Showing results 1-30 of 182
What travellers are saying
- The trip was booked by my parents before my wife and I decided to join them. So we followed the program my parents made. We would certainly have done some things different. The first 3 days was a lot of travelling. First the 9 hour flight from A'dam to Kilimanjaro. We fly BC but still it is exhausting. Our guide Jamal waited for us at the airport. Jamal is a very good travel companion, really skilled ranger, driver and with a good sense of humor. Love this guy and he was my 'little' brother for 8 days. After landing we had an hour drive to the hotel. The next day we were in the car for 9 hours, travelling and visiting lake Manyara. The 3rd day we had to travel again 9 hours, allthough the information from Makasa mentioned 4-5 hours, to Kimbilio tented camp. The length of this drive was disappointing and to exhausting! Jamal did his best and drove like Max Verstappen (very safe!) but still .... the 4 days at Kimbilio was an excellent experience! See my review. We left Serengeti to drive to the next stay at Ngorongoro Crater. Beautiful wildlife and Park for 1 day. Good planning. The Melia lodge is not so good, but we asked ourselves to book this, so not Makasa to blame. See my other review of the lodge. After 2 nights Jamal drove us to the airport Arusha for our flight to Zanzibar. He helped us with everything, check in et cetera and we said goodbyes and we really miss Jamal! My parents went with Jamal to a Masai camp. In Zanzibar our transfer waited for us and the Next Paradise resort (thank you Selma, Makasa for the tip!) is stunning! See my review. 5 days beach was relaxing and lovely.
So in the end. Makasa did overall a great job! Good information before the trip, Jamal perfect match for us, transfers, lodges and hotels all booked, no hustle. And what I appreciated, easy to reach by email and phone. We can recommend Makasa !Written 15 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The trip to the hot springs was incredible.
The place was beautiful, the water was warm and it was very peaceful. It was exactly what I had needed after a long week
There is a rope swing there so try out your moves, such as backflips and dives - some of my friends were great but I was rubbish. It is manned by the guardians of the springs, who have some amazing skills themselves.
If you are not that an amazing swimmer or you are getting tired, the guardians can offer you a sturdy rubber ring to give you a rest. They charge 5000TZS, which works out as $2 or £1.62, which - let’s be honest - is nothing. They make for a really relaxing time.
You remember the feet pedicures from a few years back, where the fish ate the dead skin off your toes? They apparently got the fish from this spring lol. They are harmless, although the sensation is a bit strange. They will only start to have a nibble if you stand still too long. If you continue to move, they will leave you alone.
One thing to note is that the hot springs is very busy. We went when it was very quiet, which made it the perfect experience. However, this was because it was a rainy day - the on-and-off rain typical in Tanzania this time of year. The rain didn’t affect our trip at all, other than clear the decks!
However, I’ve heard that the numbers can swell, and the hot spring be extremely crowded. If this isn’t what you want, I would suggest finding what the high and low times are.
10/10 would recommendWritten 18 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were traveling to Tanzania 7adults and 1 child. And all of us had such a good experience there!Many thanks to all Altezza travel team: managers, guides, everyone who helped us to collect the best memories of our Safari! We visited 2 national parks . And enjoyed every minute there! Thank You so much! Everything was perfect: our guides were very profesional, empathetic, know everything, also a good drivers; lodges - very unique, each different, clean and the stuff was absolutely fantastic; cars - great new experiences for all of us. Coffee tour and Maasai vilages were also very interesting for us!
Altezza travel team, thanks for all organization! Good job!
I could say, that everyone brought home the best memories from Tanzania! And we are hoping to come back there once again! And when we’ll do that so definitely we’ll contact with Altezza once again!
We’ll recommend You to all our friends!Written 4 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Safari Lake Manyara & Ngorongoro Crater. I had the best guides John and James where so nice and patient. I had a broken ankle after the Kilimangiaro trek and James took me to the hospital and stayed with me is truly a gem! Beside being funny and able to spot all the animals!Written 29 November 2023
- It's no surprise that when I look at all of the reviews for African Scenic Safari's, it reflects as 5-stars - look no further if you're looking for the best company to guide you to the top of Africa.
To give you some context, my fiance decided she wanted to do this challenge (climb Kilimanjaro) to raise money for a local cancer charity who supported her unbelievably through her chemotherapy and overall treatment. She wanted to make it her mission to be able to climb to the top, exactly 2 years after she was diagnosed with breast cancer....and we did it in early September this year!
