Popular things to do
What travellers are saying
- Visiting Gulmarg and experiencing the Gandola ride is a must for tourists planning a trip to Kashmir. The ride comprises two phases, namely phase 1 and phase 2, with tickets for each phase being sold separately. It's crucial to secure tickets for both phases in advance, as obtaining them during the tourist season can be quite challenging, especially for the limited availability of second phase tickets.
The Gandola ride takes tourists to the summit of Aprahawat Peak, which stands at an impressive altitude of 13,976 feet above sea level. For individuals with breathing difficulties, it is essential to take all necessary precautions before embarking on this journey. Once you reach the pinnacle of the peak, you will be rewarded with an absolutely stunning and mesmerizing view.Written 27 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took Gondola cable car up to phase 1. next journey to phase 2 was under maintenance. But looking at the peak and nice weather we decided to climb.
On our way we found some local Kashmiri guys who were studying in college. They were trekking as well. They told me all the stories about Afarwat Peak . It was such a refreshing experience to listen to real Kashmiri’s rather than those leeches tour guides.
We saw cloud formation and saw the weather fluctuating from about to rain and sunny in a giffy.
Warning : During rain the water comes down the slope in great force
We climbed up till phase 2 and I was done after that . They continued their journey up .
Very good human beings
Beware of the guides and taxi service , it is not at all required in my opinionWritten 21 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I started this walk on my own (was a solo female traveller) and as expected I was approached by some guides. Initially I was insistent I will do it alone but then there was this guide who was giving me tips how to go, what to cover without me asking but also not pressurising me to take him along as a guide. I realised it will greatly help me to have someoene guide me and I requested him for a quote. it was extremely reasonable and he came along. My walk was so much better and enriching because of him- we covered so many sights- golf course, maharaja palace, maharani mandir, church and a few others I forget. Most importantly we had great conversation, so many insights from him. He also clicks awesome 'reels' worthy of instagram posts for those interestsed! I believe he is one of the best guides I have ever come across and will not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable guide at a reasonable cost. His name is Raja Showket and his number is +919682562513Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Famous due to iconic song Jai jai shiv shankar shooting. Near to Gulmarg market/Parking stnad and easily accessible by walk.Written 6 April 2022
- It was amazing we enjoyed alot… when we visited it was raining n weather was very nice. It was a great experience over here would like to visit once in winter when waterfall is covered with snow.Written 31 October 2023
- This is the 1st phase of Gondola cable car. We went during the end of September 2023. Breathtaking view of mountains, valleys. During the time Gondola 2nd phase was under maintenance, hence we couldn't go up further. Snowfall starts during the end of October or early November.Written 2 November 2023
- We decided that to visit this place and our decision is good to see there and enjoying that ride from ropeway we enjoyed this place very existing full movement.Written 28 April 2020
- A beautiful trek at over 16,000 FT!
Definitely for all nature lover who love treks and some adrenaline as you walk up towards this majestic blue lake!
The climb gets challenging as you are at a high altitude, I would not recommend this for everyone!Written 12 October 2021
- It is a religious shrine.... Dedicated to Baba reshi..... Intricate carvings.... Has a big hall which can accommodate 1000 people.....clean and well maintainedWritten 14 July 2020
- Mr Javed owner of this is excellent person by nature & pricing & a guide too.We can blindly faith on him. Mr Tariq ji ouMr Javed owner of this is excellent person by nature & pricing & a guide too.We can blindly faith on him.
Mr Tariq ji our Innova Driver was also very faithful & nice person & good driver.
I recommend them on top .
Thanks for a wonderful trip organised.
Rajat prasad (Banglore)
Lalit Sultania (banglore)Written 25 March 2023
- Great Agency to book your ski holiday with... We were a group of 12 people from our office, it turned up the best ski trip...
Highly recommended for ski or snowboard holidays..Written 5 September 2020
- Big gushing streams of water flowing to tangmarg valley it is treat for the people who want to run away from heat . one can take bath in that as wellWritten 10 June 2018
- It's green roof is covered with snow in winter. Accessible by trekking in snow..... In summer can easily be visited.... Beautiful architecture.... Vintage British style....Written 14 July 2020
- This is a much visited place in Kashmir valley. The whole setup of snow covered peaks and the imambara is just magicalWritten 9 July 2017
- After a small hike arranged by our local tour guide in gulmarg, we reached one of the most amazing lakes we have visited. the calmness and serenity is just out of this world. this is a must visit placeWritten 9 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Gulmarg
- The best day trips from Gulmarg according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Gulmarg Adventure: A Thrilling Day Trip from Srinagar
- Same Day Gulmarg Trip with Lunch
- Private Custom Tour: Gulmarg local Sightseeing with guide
- Day Excursion To Gulmarg From Srinagar With Lunch
- Trip to Beautiful Gulmarg from Srinagar City.
Gulmarg Attractions Information
|Friday, 6:49 pm|