Bodies of Water • Hot Springs & Geysers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
79 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 79
What travellers are saying
- Once in a lifetime experience
Unique experience after summiting Kilimanjaro
great souvenir shopsWritten 8 June 2022
- Enjoyed the whole trip with the help of Tanzania solely tours. The day was full of fun and adventurous activities and we enjoyed everything. The guide was excellent and the walking really gave us a good kick before Hiking mount kilimanjaro. Highly recommend the tour with the the same company.Written 30 July 2022
- lake chala moshi
Moshi is a municipality and the capital of Kilimanjaro region in the north eastern Tanzania. As of 2017, the municipality has an estimated population of 201,150 and a population density of 3,409 persons per km² . In the last official census of 2012, the municipality had a population of 184,292. The municipality is situated on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, a dormant volcano that is the highest mountain in Africa. The name Moshi has been reported to refer to the smoke that emanates from the nearby mountain. The municipality covers about 59 square kilometres and is the smallest municipality in Tanzania by area.Written 28 November 2021
- One of the most striking, beautiful and genuine experience in Tanzania ! We stayed 24 hours, one night, which enabled to better understand and dive in the Maasai culture. The two guides, Kimani and Fredi, are so kind and interestind! The cooker Isaya is also fantastic. What a memorable time with all the communityWritten 17 August 2022
- Traveled to Kilimanjaro with Altezza. Five star organisation! For real! Treated us like babies. Excellent food and careful team. 100% recommended to anyone visiting Tanzania!Written 13 August 2022
- As a family of 5 we did the 4 day Mt Meru trek with Monkey Adventures. It was a fantastic experience from start to finish. Our guide Emmanuel was very professional and involved with all of us. He made sure that we all made it (personally, I would not have made it without him 😊). The trek itself is beautiful and a bit challenging. Great food was provided and always a cheerful and positive attitude. Thank you for this family event that we will never forget!Written 14 August 2022
- The Top Climbers safari was wonderful. We had a very positive experience with everyone at the company. Our guide, Raymond, was fanstatic. He is excellent at tracking and we saw many, many animals at close range. He is also knowledgeable about plants and the terrain. But even more, he is a kind, thoughtful person with a great sense of humor. He was a pleasure to travel with.
We were met at and returned to the airport by Oscar. We knew we were in good hands when we met him. At the end of the safari he was waiting for us at the hotel to ask about our experience.
Manase, the owner, patiently and promptly anwered many questions before and after we booked. The safari was as promised. The accommodations were outstanding, the food was delicious. We appreciated the sustainability of the hot lunch that was prepared by the overnight accommodation: after we ate the plates and serving containers we retuned to a wicker basket to be cleaned and refilled at the next location.
I highly recommed Top Climbers.Written 7 August 2022
- I had started with charity, so needed some quite complex details interlocking with different booking
Jackson at Mboni adventures helped me a lot. All of the details that he organized worked superbly.
After charity I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro 8 days lemosho route and I spent 7 nights on the mountain. Guide, cook and porters they always worked as a team and they are very friendly.
The Chef (Mr. John) he always prepared a very delicious meal for me. Albert the waiter, always woke me up with a cup of coffee and made sure everything in my tent was safe. All Porters we're friendly , professional and caring.
My Guide Frank Minja helped me a lot to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, We walked pole pole which helped me a lot to reach the summit
I really thank the Mboni adventures team for making my holiday more wonderful than I expected
I highly recommend the companyWritten 24 June 2022
- We booked a full 4 day safari trip with Oserok trips first because we want to experience a safari with a local (it was a deal breaker for us) but also because we have heard such great think about Alpha and his company.
The experience didn’t disappoint ! We had the best time road tripping from one national park to another and and had the best time with Alpha and his team (from the driver/ranger, to the cook to Alpha himself). The team outdone themself to make sure we are experiencing this unique trip the best way possible (by stopping more longer to watch the animals for example than any other agency; or by making sure we are comfortable in our accommodation by upgrading it last minute). We saw so many animals (even a group of cheetahs casually napping. But not only that we had the best time discussing with Alpha during our amazing meals. To sum it up : go go go ! This is the best company out there to have an unique and authentic experience with an amazing team.
We are looking forward to being back!
Thank you Oserok!Written 4 July 2022
- Climbed the Lemosho route to Kilamanjaro on a 6-day itinerary with Sirikwa travel and couldn't have been more impressed. Comfortable tents, hot meals, and guides/porters that were helpful beyond belief. Our group of 6 women (aged 38-53) all made it to the top! Bonus points for the beautiful singing that carried us through the darkest and most challenging moments of summit night. Highly recommend this group. Also, as our luggage never arrived we had to rent nearly everything for the climb - was impressed by the availability/quality of rental gear. So don't be afraid to rent if you are lacking something on the pack list.Written 13 July 2022
- Maua Adventure is the perfect company to trek Kilimanjaro with. They have the best crew, top quality equipment and very competitive prices.
I hiked up the mountain solo with Fadhir as my guide, porters Musa, Clifton, Martin, James & Temu and chef Nickson. Nickson treated us to delicious meals at all time. He is an excellent cook.
They were extremely caring and treated me like I was family. I had an awesome time with them during the six days we took to get to the summit and back to Moshi. Kilimanjaro gets freezing cold, however thanks to Jacksons advice, I sufficiently stocked up warm clothes and thermals. My tent also kept me warm and comfortable during the cold nights. Nickson also made sure I had hot water bottles for the night.
The whole team was extremely nice and helpful when i ran out steam. I would not have reached the summit without their support.
I would definitely book another adventure with Maua Adventures again.Written 10 July 2022
- An astounding national park with five stars worth reviews. The stunning park is characterized by a large number of animals and has beautiful surroundings. When visiting Serengeti Park, one should expect a lot including world-class accommodation. it is a perfect park to do a family safari. Balloon safaris are very popular here also. It is a perfect chance to see the park from a bird’s viewpoint. Totally worth a visitWritten 1 July 2022
- We did Moshi and safaris with African Traces , family with kids. Was best experience ever !!! Everything organised perfectly, and very quick responses from Marco. Thank you Marco for best holidays ever !!!Written 17 August 2022
- Amazing experience climbing Kilimanjaro and Serengeti safari. Every guide and staff member is committed to supporting us in reaching our dreams. They really care!Written 30 May 2022
- We booked (3 people) both a Kilimanjaro climb up and a safari tour with Kilimanjaro Heroes Adventures and they were both wonderful !
All the team which was with us on Lemosho road was super friendly and the guides were also nice and very helpful, always checking if we were in good shape (thanks to the great food from chief Mayo !).
On the safari part I would say that the most important is the driver/guide and the one from KHA was perfect, he knew where to see animals, good hints about where to look, knew how to fix a car quickly and always smiling !!!
It was a great time for the 3 of us, cheers from France and thank you organizing us such a trip.Written 14 July 2022