What travellers are saying
- Always amazed by the beauty of the park. We visit regularly as we moved near the park for retirement. Will never get bored of the beauty of nature. Best times for viewing are early(and I mean early!) and after 4 pm. Open your eyes and enjoy...Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mxolisi was the most patient and funny tour guide we learnt so much and had an awesome time there. So much to see and great for kids !Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A truly perfect organization, very pertinent advice, great responsiveness to all requests, and a top-notch, attentive guide !!!
Perfect conditions for a memorable safari !Written 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Like many others, first major travel since 2019/2020 and there was a fair amount of trepidation going into this. A few false starts from home - it was difficult to find current information after the past 2 years. Online reviews were years old and a couple of the agents we contacted didn't seem interested in assisting us with an itinerary -- until we got in touch with Wild Journeys.
I expected to leave a message and didn't hold out much hope for a callback but Jill answered the phone, put us through to Carl and we had a great first conversation!
Thank you Carl, Jill!!! What a great way to start travelling again!!!
From our first conversation covering what we wanted to see, where we wanted to go, Carl's itinerary covered our want list and more. We got history, glamping, big 5, delicious food, met with wonderful people and received amazing support from home when we needed it - (got caught in the Cape Town storm of the century. Was totally surprised to have Carl contact us to see if we were okay because he saw that roads - N1, N2 - were closed. I can't describe the feeling knowing that someone was looking out for us); forgot our camera at one of our safaris... Yes, Carl got it to us before we flew out.
Home now, just under 2 weeks and we're ready to go again (actually, mom wasn't ready to come home!).
Only feature missing was Carl as our guide (previous reviews, he was the guide) but the local guides he arranged for us were very good.Written 18 October 2023
- Four of us (3 x 60 ish and 1 x 86 year old) for a first time trip to the Kruger and Sabi Sand. Lawsons made all the arrangements for us and booked our amazing guide Nic. We started with a night at Blyde Canyon, then 5 nights in 3 rest camps at Kruger then 3 nights at Idube. Collected and dropped at Nelspruit airport. We were taken care of so very well and it was an honour to be guided by somebody with Nic’s expertise. Lawsons communicated well throughout the booking process and their attention to detail enabled me to relax completely and enjoy the experience. I believe this trip was very good value for money for the standard of the trip and I look forward to booking with Lawsons again. Thank you.Written 6 November 2023
- Mornay was a knowledgable tour guide who took good care of me and my partner while we visited Kruger National Park. Mornay was himself passionate about wildlife and he shared voraciously about his knowledge of the animals we encountered as we drove through the safari. He knew instinctively how to approach animals safely and he successfully got us up close to see and hear a large male elephant! Beyond the wildlife, his general knowledge of South Africa also gave us a good glimpse of the local way of life. He also introduced us to fresh Biltong, which my partner and I fell in love with instantaneously. What a great snack to have while enjoying the safari!Written 23 May 2020
- I took my boyfriend to Dakota Ranch for his birthday and we both had the best time. The guides are super sociable, kind and funny. The horses are gorgeous and the whole place has real character.Written 3 June 2022