Universities & Schools • Educational sites
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz La Laguna
What travellers are saying
- My husband and I were most impressed with the Santa Cruz Spanish School. The communications, price, and reception were all great, but above all the teachers were excellent. My teacher, Juana, a remarkable young woman from the local town, used a diverse range of teaching tools and techniques, which kept things fun and interesting. She was so patient with me and my awful pronunciation. In the beginning, I thought I wasn't advanced enough for a language school, but I was amazed how much I had learned by the end of the week. The school is located lakeside, and the beautiful views offered inspiration and respite. Combined with a stay a few minutes up the hill as Casa de Cameron (Panorama), it was the perfect place to do a language school.Written 7 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I don't want to spoil the joy! Just book with Tours Atitlan in Santa Cruz for the day for a hike and a picnic!Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The strenuous hiking is well worth it for the connection to nature, the bird watching, and the wonderful views you'll get a long the way.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great time on the sunrise paddle across the lake. Ever, our guide was awesome. The views from the middle of the lake were beautiful. This was my favorite activity in Guatemala.Written 1 August 2022
- Voltan Adventures help us create memories for our family that we will be talking about for years to come. I found this tour company from a google search and with in a matter of minutes I had talked to Pedro and he had my whole itinerary arranged. From airport pick up to a gastro history tour of Antigua to a hike up Pacaya, visiting Iximche, and kayaking and cooking lesson in Lake Atitlan, everything was amazing. Our guide Chay was kind and well planned. I can’t say enough! We will definitely be back again.Written 13 April 2022
- My family of four coordinated with Lee at Los Elementos Adventure Center for a multi-stop tour of the country. Honestly, I can't speak highly enough. All of the care we received in-destination was fantastic. Everything was taken care of and we loved all of the guides we worked with along the way. Lee is running a top notch company- with top notch care for a quality, enjoyable, and memorable experience. Thank you SO MUCH. We all had a wonderful time, felt so safe, had so much fun and will never forget it. Without hesitation, contact this company. You'll have a fantastic experience!
Shout out to Lee, Fernando and William as our fabulous tour guides!Written 11 July 2022
- It was a great experience, one of my favorite during my travels in Guatemala. The staff was exceptional, as was the food we learned to prepare.Written 1 July 2022
- I stayed at the property and scheduled a massage for day two. It was the perfect end to a lovely day. The room was right by the water, so the sounds of the waves hitting the shore was the backdrop. Elaine offered a good mix of talking and quiet. She asked about her pressure and made sure I was comfortable. It was the perfect end to a great trip.Written 19 April 2019
- I was in Guatamala last month and booked a personal Shaman Reading. I cant say enough good things about how amazingly accommodating they were with my very last min request. The Shaman and guide came to my hotel to provide the reading. Communication throughout the booking was fantastic and the experience itself was amazing. Both the guide and the Shaman were such warm kind people. Hands down one of my favorite experiences during my trip to Guatamala.Written 23 May 2022
- We really enjoyed our stop at this store after a wonderful lunch at the culinary school upstairs. The textiles are so well made, and delicate. I bought several souvenirs at reasonable prices. The ladies who make the textiles are right there, so you can also watch them work. Well worth finding this place.Written 10 March 2020
- A nice hike took us to this awesome Café with the BEST view ever. Thanks Alex and all your wonderful staff for letting us appreciate the amazing work you are doing.
Perfect timing for some shopping, handmade items from Sta Cruz ladies. Let’s support local business 👏.Written 26 November 2020
- We went to Guatemala for a Guatemala experience! So having lunch with a Guatemala family was an awesome experience for us. We are very adventures and love to do something very different. If you don't like different and an adventure, then I would suggest you don't experience this. I also want to mention this because it is also a good hike. We did fine, and we are not young!! So I thank the tour company for offering this awesome experience!! We sure enjoyed every moment of it.Written 4 May 2016
- I like deep tissue massage. Mine was great. Arrive early. Be prepared to walk up stairs that may leave you winded before your therapy.Written 19 February 2012
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Cruz La Laguna
- The best day trips from Santa Cruz La Laguna according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Indian Nose Peak and Lake Atitlan Sunrise Tour from Panajachel
- Quetzaltenango and Fuentes Georginas Hot Springs from Panajachel
- Private Lake Atitlan Tour in Town of Santa Cruz, Jaibalito, Tzununa and San Juan
- Chichicastenango Market Day Tour from Panajachel
- Bicycle Tour Around Lake Atitlan with Weaving Coops and Coffee Plantations
- The most popular things to do in Santa Cruz La Laguna with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Santa Cruz La Laguna on Tripadvisor