- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 105
What travellers are saying
- New market is full of various apparels for different seasons. It is a must visit marketing place in Kolkata.Written 22 November 2021
- Situated right on the main road near Park Circus. One of the biggest shopping malls over at Kolkata, West Bengal. As per my opinion this place is a nice shopping arcade where you can find large brands showcasing their products. Fantastic place to visit if you are at Kolkata...Written 9 August 2022
- What an amazing place to walk through !! Marigolds were in abundance throughout the market al ready to be woven into beautiful displays for the forthcoming celebrations on Republic Day. I felt guilty admiring all the flowers and getting in the way of workes going about their business and others trying to deliver chai to the sellers.
A great colourful experience !!Written 22 March 2020
- It's crowded during the weekends. There was literally no place to sit in the food court. There's a huge selection of brands. Got a fat wallet, go ahead & shop to your liking.Written 4 September 2022
- Lovely place to visit you will found many accessories. Clothing fooding ornaments. Will take you through so lavish lifestyleWritten 16 September 2021
- One of the best shopping centres/malls I've visited in the Kolkata area and a place I've visited many times throughout the years whenever I've travelled to Kolkata. Has a relatively good selection of shops (even though a few have shut before and during the pandemic), most of the indoor mall and even the outside corridors are relatively clean and well-maintained (definitely puts New Market in Central Kolkata to shame in my opinion) and covid checks and regulations are followed for the most part. My only issue with this place is that the main food court (think it was called Hangouts) is no longer present anymore, having been replaced by a Burger King and a cafe, which is a real shame in my opinion as that was a place I loved to visit and eat whenever I went with my relatives here and its closure means that there are fewer eating options now, but apart from that, I still love visiting this area and with the new metro line now open, travelling there should be more convenient than before, especially when the full line to Howrah opens.Written 20 April 2022
- IT IS is one of the oldest and finest art societies in the country. near victoria memoriala and st,pauls cathedral It consists of an art gallery and a museum.
The museum on the first floor has a priceless collection of exclusive objects d’art. The items on display include rare paintings by famous artists such as Rabindranath Tagore and Jamini Roy. 6GALLERIES AND AUDITORIUM AND MUSEUM .are here.galeries and auditorium can be rented.
The gallery of Contemporary Art has a good collection of paintings and sculptures from 1900 to present day, that includes Acharya Abanindranath Tagore, Gaganendranath Tagore, Nandalal Bose, Asit Halder, Kshitin Mazumdar, Samar Gupta, Benode Behari Mukherjee, Sarada Ukil, Sudhir Khastagir, Ramkinkar Beij and many others. The Old Textile Gallery has unique collection of Balucharis, Benarasis, Chanba Rumal, Daccai Jamdani, Patola and others. The Balucharis with the names of the master weaver Shri Dubraj and Gostha Karikor are unique. Another important collection of Academy museum is the T. Leslie Martin collection of Carpets that are housed in the Carpet Gallery. The Old Engravings Gallery is rich with the art works of Danielle, Colebricke, Joffany, Atkinson and others. The Contemporary Graphic Art and Line Drawing Gallery houses the works of Jainul Abedin, Nandalal Bose, Ramendranath Chakraborty, Chitta Prasad, Mukul De, Haren Das and others.
no admission fee.
(vote if helpful thumbs up near review)Written 1 February 2020
- I have been here multiple times since 1996. The place has a wide variety of shops and a few places to grab a small bite, and coffee or tea.
The best aspect of this place is the shops carry sizes for tall women. And there are tailors on site that alter garments adequately and affordably.
Watch the sizes, there is poor quality control so either try on the garment, take a measuring tape or a garment that fits so you can be sure of the size.
I take a 44 in salwar pants and have found a pair every trip.
Seams usually aren't serged so I will run a serging or zigzag stitch along the seams after I bring them home.
Great place for handloom saris.
Bathrooms fair. It was a little disturbing to see the window was not completely shielded. See photos. No soap for handwashing so bring some wipes or sanitizer.
I could spend hours here. To do serious shopping, allow at least 3 hours.Written 11 November 2022
- A good place to hang out at especially if you’re early on the way to the airport.
There’s lots to shop, and it has a few good eating places too.
Or simply have a coffee while there.Written 28 November 2022
- Nice experience with good ambience the cleaning is very nice and proper sanitization. Good place to hangout with friends and family.Written 2 December 2021
- This is a good mall in belur. There are variety of stores like spencer's, khadims, relience trands etc.Written 30 December 2018
- Lot of Branded shop under one roof ,surrounded by good number of restaurants. I t was a blessing for the people who live in North .
One can call it as Paradise of Hub.Written 14 June 2021
- This market, situated in north kolkata, has a good variety of things. The rates are cheap, but bargaining is required.Written 9 October 2017
- As titled, big bazar is the best place buying for groceries and household in this mall.
Other than this, relaince digital, a wide variety in food court and cinepolis is good.
Other than that shops are not that good. They dont have much to offer.
Dont forget to check out local market on the ground floor of mall also.Written 17 May 2020
- Axis mall is in the New Kolkatta area. Only attraction in the Mall is spencers showroom and Snow Park. But overall hygiene and maintenance needs to be improved.Written 21 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)
- These experiences are best for shopping in Kolkata (Calcutta):
- Discover Kantha Stitch Painting In Kolkata With Lunch
- Discover Kantha Stitch Painting In Kolkata
- Kolkata Market Half Day Tour
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Kolkata (Calcutta):See more shopping for couples in Kolkata (Calcutta) on Tripadvisor