Bodies of Water • Hot Springs & Geysers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
122 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 122
What travellers are saying
- Once in a lifetime experience
Unique experience after summiting Kilimanjaro
great souvenir shopsWritten 8 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed the whole trip with the help of Tanzania solely tours. The day was full of fun and adventurous activities and we enjoyed everything. The guide was excellent and the walking really gave us a good kick before Hiking mount kilimanjaro. Highly recommend the tour with the the same company.Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Traveled to Kilimanjaro with Altezza. Five star organisation! For real! Treated us like babies. Excellent food and careful team. 100% recommended to anyone visiting Tanzania!Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a family of 5 we did the 4 day Mt Meru trek with Monkey Adventures. It was a fantastic experience from start to finish. Our guide Emmanuel was very professional and involved with all of us. He made sure that we all made it (personally, I would not have made it without him 😊). The trek itself is beautiful and a bit challenging. Great food was provided and always a cheerful and positive attitude. Thank you for this family event that we will never forget!Written 14 August 2022
- We went for a 6 day Manyara, Eyasi, Ngorongoro and Serengeti with the ASS team. This was a trip earlier planned in 2019, but postponed multiple times due to COVID. Simbo and team were patient and maintained the cost despite 3 year delay. The itinerary was fully customized to our taste.
A special thanks to Jackson (our guide). He ensured we got the best photo angles and made our migration dream come true!!Written 18 August 2022
- The Top Climbers safari was wonderful. We had a very positive experience with everyone at the company. Our guide, Raymond, was fanstatic. He is excellent at tracking and we saw many, many animals at close range. He is also knowledgeable about plants and the terrain. But even more, he is a kind, thoughtful person with a great sense of humor. He was a pleasure to travel with.
We were met at and returned to the airport by Oscar. We knew we were in good hands when we met him. At the end of the safari he was waiting for us at the hotel to ask about our experience.
Manase, the owner, patiently and promptly anwered many questions before and after we booked. The safari was as promised. The accommodations were outstanding, the food was delicious. We appreciated the sustainability of the hot lunch that was prepared by the overnight accommodation: after we ate the plates and serving containers we retuned to a wicker basket to be cleaned and refilled at the next location.
I highly recommed Top Climbers.Written 7 August 2022
- If you are like me, you are going to spend countless hours reading hundreds of reviews on the many companies to climb Kili with, but trust me, no need to keep searching, this is the most amazing company and will make your every Kili climb dream come true! The reason I chose Habari was that is was a local company, they took great care of their own staff/porters, the food was promised to be hot and delicious and they provide a flushing toilet (trust me, it makes a huge difference!)- but wow, the reviews didn't even begin to describe just how amazing this company is. From all of the correspondence with Stan and Catherine ahead of time, to their taking care of every little detail along the way to make sure you are as comfortable as possible and have the best time- I seriously felt like I was a VIP but I know they make everyone feel that way!
From the day I arrived several hours late due to missing a connection, they were there at the airport smiling with my name on a sign and water/juice waiting for me in the car. To the accomodations (clean room, bar and pool!), to safety briefing, checking our gear (and lending us what we needed) and onto the climb- Priva the chef is some kind of chef slash magician- how he could put together the most delicious meals (I'm still in awe that we ate pizza and the best chicken wings Ive ever had at 15,000 feet)! We were literally waited on hand and foot, warm basins of water after every climb, private tents, checked our oxygen levels, made sure we knew the plan for every day and what to wear/pack. Every time, there was a smile, a helping hand, making sure we were having the best climb! I loved every single day of the climb- the summit was way more freezing than I could have imagined and brutal on the way down, but worth every single second to summit! Everyone in our group made it, even a 70 year old gentleman! I think they have a 100 percent success rate (or at least close to it) thanks to the skillful guides and incredible porter team!
After the summit, I went to Zanzibar on my own and then came back to Habari for a 4 day safari- I was the only one that had signed up, so I ended up on an incredible four day private safari with an amazing guide Sharima! He was so knowledgeable about every animal, accomodating to my every wish and need, and ensured I felt safe and well taken care of every step of the way! The lodges were beautiful too! We saw the big five in our first day in the Serengeti, winning! Amazing experience
Again, you will be thrilled you chose Habari for any of your Tanzanian adventures, but I can't imagine any experience better than the 7 day Lemosho route with them ! Just do it!Written 5 August 2022
- I had started with charity, so needed some quite complex details interlocking with different booking
Jackson at Mboni adventures helped me a lot. All of the details that he organized worked superbly.
After charity I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro 8 days lemosho route and I spent 7 nights on the mountain. Guide, cook and porters they always worked as a team and they are very friendly.
The Chef (Mr. John) he always prepared a very delicious meal for me. Albert the waiter, always woke me up with a cup of coffee and made sure everything in my tent was safe. All Porters we're friendly , professional and caring.
My Guide Frank Minja helped me a lot to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, We walked pole pole which helped me a lot to reach the summit
I really thank the Mboni adventures team for making my holiday more wonderful than I expected
I highly recommend the companyWritten 24 June 2022
- Climbed the Lemosho route to Kilamanjaro on a 6-day itinerary with Sirikwa travel and couldn't have been more impressed. Comfortable tents, hot meals, and guides/porters that were helpful beyond belief. Our group of 6 women (aged 38-53) all made it to the top! Bonus points for the beautiful singing that carried us through the darkest and most challenging moments of summit night. Highly recommend this group. Also, as our luggage never arrived we had to rent nearly everything for the climb - was impressed by the availability/quality of rental gear. So don't be afraid to rent if you are lacking something on the pack list.Written 13 July 2022
- Maua Adventure is the perfect company to trek Kilimanjaro with. They have the best crew, top quality equipment and very competitive prices.
