Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
Showing results 1-30 of 401
What travellers are saying
- This was one of my favorite places to visit in India. The architecture was beautiful and there was so much to see at the palace/fort.Written 7 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very interesting. We had a very knowledgeable guide which was helpful. Very hot day and very busy. Spent about 40 minutes looking around which was about enough time. Worth a visit to see how time was told in the past.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even a short visit is worthwhile, I think. Parking is the biggest hassle- our bus went before 8.30, so as to park nearby, as it's a regular street otherwise, so limited parking spots.
It's the beauty of the building that makes it worth seeing. Learn its history, and appreciate the viewing. It's stunning.Written 6 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Sheesh Mahal is within the complex of Amer Fort, this is a beautiful piece of art. Unfortunately it is closed now and you can now see it from outside.Written 8 November 2023
- Beautiful temple. No photos allowed inside, but the outside was amazing. So many decoration choices from multiple religions.Written 7 December 2023
- Had such a wonderful time with the Elephants. They were extremely sweet and kind. I had the chance to feed them, paint them (with non-toxic paint), bathe, scrub, and walk them. It is clear these animals are treated well and the staff makes sure you have a wonderful experience!Written 14 November 2023
- It was great to be here,up close with the elephants.
Aftab had everything planned to a T.Painting, walking, feeding and riding on the well kept elephant is life time of an experience.
Elephants here are taken care of well.Aftab is very proactive and coordinates the activity well.
He knows the city very well and shares lots of good information such as what to eat and where.He helped us book Lion and Panther safari at the very last minute, something that everyone else told us that it can't be done.
Surely going back to this place when I am in the city next.Written 8 December 2023
- Amazing and humbling experience with the elephant. The people were very welcoming. It’s also great to know that the elephants are properly cared for and only engage in activities that are non- damaging to them
In any way.Written 4 December 2023
- I was after a piece of artwork with a traditional Rajasthani style and found the Mukesh art gallery online.
The gallery is in a residential area and easily reached. The external appearance is of a residence but inside is an extensive den or art and knock knacks set over five large floors. The range is from the kitchen to religious to iconography, traditional to modern with a distinctly Indian slant. There is something for every taste and every price point.
Go with the idea to spend an hour or two browsing with the knowledgeable staff. Be aware that if you are just browsing, there is an entry charge of Rs500 per person which is waived if you buy something. All purchases also incur a goods and service tax in the region of 15%.
I purchased a piece based on a traditional scene for a friend and he absolutely loved it and it now occupies pride of place in his home. An excellent find and worth a couple of hours visit.Written 7 December 2023
- The fort has a good history , a guide can tell better about it. The fort is home to the biggest cannon which is put in display. The fort also has some exhibits of some of the weapons and items from the past.Written 8 November 2023
- Having much historical importance the fort has sweeping views of the city with Shish Mahal and Wax Museum nearby. ,It was not so crowded. Complete with cannon and gunports, it is covered with forest and home of many wild animals.Written 4 April 2023
- We bought many things from this shop for all family like salwar suits and children's wear and Jaipuri quilts bedsheets etcWritten 1 November 2023
- The Albert Hall building is worth a visit - or at least a slow drive by if in Jaipur. It is a mix of colonial British and Indian architecture and quite a sight. The museum itself is an ecletic mix of carpet, textiles, pottery, sculpture, paintings and weapons. Many are Indian in origin, but there is also a fair amount of European and Asian. The very finely painted works (using a single hair strand) were the highlight for me. The galleries are relatively small and the whole museum can be done inside 2 hours at most - and you can easily skip areas if you want to.Written 17 April 2023
- Absolutely loved the experience! Definitely a once in a lifetime event and very memorable. I went as a solo female traveler and felt safe the entire time and Mudassir took extremely good care of me. Transportation was arranged and it was a very well priced. I especially loved the opportunity to paint the elephant Shanti for a wedding that same evening. Mudassir was very informative about the elephants and I learned a lot. They took good care of the elephants and I enjoyed being able to go for an elephant ride as well as feed the elephant. Overall, I highly recommend the experience!Written 27 November 2023
- Blissful place. Join aarati if you want to experience spiritual power of the place. Beautiful idols and passionate devotees.Written 21 October 2023