We chose to do the 8-day Lemosho Route which on reflection, was a proper adventure and ultimately gave us both additional time to acclimatise. Everything from the airport pick-up at Kilimanjaro Airport (shoutout to Noah) through to our guides and porters were absolutely amazing. I must shout out to them all here:
- Mary Shayo (head guide)
- Magnus Meela (assistant guide)
- Lazaro Julius (Chef)
- Issa Yusufu
- Basilisa Massawe
- Riziki Mosha
- Ewald Meela
- Lameck Natai
- Thadei Msele
- Roberth Mshanga
- Thomas Mbogo
- Venance Massawe
- Valerian Aloyce
- Ally Said (summit porter)
Your work ethic is super impressive, your kindness was sweet and your strength was amazing... Thank you!
This was our first ever trip to Africa and its safe to say we'll definitely be coming back and visiting Tanzania again in the future as well as seeing as much of this amazing continent as we can!
If your goal is reach the "Roof of Africa", you'll be in for one of the best experiences out there with African Scenic Safari's :)Written 26 November 2023
- We have been with Kilimajaro Heros (KH) at Mount Kilimajaro (Uhuru peak) and also KH arranged other visits safari and assisted with local travel.
Kilimanjaro our guides Mwinyi and Glory were very firendly together with all porters, cook provided us excellent support. Thanks to their support we were able to reach summit. There was plenty excellent food - amazing how in such conditions, they were able to provide such excellent catering. Also during some issues with altidute they were very helpful and very safe oriented.
Safari - we had great time with Shafique. From office Mike and Laurent provided all care for administartive matters and also other arrangements e.g. with our transfers between hotels, airport etc.
We would like to thank whole team of KH
Peter&Michaela Ivan&IvaWritten 19 November 2023
- We had a fantastic safari with our our driver and guide Israel Nnko. We travelled with children and they were taken care of in a great way. To be able to show them the African wildlife close up was a success. Israel knew how to give us the best possible views of the big five and both a leopard and lions hunting. He was very attentive to our wishes for perfect placings for exeptional photo opportunities. We were also very well taken care of at the different places we stayed at and can recommend both Zara Tours and Israel to those who wish to make the same safari as we did. I am joining some photos taken during our safari.Written 29 November 2023
- First big decision was to go on a safari, the next most important decision was who to trust this once in a lifetime adventure to. We were referred to Pristine Trails by our close friends and so glad we listened. From the moment we arrived in Tanzania to the day we departed for home, every detail was accounted for and handled flawlessly. As we traveled along the Serengeti, up close and personal with Zebras, Lions, Giraffes, Elephants and so much more I realized it was not just about the visuals. The added information and insight provided by our very talented and humorous tour guide made the experience complete. During our time in Tanzania, we enjoyed excellent accommodations and food along with amazing weather. I was the only one in the group that initially was not overly excited about going on a safari, so glad I went, it is what everyone said it would be, a once in a lifetime experience! Don't trust this opportunity to just any tour guide, go with the best, Pristine Trails.Written 25 November 2023
- I used Gladys Adventure and Safari for my recent Kilimanjaro hike in Tanzania. It was an amazing adventure. Very well organized and I can only recommend Gladys for all your needs to complete the hike to the top of Kilimanjaro. The guides and porters were very well trained to assist with all your needs. Superb English skills, constant medical evaluations during the hike. Food excellent and everyone is in great spirits. This trekking company wants you to succeed and have a good experience. Well done Gladys and thank you for making my hike a success. Ingrid Smith/ Calgary, Alberta Canada!!Written 10 November 2023
- We climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in September 2023 and had an absolutely amazing experience with Popote! We did the 7-day Machame route and our whole team (5 of us) made it to the top with the support of our amazing guides and porters. We also did a 3-day safari after which was the perfect addition to our trip! While planning the trip we had a lot of questions and we really appreciated how responsive Sabino and Cynthia were! They answered our emails within 24 hours every time and gave great detail. Our climb itself was challenging but so much fun! Our guides - Stanley, Jackson and Felix - we're incredibly kind and really really helped everyone reach the summit. As did our amazing team of Porters including the hilarious Nico! Special shoutout to our Chef Joseph! We love Popote Africa Adventures and I would recommend them to anyone looking to climb Kilimanjaro or go on Safari in Tanzania!Written 12 November 2023
- My friend and I have just returned home from Kilimanjaro and what an insane experience!
We chose the Machame route as we liked the idea of it being a harder but still enough time to acclimatise.
I cannot get over how incredible the experience was. Our team from Nyange Adventures were outstanding. It makes me a little sad writing this as it’s over now and it’s just a memory.