I hiked up the mountain solo with Fadhir as my guide, porters Musa, Clifton, Martin, James & Temu and chef Nickson. Nickson treated us to delicious meals at all time. He is an excellent cook.
They were extremely caring and treated me like I was family. I had an awesome time with them during the six days we took to get to the summit and back to Moshi. Kilimanjaro gets freezing cold, however thanks to Jacksons advice, I sufficiently stocked up warm clothes and thermals. My tent also kept me warm and comfortable during the cold nights. Nickson also made sure I had hot water bottles for the night.
The whole team was extremely nice and helpful when i ran out steam. I would not have reached the summit without their support.
I would definitely book another adventure with Maua Adventures again.Written 10 July 2022
- I cannot say enough good about my Peak Planet experience. From my first request for information Ben was a pleasure to work with and extremely responsive. Every question or concern that I had was quickly addressed. The sales process and paperwork was clear and easy.
Once on site my one-day safari was a pleasure and a great rest day before climbing. Both the Arusha and Moshi lodges were fantastic and I appreciated the smaller group settings and ability to talk to others. The trip orientation was informative and getting the rental gear and doing the equipment check was painless. Honestly the gear check was the first example of the care and concern for my safety that I saw, and it was a definite theme as the trip went on.
A word about the Stella Maris lodge - it was exceptionally good. I really enjoyed the staff and atmosphere. I felt like family from the time I got off the bus. I toured the school and was very impressed with the impact they have on the community. I'm glad to see Peak Planet supporting such a worthy group. I'll add that having a spa was a nice benefit the day after my climb - I really needed that hour-long deep tissue massage!
The climb itself was hard - especially summit night. I was prepared as much as possible with the Peak Planet resources, but no amount of reading blog posts can prepare you for the mental and physical challenge. What impressed me most was the support of the porters, who are some of the toughest people that I have ever seen. Several in my group commented that their support - walking beside us, helping us up rocky sections, and singing - was the reason that they made it to the summit. I agree. Even though I was exhausted I couldn't help but yell out "Planet" to their "Peak" and "Number One!". And yes, you read correctly that they SANG as we climbed. I could barely breath, and they sang.
Leading up to summit night were days of hiking and camping - and eating! The food was nothing short of amazing. I was very impressed with the concern for some of those with special diet needs as well as ensuring that we ate enough. The camp sites were always organized well and equipment managed with care. I cannot believe the concern of the porters to come and help us to camp by carrying our day packs and then taking care of our dusty pants and boots. Every detail - from morning drinks and wash water to ensuring that we had enough clean drinking water - showed how much they cared for our success. During the hikes they took time to talk to us about the plants and climates. I really appreciated the slow pace (Pole, pole!) and I never felt rushed.
I was also most impressed with the lunch at Lava Tower. This was off-trail for us (for altitude adjustment) but the porters and cooks still took all the equipment and food there for us to have a hot lunch and relax a bit. They could have packed a sandwich, but that is obviously not the Peak Planet way. They still beat us to the next camp.
The guides were outstanding. Our lead guide, Davis, was noted by many in our group as one of the best leaders we had seen in any setting. His obvious concern for us, our health and safety, and our experience was inspiring. His motivational messages - and individual comments on health checks - kept us excited and brought a feeling of family to our group. I wanted to summit for myself of course, but because of Davis and the other guides I wanted to do it for our group and them as well.
A note on health checks. At first I thought that it was just a blood oxygen test. Boy was I wrong! We had a series of questions and personal ranking of feelings as well as blood pressure and blood oxygen. The way it was handled reinforced that our group was in this experience together. I wouldn't have imagined clapping because a team member was "regular" or not, but by the end we were all aware of how our group was doing. Knowing that others were having headaches and needing to drink more water helped ensure openness about how I felt. They health checks helped unify us as a group.
I saw things in other groups that made it clear that Peak Planet is exceptional and that I might not have had the same experience with some other group. The focus on safety and keeping the group together didn't appear to be universal. I heard of hikers being left behind or being pushed beyond their limits in other groups. I often thought "that could have been me" and was glad for the choice I had made.
If it isn't obvious, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Peak Planet to anyone considering Kilimanjaro.Written 17 August 2022
- We did Moshi and safaris with African Traces , family with kids. Was best experience ever !!! Everything organised perfectly, and very quick responses from Marco. Thank you Marco for best holidays ever !!!Written 17 August 2022
- Amazing experience climbing Kilimanjaro and Serengeti safari. Every guide and staff member is committed to supporting us in reaching our dreams. They really care!Written 30 May 2022
- We booked (3 people) both a Kilimanjaro climb up and a safari tour with Kilimanjaro Heroes Adventures and they were both wonderful !
All the team which was with us on Lemosho road was super friendly and the guides were also nice and very helpful, always checking if we were in good shape (thanks to the great food from chief Mayo !).
On the safari part I would say that the most important is the driver/guide and the one from KHA was perfect, he knew where to see animals, good hints about where to look, knew how to fix a car quickly and always smiling !!!
It was a great time for the 3 of us, cheers from France and thank you organizing us such a trip.Written 14 July 2022
- We had 3 days safari in Serengeti and Ngorongoro parks. It was amazing experience! Daniel did very good trip for us and we are pleased for everything! I couple years we want to climb Kilimanjaro too and will do it with Eastland Adventures only!Written 4 February 2022