- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
32 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 32
What travellers are saying
- Awesome place to visit. Entered the marine world with no expectations, exited with so much nice memories. You get to forget rest of the world when you are here. Lots of fish varieties. Most of which are a surprise to watch. You can spend atleast 3 hrs here peacefully. They have a good court and a popcorn stall too. Those who want to spend half a day outside city life, pls try visiting here once.
The day we visited, we had a long queue in all counters for the tickets. But I booked online in a minute and entered the premises without wasting time. Sometimes they give offer while we book online too.
Take kids and have fun.Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A vast expanse of green, Guindy National Park is a one-of-a-kind park in Chennai, which is home to many species of animals and birds. A perfect location for a picnic with family and friends, the park offers a variety of amusement for kids including slides and swings. Have a look at the green side of Chennai with the biggest diversity of plants in the city.
It is located about 9 kms from Chennai Central Railway Station and houses a wide of variety of birds and animals including peacocks, swans, cranes, flamingos, owls, bears, and a whole lot of monkeys and langurs.
The entry fee is reasonably low and the paths inside are wheelchair friendlyWritten 31 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Talking about Besant Nagar Beach it is the chennai biggest and crowded beach of the state. The beach is very good and every year people from country and outside tourist comes to this beach to have fun with family and friends. The travel convince to the beach is very good and once can easily reach there. The accommodation and hotel and also present and nearby to the beach area and once can easily find a hotel in their budget. The local sightseeing is done with the help of local guides and individuals. Talking about the safety the safety measures are quite good developed at that area.Written 31 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a beautiful park with a lake. People come here in mornings and evenings for walking, jogging and running. The park atmosphere is peaceful to sit down with a cup of hot coffee and read books. Family picnics can be organized. The best part is it is bang in the middle of the city.Written 23 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great beach located in Chennai. When compared to Marina beach, this one is decent and neat. However this is not big as much as Marina.
Shops are available for snacks, chit-chats.Written 5 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This place comes alive at night! Lots of food stalls line the promenade. Locals and tourists enjoying the cool breeze off the sea. The light house is at the very southern end. There is also a Chennai Beach photo spot.Written 18 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We enjoyed the boating a lot. It could be a relaxation spot to get rlieved from the hustle and bustle of the city life.
Time of Visit: October 2018Written 3 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- One is the best Zoo in India.
There are many things to say about this Zoo.
1. This Zoo has a huge range of animals in it.
2. The area is very huge, needs atleast an entire day to view all the animals, it's best to take a cycle, Elders and children can use the battery car service, others can walk if they want/can.
3. 90rs. per adult, 50rs per child and mandatory to buy tickets for mobile 25rs per mobile.
4. Outside food strictly are allowed only in stainless boxes and reusable plastics, but not in use and throw containers.
5. The Zoo has a restaurant inside.
6. There is also a milk and an icecream parlour inside.
7. Car parking availableWritten 31 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- First things first, you cant go to the beach only. You have to buy a ticket to the Theme park and it includes beach too. Going to beach only (without the Theme park) is NOT allowed.
-- Beach is good and is better than public beaches as its a private beach
-- Theme park has got many dry rides and wet rides(water based rides)
-- I thought Food is little bit expensive, considering that Theme park ticket is high.
Tip: Go to the Theme park early in the morning, cover the dry rides before afternoon, have lunch and relax in the shade and in the evening after 4 pm you can go for water rides.
-- For water rides you need to wear their uniform/water clothes. I heard that they won't allow your own Nylon/Lycra clothes.Written 13 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- the Banyan Tree is about a 2 kilometer walk from the two gates of the Theosophical Society campus' Main Gate and the Green Gate... within in the area is the Blavatsky Hall for conferences n meetings as well as the Leadbeater Chambers (for visiting TS members).... a big campus with some 8 other temples, churches n over a hundred structures that can house the Society's year end conventions attended by TS members from about 30 countries around the world...Written 19 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A good place to come and spend some time with friends and family in the sun. It is a bit difficult to get entry to see the various animals and the entire complex is a bit untidy. However, the exhibits are nice to see for both adults and kids.Written 23 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- very close to my office so i never missed the just just to in ... greenish areas such a awesome for jogging walking and skating⛷️ ! best spot to hangout with children as well as adults the main attraction in the tower🗼Written 4 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Clean beach with lesser people around. Quite calm and soothing .. perfect to visit with friends and as a couple .. perfect place for relaxing.Written 20 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- #Unbalamadugufalls situated at the boarder of andhra and Tamilnadu, 20 kmts from Tada. This is also called Tada falls.
Sign boards are placed from Varadaiahpalem till forest entrance gate to Basecamp. Vehicles will be checked at main entrance and its no plastic zone however neither security nor some of the public doesn’t care. Eventually some of the places at falls are reflection of it.
Car entrance fee is 200 and for bike 50, minibus around 500. Individual entrance ticket is 20 rupees and some additional charges for Camera as well.
From forest main entrance, you are allowed to drive till base camp where parking area, restrooms and small hotel for snacks available. There is a watch tower in between to have a look at the beauty of surroundings.
From base camp, Trek starts along side of water stream. At starting point, there will be metal bridge to cross the water as depth will be there. After walking about 15 mins, will be reaching a check dam. Water storage upto 3 ft and this is suitable for all sort of crowd even you do not know swimming. When you move far, it may be deep, need to be cautious. Water was clear as i have travelled in the morning around 9 am, as and when it gets crowded, it gets dirty. This area is huge with lot of seating arrangements and to spend time. From there you will pass through lot of small and medium ponds along the water stream. Water is crystal clear, you can even consider for drinking. We will get to cross multiple places and you decide where to take a dip! As we move forward towards the fall, way becomes rocky and narrow. Last 100 to 200 mts of way is completely rocks, need to move from one to another, climb and so on. Hence, if you travel with elderly or kids, suggested to park your self somewhere in middle and not to go till the fall, unless they too adventurous 😊
Expected good water levels during monsoon, winter also better(i went in January).
Overall trek time is 4 hours up and down, 4.15 kmts with 138 meters elevation.
This place is safe and can travel with you friends, family except the washrooms facility available only at parking area/basecamp. Carry your own food or get it parcelled from Varadaiahpalem. There is a small canteen at parking area as well and I have seen a board that they do supply meals on request.
Transportation- prefer own (Car/Bike/Minivan ) Based on requirement. Public transportation Tada to Varadaiahpalem or Srikalahasti to Varadaiahpalem. From Varadaiahpalem appx about 13 kmts (30 mins drive due bad roads) need to hire a auto.
Suggestion: Please do not carry any plastic, even you do, pls bring it back. Its our responsibility to keep these places clean and save nature. Without our cooperation, it makes impossible for government to make it happen.Written 20 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A pleasant morning trip. Could see people trying hands on surf boards, kayaking, fishing etc. The striking thing we experienced is the clean sea- we could see the mollusks floating in and out for each wave ! Close to the Taj Fishermans cove, a good place to spend time with family. I feel morning will be light on crowd.Written 2 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chennai (Madras)
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Chennai (Madras):
- 8 days Motorcycle tour from Chennai to Coromandel Coast on Royal Enfield
- Chennai, Curated Birding and Birding Photo Walk
- Visit to Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary from Chennai
- One day private tour of tajmahal from Chennai including car,entrances,meal
- Mahabalipuram Temple and Beach Day Tour from Chennai
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for nature & parks in Chennai (Madras):See more nature & parks for adrenaline seekers in Chennai (Madras) on Tripadvisor