Bodies of Water • Hot Springs & Geysers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
82 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 82
What travellers are saying
- We really enjoyed the excursion to Materuni waterfalls after our successful Kilimanjaro trek. Musa of Kili Team Adventures put together this outing on a very short notice and we are glad to have taken the time for it.
We were quite lucky that there was little traffic on that day as there was only one other small group at the site.
Its a beautiful and very relaxing place to cool off after the tough Kilimanjaro.Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful week with Alpha. So many discoveries.
During our 4 days safari, Siya and Ahmade joined us. What a wonderful team. So much knowledge about animals, kindness towards us.
Alpha is very kind, attentive, professional and has passed on his knowledge of animals, culture and country with passion.
It was really beyond our expectations and above all a great meeting.
This first stay in Tanzania was wonderful for my best friend and me.
Really there is no better guide and team to discover this country.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We booked a hike to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Pristine Trails and found the experience to be outstanding. Everything was very well organized and communicated, while the staff very friendly and knowledgeable.
Our Team Leader, Yaky, was excellent. He is a born leader who takes care of his team and his clients. He and his team made the trek a really enjoyable experience and I would recommend Pristine and Yaky to anyone.Written 29 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My 3 friends and I went on a four day safari through Tarangire NP, Lake Manyara NP and Ngorongoro Crater with Maua Adventures.
We found everything well planned just as described in our itinerary that we did not have to worry about anything.
Our guide Sadati was very passionate about conservation and showing us the abundant wildlife, beautiful nature and historical sites in the parks and conservation area we visited in addition to cultural exchange with Maasai and Datoga tribes.
The choice of lodges selected for the tour was excellent, all very comfortable resting spots after the early morning and afternoon game drives.
I am very happy to recommend Maua Adventures for arranging everything flawlessly and making our safari holiday special.Written 26 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Good charity to do a donation and contribute to better living conditions for children in Moshi. With our donation Enjoy was able to have a mattress, which she didn't have before, and a new tracksuit.Written 23 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful experience at the Safari with the best guide we could ever wish for - Anderson. The plan and the lodge were great, Anderson has a huge knowledge about every animal and info, knows all the best spots and was very kind and patient for all our requests.Written 24 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A very worthwhile and enjoyable experience. We did the cycling tour with litter picking in the forest and planting trees at the local primary school. Linus was very knowledgeable about the local area, the wildlife and the culture. He is clearly passionate about and committed to what he is going, and making a difference in the local community. The company is highlighting some very important local environmental issues and trying to develop cultural tourism in the area. Tanzania is definitely not just about going on safari. There is so much more to this fascinating country.Written 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- While it was my wife and my first time in Africa, I cannot imagine a better experience than our Tanzania horizon Safaris trip. Our guide had over 10 years of experience and did a fantastic job getting us close to an amazing variety of animals (including 83 species of birds). You cannot imagine how interesting it is to see animals in their natural setting (including watching lions and hyenas hunting) until you have done it. We really enjoyed seeing the "Great Migration" of Wildebeest crossing the Mara river. The food was wonderful including freshly baked bread, wonderful soups, salad, lots of vegetables and savory meat dishes, and eggs made to order in the morning. The tents at the Nyumbas were very comfortable (including being provided hot water bottles for the higher elevation camps). Wonderful listening to the animal sounds during the night. Gibbs farm is a lush oasis with beautiful gardens and rooms. Every logistical data was flawless. Definitely one of the most enjoyable trips we have ever taken.Written 26 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Best trip ever made! Our guide, Humphrey, is really the best guide I know. He made all efforts to improve our experience and he has huge knowledge in wildlife.Written 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing service and very nice communication. He knows a lot about the country, has great stories to tell and has a good taste in music 😊 He is probably the best driver you will ever encounter in Tanzania. Definitely recommend!Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My husband and I had a lifechanging trip to Tanzania through Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro with KWESA. The trip was fun and a romantic escape for the both us. We left all the organization details to Teacher and his efficiency, support and flexibility to ensure that we had a perfect trip is outstanding. He gave us Martin to be our guide whose charisma and passion for safari is tops. He made our trip enjoyable and fun. The sights and sounds of the parks were incredible. From the spectacular landscapes of Ngorongoro and Serengeti that are more beautiful than any picture can depict.
