- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- This is a enormous place for conventions, shows, even for concerts and others. Is a little bit expensive, but is worth it. Access and leaving is complicated, but at the same time easy. You can enjoy a good light show and statues from local architect Jiménez Deredia. Highly recommended to go for a convention or even make one.Written 3 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Where ever I travel, I always peek into a library to observe how people interact with access to information in public spaces and found myself here. There were folks reading books in the reading room, on the computers and a very friendly librarian at the reference desk ready to answer questions. Love they still have card catalogs as well as an online catalog with digital resources. There was an interesting art exhibit on display and an exhibit on the history of the library downstairs. Hopefully they will be able to get some additional funding to digitize some of the historical newspapers and journals archived at this location as well.Written 18 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The signage says that it is an American Express Lounge but beware that only platinum American Express cards Issued in Latin America are honored. If your card was issued in the United States you will be denied entry unless you have a priority pass membership. The entry into the club was slow because their staff must take time to explain to North American card holders why they are being denied entry. This is really a problem and a surprise to those who do not have a priority card membership. Perhaps American Express Platinum should advise their card holders of this policy. I witnessed some pretty upset travelers that were turned away.Written 20 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about San Jose
- These places are best for traveller resources in San Jose:
- Centro de Convenciones de Costa Rica
- Biblioteca Nacional Miguel Obregon Lizano
- Amex Vip Lounge Juan Santamaria Airport