Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- For stunning views of the Broken Bridge a high sea facing room at the Lela Palace Hotel offers unrestricted views - fascinating. It traverses the Adyar Estuary and was built in 1967 to fall down due to strong currents ten years later in 1977. It was built for fishermen to facilitate access across the river. Good views of the sea from the bridge but we were advised not to go down late at night as it could be dangerous as there is little lighting or road access.Written 9 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The bridge view is superb with the river flowing full and surroundings maintained very well. Nice and superb viewWritten 2 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Anna flyover was popular until two decades back. In the last two decades several big fly overs have come up in Chennai city.
Anna Flyover is also known as Gemini Flyover. It is one of the first flyover built in the country after the fly overs built at Kemps Corner and Marine Drive in Mumbai. It was the longest flyover in the country when it was built.
Its main purpose is to allow traffic movement on Mount Road (now renamed as Anna Salai) near Nungambakkam High Road to continue un-hindered by the cross road traffic. The presence of the Gemini Cinema Studios, which was demolished later, resulted in the flyover coming to be known as Gemini Flyover.
It was an attraction in olden days but nowadays no.Written 17 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The bridge is famous for the sculptors on its pillars which are great artistic work.. Although the bridge is not operational , it still stands as a very good landmarkWritten 30 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Chennai (Madras)
- These places are best for bridges in Chennai (Madras):See more bridges in Chennai (Madras) on Tripadvisor