Staying in mid-level lodges was a good decision, they had everything we needed on safari and their comfort level very high.
I would urge you to book with KWESA for an amazing time in TanzaniaWritten 10 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I should start with praising the kind communication with Elisante ahead of our trip. It was so convenient to receive good answers to all my questions within a short turn-around time. Everything worked out well - everybody was committed and we felt perfectly well cared for. Thank you Elisante!
Our experienced guide was Ali, a friendly man from Moshi town. We talked a lot - not only about the tour, plants and animals - but also about live. It was very good to meet you Ali! Thanks. And we had a wonderful team. Another guide who jumped in as porter but clearly was capable to guide a whole team, our cook, Dr. Delicious and our porter prepared wonderful vegetarian dishes.
Now about the trip itself: I am convinced that Mount Meru is more rewarding than Kilimanjaro. Let me give you four reasons. First, you see more animals on the walking safari part through Arusha National Park on the first and last day of your trip. Second, the Kilimanjaro gives a wonderful scenery - it is amazing to look at this majestic mountain (you don't have these views from the Kili). Third, to get on top of Mount Meru you walk two days through the most beautiful forests, I ever walked through and the summit day will surprise you with astonishing views in a vulcanic landscape. Finally, if you live near sea level it is simply less stressful due to less acclimatization.
One important recommendation: Choose the four day trip! You need the time to see and enjoy the beauty of nature! I promise that you do not waste a single second.Written 14 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our safari was amazing from start to finish. From start I mean my very first message to Migration I got Amos and he was more than helpful. I am a big planner when I do trips so I had A LOT of questions. Communication was fast simple and easy!! Amos was very patient with me and went above in beyond in answering every question I had. My husband and I were staying in Dar es Salaam so we had to catch a flight to get to our safari. Amos gave me option of taking us via bus or flight to Arusha/Kilimanjaro. He recommended airlines to book for the flight as well as hotels to stay at if we could not get a flight to coordinate with our safari times. Deposit and final payments were all very easy and the price was what was listed no hidden fees. Pick up from the airport was very smooth. Our flight arrived early so I was nervous but our ride was early as well. There was someone waiting outside the airport with a sign with my name on it and the number of people in my party, so we knew exactly who to go with. Our driver GodLove was excellent. The drive to the first park took a few hours but we felt comfortable the whole ride. On the way to the park he gave us some info about the towns and different passing landmarks. He asked what we wanted to see/experience while in the parks and then told us to keep low expectation. This was the best advice ever and changed the whole out look of the experience!!!! While inside the park he let us use his binoculars and took pictures for us through his binoculars so we could get better pictures on our phone. He also did a good job of maneuvering the truck so we could get good angles and views of different animals. He had a great eye for spotting things that we couldn’t see!!!! The accommodations at Octagon Lodge were great. Everyone there was very friendly and the food was amazing!!! THIS TOUR WAS WORTH THE MONEY AND THEN SOME!!!!!!
A few suggestions I have to someone looking to book is be patient. I understand you may have certain animals you want to see but you have to realize that these are wild animals in a huge park. Your tour guide cannot control where the animals are and they cannot make them appear. Express what you want to see and I am sure if the opportunity is available your tour guide will do their best to try to help you experience it. TAKE A SNACK WITH YOU!!! You don’t want to be in the middle of the action or on a hunt for an animal and then have to leave because you are hungry. There was a time when I wanted to ask when was lunch during our game and I am glad I didn’t because right at that moment we found a lion and right after that a cheetah but had I asked for us to go to lunch we would have missed all of that. Bring a professional camera and good binoculars if you have some. Be respectful of the animals. You are entering their homes so don’t bother them. Just be respectful and watch and observe you don’t have to yell at them and bother them to try to get their attention. You wouldn’t want someone coming to your home and doing that to you so give them the same respect.
All and all this was a great experience and I cannot wait to come back with the rest of our familyWritten 2 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our experience was amazing and Alan (our guide) was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the history of the land, tress and animals. Thanks Alan for answering our endless questions lol. And thanks Amina for coordinating everything and making sure we get the best out of this experience. I would recommend 2 days in Serengeti, 1 Ngorongoro and 1 in Arusha (and visit the waterfall in Arusha).Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.