Speciality Museums • Children's Museums
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- Well located place in the city. Family time in this Museum would be a refreshing one? Also, would like to suggest that more varieties of snacks and ice creams can be included in the Food Court.Written 21 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are plenty of things to see. Very rich in historical items. Probably minimum half a day require to get to know all.
Things could organized better way to give much awareness to the visitors. And other facilities also.Written 14 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is located in the Fort St. George which is the office of the Tamil Nadu govt. There are a lot of excellent paintings connected to the British times which is worth seeing.
The place could have been been maintained much better if the TN govt takes some interest and promote it.Written 18 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the historical buildings of Chennai, this place is opposite Marina Beach and easily accessible by public transport. Earlier known as Ice House, the building houses a museum which offers glimpses of Indian history, culture and the life of Swami Vivekananda., who had stayed in this place for a few days. There is a short 3D movie on Swami Vivekananda's speech at the Parliament of Religions in Chicago Entry tickets cost Rs.20/- each and car parking is available. Highly recommended for all visitors to the cityWritten 6 March 2022
- Bharathiar lived here in triplicane for a period of one year during 1926.. He is poet who have created magic in the minds of people about women liberation , children songs , nature lover, and has learned Sanskrit in Varanasi ..
He is one of tamil poet whose life is started from a village called ettayapuram .
He is seen as threat to British for his songs that was played and sung by people on stage plays in all over tamilnadu..
The house has lots of collections, his own hand written script , and his life apart from room where he lived where clearly portrayed..Written 23 November 2018
- It was really nice to see famous personalities like cricketers, cine stars and Mother Therisa and many more. You feel as if they are alive and standing in front of you. The sculptures are really awesome and must see. You can also take selfies with these famous personalities and overall it's a fun experience. Children will especially love.Written 11 November 2019
- Not just the vintage cameras!
You'll get to know that there's lot of effort has been made for decades so that we r able to use sophisticated cameras nowadays which r handy!!Written 17 February 2020
- Official residence of Dr MGR,it houses various articles used by the legend.Awards, trophies, official car his office room etc.Unfortunately inside photography prohibited,but outside no restrictions for photos.Before visit, one can Google the photos for more clarity.Written 20 March 2019
- Situated in the VGP snow kingdom, here displayed is around 12 statues made of silicon, which looks very original. Good for kids and everyone.Written 30 August 2018
- One of the interesting and great museums in Chennai. This is situated in the Kalashetra Campus. Rukmini Devi is the founder of the Kalakshetra and hence this Museum is dedicated to her.Written 30 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Chennai (Madras)
- These are the best places for kid-friendly speciality museums in Chennai (Madras):See more speciality museums for children in Chennai (Madras) on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Chennai (Madras):See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Chennai (Madras) on Tripadvisor