Points of Interest & Landmarks • Lighthouses
Showing results 1-30 of 96
What travellers are saying
- wow wow wow so nice place so clean ans so comfortable feel like ahome i really love this place ....Written 30 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I came for my honeymoon, and it was perfect fun day for everyone. It is my first ever snow experience and it was perfect. Loved every part of it.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good clean beach and awesome good road side Foods. Must try Fish fry. Good atmosphere. Must go with friendsWritten 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely and one the longest beaches in chennai clean and neat. Have to walk to reach the waters water games are nice 👍Written 5 August 2023
- San Thome Basilica in Chennai is a revered religious site, showcasing impressive neo-Gothic architecture. Dedicated to St. Thomas, the apostle, it holds historical and spiritual significance.
You will appreciate the serene atmosphere, beautiful stained glass windows, and the tomb of St. Thomas. It's a peaceful place for reflection and a glimpse into the city's Christian heritage.Written 19 November 2023
- Thiruallikeni Parthasarathy Perumal temple Is the oldest structure in Chennai and is also mentioned in the Brahmanda Puranam. It is one of the 108 Divyadesams and Swami Vivekananda, Bharathiyar and many was a devotee of This Perumal.Written 1 December 2023
- One of Chennai’s favourite destinations for Showrooms for fashion, lifestyle, restaurants and entertainment. I have been here a couple of times and it’s one of the first malls that doesn’t up that had branded stores and was a welcome change. Usually it’s crowded with a lot of wandering crowds and window shoppers and friends loitering around for time pass and a few come here fur amusement and entertainment. I visited this place on January the 30th 2023 when we had gone for a Hindi movie.
Dr. Javed RasheedWritten 2 December 2023
- The level for devotion by the devotees is astonishingly breathtaking. We visited early morning, and even at that time the queues had started to building. Despite being expat tourists we opted NOT to get into the fast-track lane and instead, as an act of devoutness, we joined the regular queue. It took us almost 2.5 hours to get from the start to actually seeing and witnessing the Holy Shrine.
I entitled this review... 'your devotion will be tested...' and with good reason as this indeed will be put to the test, we are Brits and that being the case every sinew in our body and all our years of socialising has taught us to queue in an orderly fashion and help others in need of our support...
Unfortunately, this is not the case globally, and it is a case of "everyone for themselves". Be prepared to be jostled, pushed shoved, with queue jumping commonplace, the queue also stalled for period of up to 15 mins . It can be very frustrating, particularly when traveling with young children, however one must never lose sight of the sense of occasion, and demonstrate patience, tolerance and piety. I think that is what got me/us through the queuing experience. Also worth pointing out that the queue spans the length and breath of the temple's rooms, once in the final shrine area the pushing and jostling does get even more intense, we traveled there with my wife and I, and two children aged 10 and 8 years, I held on to my daughter's hand tightly (and wife, my son) and had we a plan incase we misplaced each other. At the actually shrine you literally have 3 to 5 seconds before your are ushered to move-on.
Also worth mentioning that you are categorically not permitted to take recording devices (including mobile phones) into the shrine (your are searched), and have to check them into a cloakroom area beforehand... best advice, on the day of your visit best to leave everything at the hotel, or you'll have to queue again.
The whole experience was certainly spiritual, moreover visiting the Sai Baba temple is a reflection of ones own emotions and sensibilities and trying to be the best version of ourselves!Written 21 March 2023
- Nice places to visit hindu temples, jain temple, santhome church, beach, luz shopping area, mami mess, rayar cafe ,You have nearly ancient temples in Mylapore. Let me list out
Kapaleeswarer, valleeswarer.apparsamy, kesavaperumal, madhavaperumal, valeswsrar(sukra), saibaba, mundagakammi amman, veerabadra temple, hanuam temple,Written 8 June 2023
- Vadapalani Andavar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Muruga. It is located in Vadapalani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is around 25 kms from Tambaram. The Moolavar (main deity) resembles the Palani temple idol and is in standing position.The temple courtyard houses several Sannidhis including that of Varasiddhi Vinayaka, Chokkanathar, Meenakshi Amman, Kali, Bhairava, Shanmuga with Valli and Deivanai. Some Divine Events have been described beautifully on the walls.The temple tank is in front of the temple.Only in this temple, one can see Murugan wearing footwear, a symbol that denotes shedding of arrogance. He is seen in a standing pose with his left foot forward to indicate he is in a rush to help his devotees.Written 15 January 2023
- Small but beautiful and historically significant temple to commemorate Ramakrishna. Located in the heart of Mylapore, close to other sites such as Santhome Church and Kapaleeshwarar Temple.Written 10 February 2023
- We went to vgp.the fishes were amazingly and there were variety of fishes. It’s nice place to spend timeWritten 22 November 2023
- It is a good place for family and kids.kids will enjoy the maximum rides.one of the best amusement park.Written 1 September 2020
- This temple is located in Calm and clean place. The Bhaktha Anjaneya temple at Nanganallur in Chennai is known for bestowing better health to the devotees. The idol of the central image is 32 feet in height making it one of its own kind.Sri Rama, Sri Lakshmana and Seetha with Sri Anjaneyar, Sri Vinayagar, Sri Raghavendra and Sri Krishna with his consorts Bhama and Rukmini are also here. Prasadam is provided. You may reach by bus(on particular timings), trains, autos or cars from airport quickly. You can contribute to the construction of the Golden Chariot, which will also be funded by the Tamil Nadu government. You could also try, Many restaurants,shops in Nanganallur are providing good quality products (delicious vegetarian foods, traditional sweets, coffee, and handicraft items).Written 16 January 2023
- Today me and my friend came to swammy temple very comfortable place to pray its very elegant so niceWritten 26 November 2023