Showing results 1-30 of 106
What travellers are saying
- The trip was booked by my parents before my wife and I decided to join them. So we followed the program my parents made. We would certainly have done some things different. The first 3 days was a lot of travelling. First the 9 hour flight from A'dam to Kilimanjaro. We fly BC but still it is exhausting. Our guide Jamal waited for us at the airport. Jamal is a very good travel companion, really skilled ranger, driver and with a good sense of humor. Love this guy and he was my 'little' brother for 8 days. After landing we had an hour drive to the hotel. The next day we were in the car for 9 hours, travelling and visiting lake Manyara. The 3rd day we had to travel again 9 hours, allthough the information from Makasa mentioned 4-5 hours, to Kimbilio tented camp. The length of this drive was disappointing and to exhausting! Jamal did his best and drove like Max Verstappen (very safe!) but still .... the 4 days at Kimbilio was an excellent experience! See my review. We left Serengeti to drive to the next stay at Ngorongoro Crater. Beautiful wildlife and Park for 1 day. Good planning. The Melia lodge is not so good, but we asked ourselves to book this, so not Makasa to blame. See my other review of the lodge. After 2 nights Jamal drove us to the airport Arusha for our flight to Zanzibar. He helped us with everything, check in et cetera and we said goodbyes and we really miss Jamal! My parents went with Jamal to a Masai camp. In Zanzibar our transfer waited for us and the Next Paradise resort (thank you Selma, Makasa for the tip!) is stunning! See my review. 5 days beach was relaxing and lovely.
So in the end. Makasa did overall a great job! Good information before the trip, Jamal perfect match for us, transfers, lodges and hotels all booked, no hustle. And what I appreciated, easy to reach by email and phone. We can recommend Makasa !Written 15 October 2023
- The trip to the hot springs was incredible.
The place was beautiful, the water was warm and it was very peaceful. It was exactly what I had needed after a long week
There is a rope swing there so try out your moves, such as backflips and dives - some of my friends were great but I was rubbish. It is manned by the guardians of the springs, who have some amazing skills themselves.
If you are not that an amazing swimmer or you are getting tired, the guardians can offer you a sturdy rubber ring to give you a rest. They charge 5000TZS, which works out as $2 or £1.62, which - let’s be honest - is nothing. They make for a really relaxing time.
You remember the feet pedicures from a few years back, where the fish ate the dead skin off your toes? They apparently got the fish from this spring lol. They are harmless, although the sensation is a bit strange. They will only start to have a nibble if you stand still too long. If you continue to move, they will leave you alone.
One thing to note is that the hot springs is very busy. We went when it was very quiet, which made it the perfect experience. However, this was because it was a rainy day - the on-and-off rain typical in Tanzania this time of year. The rain didn’t affect our trip at all, other than clear the decks!
However, I’ve heard that the numbers can swell, and the hot spring be extremely crowded. If this isn’t what you want, I would suggest finding what the high and low times are.
10/10 would recommendWritten 18 November 2023
- Very friendly locals ar materuni.This is the best activity that makes you interact with the locals.We had the best experience with Oscar Tanzania Escapade +255 652 790 680.Amazing natural landscape.Highly recommend this day trip with Tanzania EscapadeWritten 18 October 2023
- The shop owners are lovely people and they have great intentions. By supporting this shop you support local artists and also help with empowering women programs. They have a wide variety of gifts, so you will definitely find something you fancy. Great place to buy beautiful things with a beautiful idea behind it!Written 26 October 2023
- We quite spontaneously asked about a program for two days, as an extra before our safari.
He responded very quickly and gave us a great tour of Moshi the first day, including a visit to a local restaurant and markets. On the second day we went to the Materuni waterfalls, with great views. Also there he knew a local restaurant, which was great.
