet on Tripadvisor