- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Our visit (with overnight) was most enjoyable, the program is well thought out and the activities are interesting. The bushwalk was especially exciting (we got to see a giraffe and even "learnt" how to throw a Maasai spear). The boma is very representative of what a real vilage looks like but is very clean (and the visit there doesen't include disturbing actual Maasai people going on about their lives).
The food was very good and we really enjoyed the campfire dinner.
Our guide, Freddy, was knowlegable and friendly.
One thing you should consider though is staying overnight, on one hand, staying in the hut was deffinetly an expirience but you really shouldn't do that if you are sensitive to stiff mattreses. in our opinion you could manage to fit in all of the important activities in one day (espacially if you arrive early), but the dinner was really good so decide for yourself.
And just a small tip: think beforehand what would you like to ask Grandma over tea to make the most of your visit to her.Written 6 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I saw ot online and decided to take an afternoon walk there from Moshi town. I used goggle maps for directions. There was no other visitor when i got there so i had all the time and attention. The have a small bar that is fully packed and a really calm environment. The museum is small and has historical documentations of the chagga community. Probably a good place for afternoon walk.Written 16 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Peter that owns Mama Africa Giftshop with his mother, is a perfect mediator between western cilture to the local culture.
From buying local art in a trustworthy price, to getting around in his car to visit local sites/attractions, or even just hang out at night for some football games, pool and karaoke.... nevermind what, he will take care of you.
If you come to Moshi, i can recommend to contact him for all the above or also for a very nice homstay gesthouse to sleep.
He has been living in UK.Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Interesting place to shop for souvenirs , African sculptures, and different varieties of quality art from Tanzania and African artists. With this being clear the shop is a very worthwhile visit while in Moshi. The price is also reasonable.Written 6 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.