In general we had a fantastic time with him, he was able to accommodate all of our wishes (pick-up from Boma Ng’ombe, getting a sim card during the city tour, …). Would highly recommend.Written 9 November 2023
- Incredibly professional company. Very quick to respond and help with any questions about the area you may have. Staff was always earlier than the planned pickup and very friendly.Written 29 September 2023
- I had an incredible day trip to Materuni waterfall with my driver guide David. His extensive knowledge of the area and friendly demeanor enhanced the experience. From navigating scenic routes to sharing fascinating local stories, David's guidance made the journey memorable. The breathtaking views at Materuni waterfall were complemented by David's attentive service, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable adventure. Highly recommend this excursion with David for anyone seeking a blend of nature, culture, and a reliable guide.Written 4 December 2023
- First big decision was to go on a safari, the next most important decision was who to trust this once in a lifetime adventure to. We were referred to Pristine Trails by our close friends and so glad we listened. From the moment we arrived in Tanzania to the day we departed for home, every detail was accounted for and handled flawlessly. As we traveled along the Serengeti, up close and personal with Zebras, Lions, Giraffes, Elephants and so much more I realized it was not just about the visuals. The added information and insight provided by our very talented and humorous tour guide made the experience complete. During our time in Tanzania, we enjoyed excellent accommodations and food along with amazing weather. I was the only one in the group that initially was not overly excited about going on a safari, so glad I went, it is what everyone said it would be, a once in a lifetime experience! Don't trust this opportunity to just any tour guide, go with the best, Pristine Trails.Written 25 November 2023
- My friend and I have just returned home from Kilimanjaro and what an insane experience!
We chose the Machame route as we liked the idea of it being a harder but still enough time to acclimatise.
I cannot get over how incredible the experience was. Our team from Nyange Adventures were outstanding. It makes me a little sad writing this as it’s over now and it’s just a memory.
The food is F*CKING insane!! How they create such insane feasts on a mountain will never not amaze me.
Choosing the Machame route, you sleep in tents. Well, the tents were great and you have a pretty comfortable sleeping matt provided along with table and chairs with many kitchen comforts. Hot chocolate, coffee etc and a constant supply of hot water in a flask.
I summited but my friend unfortunately did not. Just down to altitude. He felt the altitude on day 3 going up to lava tower.
On summit night the level of care we both received pushing to the summit was brilliant.
I simply would not have summited if it wasn’t for our guides. Thanks again Mo!
I can say with almost certainty, there will be no better company you can choose. Our guides Amnaay and Mo are world class at what they do. They have summited over 100 times and they’re knowledge and presence is so impressive.
They’re all amazing people and they actually care about your well being. We miss you all.
Amnaay, Mo, Supertall, Jimmy, Gerald, Simba, Mudi, Timo, Dodo and Praise and Living! Big Love!!!! We miss you.
Tom and DionWritten 3 April 2023
- The tour was amazing. Beside the beauty of the nature and the pleasure of hiking, we learned a lot on the culture of the region at the Coffee plantation. We also took advantage of the information given to us by our guide, Sylvester.Written 22 October 2023
- We had a wonderful safari with our family (kids, parents, grandparents), and are so appreciative of the fantastic work that Summit Expeditions did to make it so memorable. Our guide was incredibly friendly and knowledgable, and the route + lodges/camps they chose for us were all great. Would not hesitate to recommend the Summit team to anybody else!Written 30 October 2023
- It was an amazing experience,trekking was superb,guides and porters was so friendly.I really enjoyed with zafs tours thank you so much.I would like to recommend zafs tours to who is planning to do KilimanjaroWritten 30 November 2023
- Perfect mountain-bike ride with a very nice guide Daniel to see the surroundings and local sides... perfect way to see the nature and the population with very professional explainationsWritten 21 October 2023
- perfect place to be in, they welcomed me with so much love and laughter and the cultural food was nothing short than amazingWritten 4 November 2023
- We had an amazing time on our safari! We visited Tarangire National Park, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara. We saw so many animals and the scenery was gorgeous. All our accommodation was great and we were happy with the food too. Very good communication with Africa Natural Tours via email, they were happy to answer any questions. Our guide Suma was great and he even organised a cake and song for my husband's birthday.Written 8 September 2023