Bodies of Water • Hot Springs & Geysers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
188 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 188
What travellers are saying
- We really enjoyed the excursion to Materuni waterfalls after our successful Kilimanjaro trek. Musa of Kili Team Adventures put together this outing on a very short notice and we are glad to have taken the time for it.
We were quite lucky that there was little traffic on that day as there was only one other small group at the site.
Its a beautiful and very relaxing place to cool off after the tough Kilimanjaro.Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- lake chala moshi
Moshi is a municipality and the capital of Kilimanjaro region in the north eastern Tanzania. As of 2017, the municipality has an estimated population of 201,150 and a population density of 3,409 persons per km² . In the last official census of 2012, the municipality had a population of 184,292. The municipality is situated on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, a dormant volcano that is the highest mountain in Africa. The name Moshi has been reported to refer to the smoke that emanates from the nearby mountain. The municipality covers about 59 square kilometres and is the smallest municipality in Tanzania by area.Written 28 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our visit (with overnight) was most enjoyable, the program is well thought out and the activities are interesting. The bushwalk was especially exciting (we got to see a giraffe and even "learnt" how to throw a Maasai spear). The boma is very representative of what a real vilage looks like but is very clean (and the visit there doesen't include disturbing actual Maasai people going on about their lives).
The food was very good and we really enjoyed the campfire dinner.
Our guide, Freddy, was knowlegable and friendly.
One thing you should consider though is staying overnight, on one hand, staying in the hut was deffinetly an expirience but you really shouldn't do that if you are sensitive to stiff mattreses. in our opinion you could manage to fit in all of the important activities in one day (espacially if you arrive early), but the dinner was really good so decide for yourself.
And just a small tip: think beforehand what would you like to ask Grandma over tea to make the most of your visit to her.Written 6 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Organised a short private safari with Altezza post Kili hike which was a great decision. Before travelling, Angelina was very responsive and supportive in developing a customised itinerary that maximised the activities to see while having time to relax. Settled on a two day Tarangire safari which was superb. Phillip my guide was super friendly , knowledgeable and provided detailed info and stories on all wildlife seen. The accommodation choice of the Simba lodge was superb and one of the best places I have stayed. It is the attention to detail and customer service that really stands outWritten 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kilimanjaro Lemosho 7 days, Safari Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, crater 4 days, Bushcamp, CoffeelodgeBooking procedure: top (short reply time and very helpfully)
Trip procedure: top (very professional)
Accomodation: top (new experience Bushcamp & Hhando coffeelodge)
Food: very goodWritten 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful week with Alpha. So many discoveries.
During our 4 days safari, Siya and Ahmade joined us. What a wonderful team. So much knowledge about animals, kindness towards us.
Alpha is very kind, attentive, professional and has passed on his knowledge of animals, culture and country with passion.
It was really beyond our expectations and above all a great meeting.
This first stay in Tanzania was wonderful for my best friend and me.
Really there is no better guide and team to discover this country.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had started with charity, so needed some quite complex details interlocking with different booking
Jackson at Mboni adventures helped me a lot. All of the details that he organized worked superbly.
After charity I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro 8 days lemosho route and I spent 7 nights on the mountain. Guide, cook and porters they always worked as a team and they are very friendly.
The Chef (Mr. John) he always prepared a very delicious meal for me. Albert the waiter, always woke me up with a cup of coffee and made sure everything in my tent was safe. All Porters we're friendly , professional and caring.
My Guide Frank Minja helped me a lot to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, We walked pole pole which helped me a lot to reach the summit
I really thank the Mboni adventures team for making my holiday more wonderful than I expected
I highly recommend the companyWritten 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The only trekking company to use to tackle Kilimanjaro is Habari Adventure. From the food, to the expert guides and the amazing porters, nothing could beat this trekking company. Everything was absolutely perfect. The guide, porters, cook and waiter I had for my 7 day Lemosho trek were quite possibly the kindest group of men I have ever met traveling. They made me feel like they were all pulling for me to get to the peak! Every camp was a celebration of a step closer to the goal. When I reached base camp, they sang and congratulated me for getting that far... the night of our ascent, it was very windy and bitterly cold...instead of just going to the peak with just my guide, an amazing man named Frank offered to be my wingman.... I think they were afraid I'd get blown away! I was nothing short of spoiled through every step of my trek. If you want the best service, the best food, the best accommodations and the kindest and most experienced team, look no further than Habari...they are AWESOME! And the 4 day added safari was a dream come true!Written 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used African Scenic to book an 8 day safari for our honeymoon and I cannot reccomend them enough! From start to finish they were incredible. We dealt with Nembris for the whole booking process who was so responsive, so knowledgeable and so accommodating to any questions/requests I had. Then on safari our guide Grayson was amazing! Again so knowledgable, so friendly, professional and just generally lovely. He really made our trip! Not only was he so experienced in what he does which meant we saw the most incredible nature scenes. We saw all animals so close to the vehicle because Grayson knew exactly how to make that happen. Any questions we asked he also knew the answer and was constantly sharing the knowledge he has. When researching safari I had read everywhere that the company you book with and the guide you get can really make or break your safari - I cannot reccomend both African scenic and Grayson anymore they were honestly amazing and like I said above made our trip. Thanks African Scenic, Nembris and Grayson! I will be recommending you to all my family and friendsWritten 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We booked a hike to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Pristine Trails and found the experience to be outstanding. Everything was very well organized and communicated, while the staff very friendly and knowledgeable.
Our Team Leader, Yaky, was excellent. He is a born leader who takes care of his team and his clients. He and his team made the trek a really enjoyable experience and I would recommend Pristine and Yaky to anyone.Written 29 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our group of 12 hiked Kilimanjaro in October. Ole and his crew took care of us from before we arrived in Tanzania and even after we left. The guides were amazing and very knowledgeable. The hike isn't easy, but the guides and porters are there to help you every step of the way. We really enjoyed our time on the mountain and the safari after we returned.Written 24 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My 3 friends and I went on a four day safari through Tarangire NP, Lake Manyara NP and Ngorongoro Crater with Maua Adventures.
We found everything well planned just as described in our itinerary that we did not have to worry about anything.
Our guide Sadati was very passionate about conservation and showing us the abundant wildlife, beautiful nature and historical sites in the parks and conservation area we visited in addition to cultural exchange with Maasai and Datoga tribes.
The choice of lodges selected for the tour was excellent, all very comfortable resting spots after the early morning and afternoon game drives.
I am very happy to recommend Maua Adventures for arranging everything flawlessly and making our safari holiday special.Written 26 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Good charity to do a donation and contribute to better living conditions for children in Moshi. With our donation Enjoy was able to have a mattress, which she didn't have before, and a new tracksuit.Written 23 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our guide Richard was awesome. He seemed to know where the animals. We saw the Big 5. You can leave the 300mm zoom lens at home. The animals were often within 20ft of our vehicle. The lions were right next to the truck.
The safari lodges were nice and comfortable. We had a hot lunch picnic everyday, with wine of course. Dinners and breakfast were served by the lodges.
We went in Jan 2022 before the rainy season. The wildebeest had just called and started their migration. July is supposed to be the best month for the Great Migration.Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.