Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Peter that owns Mama Africa Giftshop with his mother, is a perfect mediator between western cilture to the local culture.
From buying local art in a trustworthy price, to getting around in his car to visit local sites/attractions, or even just hang out at night for some football games, pool and karaoke.... nevermind what, he will take care of you.
If you come to Moshi, i can recommend to contact him for all the above or also for a very nice homstay gesthouse to sleep.
He has been living in UK.Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
" It is one of my greatest game drive Safari. Purely adventurous. I thought maybe it could took us much time to discover perfectly the big five, but things didn’t went as what we expected! Very wonderful we spotted all of the big five in a very short space almost on every National park we visited ( Tarangire, Manyara and Ngorongoro crater). Thanks to World Sky Safaris and our guides, every thing were absolutely amazing! "Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Review of: Kitano Tours And Safaris. (Kilimanjaro, best, Tour, Agency / Company / Operator, in, Moshi)The perfect conditions to challenge yourself and find your inner peace and strenght. It is hard to describe really, you have to live it to understand it! What was the most inspirational moment of your trip? I loved most of the days, especially being so close to nature. If I had to chose a moment, obviously the summit day (actually night) is pretty mindblowing. Kili climbing... was certainly one of a kind life experience. After walking up for 5 hours in the dark, when our guide told me 'don't lose your confidence sister' and kindly carried my backpack, 2 hours before reaching Uhuru peak, I suddendly felt an adrenaline kick, and wings growing in my feet... What did you think of your group leader? Our group leader was extremely responsible, he knew so much about the mountain, and was great in managing the team and bringing everybody together. The 2 other guides were amazing as well, both wise and professional and yet super friendly and cheerful. We had so much fun. I must also add that our guides' mountain gear was much better than those of many other trekking companies we found on the way, showing they take good care of their staff. Do you have any advice for potential travellers? Lemosho route is definetely the best to reach the peak as you spend several extra days on the mountain just to acclimatise in preparation for the summit ascent. It is also really enjoyable since you leave from a beautiful pine forest, and arrive through a lovely tropical forest, so you get a lot of variety.Trust your guides! Drink loads, walk slowly, it is not a competition! Bring a camel bag, as it is the only way to drink enough as you walk to meet the 4-5L water requirement/day.Also, I was happy I had hired a matress through Kitano Tours And Safars co l.t.d as they were much thicker than those you get in mountain shops, they also isolate better from the cold. Honestly, I slept like a baby every night.For the summit ascent: bring loads of snacks, better liquid (energy gels for instance) as the cereal bars and chocolate will freeze. An ipod is also great as the summit ascent can get a bit monotonous when you are walking for hours in the dark and personally music kept me going..Keep all electrical equipment next to you body every night (in your sleeping bag) and during the final ascent so the batteries don't freeze. There is signal on the top so you can send text to family and friends to tell them you have reached the top! Is there anything else you would like to add? The food was fabulous. It was a luxury to have fresh popcorn for afternoon tea, and crepes for desserts. Overall the meals were very balanced and tasty.Be prepared to feel the mountain blues when you come down!Written 20 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This shop has amazing gifts and souvenirs. I had the best experience. The staff is very nice and helpful. Elina was very knowledgeable about the paintings and tanzanite gems.Written 25 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.