Bodies of Water • Hot Springs & Geysers
Popular things to do
- Day Trips
- 4WD Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Historical Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Special Offers
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
- Shopping Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Thermal Spas & Hot Springs
- Water Parks
- Likely to Sell Out
Top Attractions in Moshi
What travellers are saying
- We really enjoyed the excursion to Materuni waterfalls after our successful Kilimanjaro trek. Musa of Kili Team Adventures put together this outing on a very short notice and we are glad to have taken the time for it.
We were quite lucky that there was little traffic on that day as there was only one other small group at the site.
Its a beautiful and very relaxing place to cool off after the tough Kilimanjaro.Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- lake chala moshi
Moshi is a municipality and the capital of Kilimanjaro region in the north eastern Tanzania. As of 2017, the municipality has an estimated population of 201,150 and a population density of 3,409 persons per km² . In the last official census of 2012, the municipality had a population of 184,292. The municipality is situated on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, a dormant volcano that is the highest mountain in Africa. The name Moshi has been reported to refer to the smoke that emanates from the nearby mountain. The municipality covers about 59 square kilometres and is the smallest municipality in Tanzania by area.Written 28 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our visit (with overnight) was most enjoyable, the program is well thought out and the activities are interesting. The bushwalk was especially exciting (we got to see a giraffe and even "learnt" how to throw a Maasai spear). The boma is very representative of what a real vilage looks like but is very clean (and the visit there doesen't include disturbing actual Maasai people going on about their lives).
The food was very good and we really enjoyed the campfire dinner.
Our guide, Freddy, was knowlegable and friendly.
One thing you should consider though is staying overnight, on one hand, staying in the hut was deffinetly an expirience but you really shouldn't do that if you are sensitive to stiff mattreses. in our opinion you could manage to fit in all of the important activities in one day (espacially if you arrive early), but the dinner was really good so decide for yourself.
And just a small tip: think beforehand what would you like to ask Grandma over tea to make the most of your visit to her.Written 6 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I saw ot online and decided to take an afternoon walk there from Moshi town. I used goggle maps for directions. There was no other visitor when i got there so i had all the time and attention. The have a small bar that is fully packed and a really calm environment. The museum is small and has historical documentations of the chagga community. Probably a good place for afternoon walk.Written 16 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This tour was a great experience and together with our guide Sophie we had days full of amazing views, adventurous paths or interesting talks about tanzanian culture- this trail is great!;)
Still, there is one (minor) problem: A small part of the way leads through the nationalpark and it depends on which ranger you meet at the gate ( if you are not lucky, you have to choose between paying the entrance fee or doing a detour) But don't let this stop you! ;-)Written 8 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We didn't have time to, but apparently you can also visit vanilla farmers in the villages nearby to see the social impact of this enterprise.Written 26 August 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I mostly visiting Kibo tour ...different shops available here!!!i think add a supermarket would be the best shopping centre!!Written 19 August 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Organised a short private safari with Altezza post Kili hike which was a great decision. Before travelling, Angelina was very responsive and supportive in developing a customised itinerary that maximised the activities to see while having time to relax. Settled on a two day Tarangire safari which was superb. Phillip my guide was super friendly , knowledgeable and provided detailed info and stories on all wildlife seen. The accommodation choice of the Simba lodge was superb and one of the best places I have stayed. It is the attention to detail and customer service that really stands outWritten 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kilimanjaro Lemosho 7 days, Safari Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, crater 4 days, Bushcamp, CoffeelodgeBooking procedure: top (short reply time and very helpfully)
Trip procedure: top (very professional)
Accomodation: top (new experience Bushcamp & Hhando coffeelodge)
Food: very goodWritten 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Review of: AFRICA NATURAL TOURS L.T.D : Serengeti Safari & Kilimanjaro Climbing Operator in Tanzaniajust back from my honeymoon safari to Zanzibar with Africa Natural Tour. The few things i enjoyed is well-prepared accommodations, 24 hours assistance if needed, it was amazing having 5 days tour to Zanzibar trip with Africa natural tour. Local boats which are made by indigenous people are amazing, high welcoming trait from the people of Zanzibar really touches me, the cool air and beaches make my tour fantastic. i expect to have another tour to visit Serengeti and Ngorongoro in December 2022 i think my only choice will be Africa Natural Tour. they deserve my five-star ratings... i love TanzaniaWritten 31 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful week with Alpha. So many discoveries.
During our 4 days safari, Siya and Ahmade joined us. What a wonderful team. So much knowledge about animals, kindness towards us.
Alpha is very kind, attentive, professional and has passed on his knowledge of animals, culture and country with passion.
It was really beyond our expectations and above all a great meeting.
This first stay in Tanzania was wonderful for my best friend and me.
Really there is no better guide and team to discover this country.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had started with charity, so needed some quite complex details interlocking with different booking
Jackson at Mboni adventures helped me a lot. All of the details that he organized worked superbly.
After charity I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro 8 days lemosho route and I spent 7 nights on the mountain. Guide, cook and porters they always worked as a team and they are very friendly.
The Chef (Mr. John) he always prepared a very delicious meal for me. Albert the waiter, always woke me up with a cup of coffee and made sure everything in my tent was safe. All Porters we're friendly , professional and caring.
My Guide Frank Minja helped me a lot to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, We walked pole pole which helped me a lot to reach the summit
I really thank the Mboni adventures team for making my holiday more wonderful than I expected
I highly recommend the companyWritten 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The only trekking company to use to tackle Kilimanjaro is Habari Adventure. From the food, to the expert guides and the amazing porters, nothing could beat this trekking company. Everything was absolutely perfect. The guide, porters, cook and waiter I had for my 7 day Lemosho trek were quite possibly the kindest group of men I have ever met traveling. They made me feel like they were all pulling for me to get to the peak! Every camp was a celebration of a step closer to the goal. When I reached base camp, they sang and congratulated me for getting that far... the night of our ascent, it was very windy and bitterly cold...instead of just going to the peak with just my guide, an amazing man named Frank offered to be my wingman.... I think they were afraid I'd get blown away! I was nothing short of spoiled through every step of my trek. If you want the best service, the best food, the best accommodations and the kindest and most experienced team, look no further than Habari...they are AWESOME! And the 4 day added safari was a dream come true!Written 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a great experience with African Scenic Safaris. I found them through this site and turned over almost all the planning for our one week family (2 parents + 2 college kids) safari to them. They did a fantastic job in planning and communicating pre-trip and executed flawlessly during our visit. Our diver/guide (Grayson) was so kind, personable and professional. He could spot animals that we clearly would have missed. He also tailored our days based on our interests. So glad we found this tour company and I've already recommended it to friends in the few days we have been home. I did not research pricing but it seemed very fair once you understand all the park fees.Written 5 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Moshi
- The best day trips from Moshi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Tour to Materuni Waterfalls, coffee tour & Kikuletwa Hot Springs
- Full Day Private Safari Tour - Arusha National Park
- Maasai village visit and Hot-springs with Lunch
- Kilimanjaro day trip - coffee tour, village walk and waterfalls with Local lunch
- Materuni Waterfalls & Coffee Tour from Moshi