Top Attractions in Uyuni
What travellers are saying
- After a long drive on the salt flats in intense sun light (bring good sun glasses!) we arrived at Isla Incahuasi and were treated to another unusual ecosystem. This small island surrounded by salt is home to an incredible collection of cactuses.
A few of our group made it to the top and got a fantastic view of the almost endless expanse of salt. We saw several bird species along the way.Written 12 November 2022
- This is a most magnificent beautiful place to visit
The colours are spectacular
Perfect in a group or couple
Definitely need to be on an organised tour or you may never leave the place its that bigWritten 5 October 2022
- A spectacular place where you can see geysers and fumaroles and enjoy hot springs at almost 5000 meters of altitude.
It can be visited as part of the tour offered from Uyuni, including the Salar de Uyuni and the Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve; These routes offer the possibility of returning to Uyuni or staying on the border with Chile if you want to visit San Pedro de Atacama.
It is definitely worth a visit!Written 7 November 2022
- Large lake fed by thermal waters. Lots of birds around and llamas and vacunas. Waters are said to have medicinal properties.Written 18 January 2020
- Driving on tracks(not really roads) with an experienced guide and two spare tires is an extraordinary experience. Beautify and animal life abound if you look. One small animal looks like a cross between a squirrel and a rabbit. Another like a small orstrch. Vicuñas here iand there in packs of three to five. And there is quiet,Written 18 January 2020
- The Hedionda lagoon has some structure to receive tourists. There is a restaurant, bathrooms and even tables outside to receive visitors, with lunch made by them. It was there that we had lunch, with the food included in the tour price. We only pay an extra 5 Bolivians per person to eat inside the restaurant, which is very disputed because, outside, the wind makes any rest or pleasant meal unbearable. Getting closer to the restaurant, the attraction is a fox that comes to receive tourists, obviously because they give him food.Written 19 June 2020
- Beautiful. Blue lagoon, with white edges of ice and borax, splashed by the wind. The pink dots that were visible from afar were the famous flamingos of the altiplano. The almost vegetation-free mountains around it served as a frame for that cold oasis in the middle of the desert. It was one of the most striking images I've ever had in my life. We parked in a corner of the lagoon and when we went down we could soon see the strength and cold of the wind that blew there. We walked along the banks to the point where the flamingos were concentrated, many of them immobile, paradinhos with one leg in the shallow water of the lagoon.Written 19 June 2020
I was in Bolivia in August 2022, with Crillon Tours, that handed me off to Senda Andina for the Uyuni Salar tour. They pickd me up at Oruro and drove me to Uyuni. I was a very lucky guy because my guide was Jose Luis and my driver Was Jovenal. Two young, helpful, clever and very professional guys.
My first night was spent in Boutinque Andina Hotel, that I presume belongs to Senda Andina.
I was with a intestines problem and their were extremely careful asking the kitchen to prepare me a good dinner, taking in account my condition. They were surpassed.
Next day with had the Uyuni Salar tour. Really magnificent. Jose Luis is an expert taking photos and made some funny pictures of me with a beer bottle and a dinosaur. Everything was extremely well explained to me and I couldn’t profit more of this day. Lunch was served in the middle of the salar by Jovenal and I spent that night in a worderful hotel: Luna Salada hotel, completely built with salt blocks. They wanted me to experience that hotel and it worth the experience.
Next day they drove me back to Oruro to and me off back to Diego, my wonderful Crillon Tours guide. And before arriving in Oruro, Jovenal drove the jeep off the road and served lunch in the middle of the altiplano.
Wonderful guys, very clever, excellent company. Highly recommended this guys and all Senda Andina services. I feel I left 2 friends in BoliviaWritten 19 August 2022
- We passed here on way from Uyuni to Chile - the whole area is quite spectacular with some amazing rock formations including this tree.
There are a few foxes here that have become overly aggressive in their hunt for food so please be careful when you get out. My husband and I had been warned by our guide but still got chased.Written 3 October 2019
- A sacred mountain for the native inhabitants of Bolivia, it is a deity made a mountain, a very good place to visit in the Uyuni salt flat area. the trek to the top of the Colorado volcano does not have too many difficulties, apart from the altitude, beautiful colors and excellent views of the salt.Written 19 June 2020
- The Uyuni train cemetery is one of the tourist places that one cannot miss, it is very close to Uyuni, about 10 minutes and it is quite crowded, there is no cost to visit it and you must be careful and see the warning signs since you cannot get on all the cars, 100% recommended.Written 19 June 2020
- The characteristic of the white color of the water, which gave the lake its name, is caused by the high amount of minerals suspended in it.
Only a narrow corridor separates the lagoon of color Blanca from the other lagoon color Green. Both are within the Eduardo Avaroa Andean Wildlife Reserve.
The milky and surreal waters have incredible tones, this tour is absolutely recommendable.Written 19 June 2020
- Can almost say that this huge collection of rock formations was the highlight of our three days. You can spend hours deciding what any of the hundreds of formations look like. We passed thru two times using different roads from and going back to Uyuni. Our guide insisted one formation was Homer Simpson. Try to find it.Written 19 January 2020
- Very interesting site with tombs carved out of volcanic rock. Many of the tombs have the remains in place. Site just outside of the town and easily reached.Written 25 March 2017
- One of the best tours we have ever done in the world. Celia (organiser) and Eladio (guide) are definitely the best in the business and a rare find in Uyuni - kind, knowledgeable, attentive, truthful, clear, and exceptional with their service.
Flamingo Travels was one of the very few travel agencies in Uyuni that don’t use aggressive techniques to upsell you! They were straightforward and clear the whole time.
The 3-day, 2-night tour with Eladio was absolutely exceptional. Eladio was always on top of everything and did everything he could do to ensure that our group was always safe, happy, and seeing the most beautiful sights. The area we visited and tour itself was incredible - unreal landscapes, volcanos, lakes, and of course the salt flat. Eladio is a great chef and photographer as well!
I cannot recommend Celia and Eladio enough! If you’re looking for a tour of Uyuni, definitely go with Flamingo Travels!!!Written 12 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Uyuni
- The best day trips from Uyuni according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- 3-Day Tour to Salt Flats and Lagoons
- Uyuni Salt Flat 1 day in Spanish (shared)
- Salar de Uyuni - 1 full day tour
- Private Day Trip Salar de Uyuni
- Uyuni Salt Flats (Day Trip) English Guide
Uyuni Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 1:04 AM|