The food is F*CKING insane!! How they create such insane feasts on a mountain will never not amaze me.
Choosing the Machame route, you sleep in tents. Well, the tents were great and you have a pretty comfortable sleeping matt provided along with table and chairs with many kitchen comforts. Hot chocolate, coffee etc and a constant supply of hot water in a flask.
I summited but my friend unfortunately did not. Just down to altitude. He felt the altitude on day 3 going up to lava tower.
On summit night the level of care we both received pushing to the summit was brilliant.
I simply would not have summited if it wasn’t for our guides. Thanks again Mo!
I can say with almost certainty, there will be no better company you can choose. Our guides Amnaay and Mo are world class at what they do. They have summited over 100 times and they’re knowledge and presence is so impressive.
They’re all amazing people and they actually care about your well being. We miss you all.
Amnaay, Mo, Supertall, Jimmy, Gerald, Simba, Mudi, Timo, Dodo and Praise and Living! Big Love!!!! We miss you.
Tom and DionWritten 3 April 2023
- It was a trip of a lifetime and I feel very grateful that we decided to go with ascend. For starters we had the most amazing guides (Chriss, George, nic and Enock) who were very knowledgeable and great company but also very professional and attentive to all our needs.
It was my first time doing a multi day trip to climb a specific mountain and didn’t know what to expect. But I was blown away by the level of service (in particular Freddie and Jackson) and verity of food given to us food breakfast lunch and dinner over the 7 days we spent on the mountain.
Honestly couldn't recommend these guys more highly and the experience of summiting Kilimanjaro is an adventure I’ll never forget.Written 30 November 2023
- We can’t recommend Peak Planet enough. Communication was brilliant from our first enquiry and continued to be so throughout. We were able to hire some gear that we didn’t want to take with us for the remainder of our time in Tanzania, and everything was good quality and exactly what we needed.
We booked a two-day safari trip from Arusha, in Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro. Our guide Eli was incredibly knowledgable and we were fortunate to see a wide array of animals and the most stunning landscapes. The night in the Ngoronogoro Conservation Area was spent at Ang’ata camp - beautiful tents, great staff and it was very special to be staying in a camp where wildlife was so close and so well respected. In Arusha we stayed at the Researcher’s Rest - ideal accommodation, comfortable, welcoming, excellent value, good food and brilliantly run by Eddie and Joseph. Everything was arranged for us, including transfers from the airport and then to Moshi for the Kilimanjaro part of our trip.
We were fortunate to bookend the Kilimanjaro hike at the Stella Maris lodge. Run by the brilliant Teddy, this place is full of wonderful, kind and resourceful people, as well as being a good and comfortable place to stay in and around a Kilimanjaro trip.
Kilimanjaro was everything we could have hoped for. The Peak Planet team, led by Caspar with support from assistant guides Diclan and Wilson and a fantastic team of porters (shout outs to Richard, Faustino and Kinanda especially), made us feel safe and supported, and we were so well looked after. These guys are fun, experienced, incredibly knowledgeable and really good chat. When one of us had to come down due to altitude sickness, they were so well looked after at Stella Maris, and Caspar checked in remotely each day. For the one who made it to the summit, it was one of best experiences of their life. It’s not just about reaching the top though, each day hike and each zone we passed through was special, beautiful and memorable in its own way.
Thank you to everyone at Peak Planet who played a part in making our trip what it was. We feel so fortunate to have spent time in this part of Tanzania, met so many great people and experienced such a beautiful part of the world.Written 25 November 2023
- Top Climbers Expedition responded with valuable detailed information in timely manner any time I had questions. I had a lot of questions. They were very flexible. I was able to choose my own hotel and Trek start day. The drivers were nice and very professional. They provided pick up / drop off service to and from airport as well as to and from my hotel near Mweka Gate to Top Climbers Expedition Office. We had very good guides. Bariki was our Lead guide. Priscus was the 2nd guide. Each one did excellent good job of briefing us each day on what to expect. Staff was phenomenal. The service they provided made us feel like royalty. My two Trek mates from England were a blast to be with. How got really lucky. We joked around and had loads of fun with entire staff. While on mountain, we felt like a family. It was a memorable experience. All of us made it to the summit.Written 25 November 2023
- We did the 3 days Serengati and Ngorongoro luxury trip. Very good experience that even we kept changing our plan before the trip. Stan is very good at response for everything we need and answering the questions. Our tour guide Hillary is awesome. Even he gave us additional tour at Moshi when we arrived Tanzania. The jeep itself also pretty comfortable. Hotel selections are good. Overall highly recommended this company.Written 18 November 2023