- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- The Albert Hall building is worth a visit - or at least a slow drive by if in Jaipur. It is a mix of colonial British and Indian architecture and quite a sight. The museum itself is an ecletic mix of carpet, textiles, pottery, sculpture, paintings and weapons. Many are Indian in origin, but there is also a fair amount of European and Asian. The very finely painted works (using a single hair strand) were the highlight for me. The galleries are relatively small and the whole museum can be done inside 2 hours at most - and you can easily skip areas if you want to.Written 17 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Do not miss this beautiful and important museum, which lovingly depicts local artists and artistry. Demonstrations and exhibits are great for kids and adults alikeWritten 17 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Recently visited for the second time. Very good group exhibition spread over a few rooms and a solo exhibition in others. Got to meet one of the artists and observe another doing some work. Great to see such a fantastic space for local artists to show their work.
Food looked good at the cafe. There was also a performance in the amphitheatre.
Highly recommend a visit for anyone interested in the arts.Written 13 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unlike other wax museums that mostly propogate film celebrities structures, Jaipur Wax Museum was a delightful change! Wax Structures of inspiring lives from history, politics, sports, culture and science decorate the #jaipurwaxmuseum.Written 16 February 2021
- Museum is having very antique things. Staff there having good behavior with guest. Cleaning is little bit more required there.Written 10 September 2020
- Superb collection with Antique jewellery too. We enjoy alot the collection is so great must visit if you are in jaipur. If you have any curiosity must ask +919413135265Written 19 December 2021
- This is the only place in the city which can be called the best collection of the sea shells ,corals and the other treasures of the sea . Housed in the pretty home on a well known locality it is spread over the 2 stories of pretty collection . The pain sticking up keep in the dry climate can be so challenging but for the love of it . The ticket is Rs 50/- for Adults . Please check the timings before going there . I found out the it closing time is 5 pm . Thursday is holiday . A very pleasing collection for all those who who love the shell .There is no elevators . People with knee problem will find the staircase challenge for upper floor .Written 26 April 2023
- Such a beautiful collection with a guided audio tour that teaches you so much about India’s history and culture through the medium of jewellery and craftsmanship.
The guards are so friendly and full of knowledge about the place!
Really would recommend to anyone visiting the city.Written 1 September 2023
- This is a small hidden gem, located midway between Birla Mandir and Albert hall museum (on the right side as you walk). Local people also know this by name of “Gudiyaghar”. It is part of a school, and easy to miss. There is a small board painted on the wall. Very nice collection and Most of the local people are not aware of this. The ticket cost 10 Rs.
Nice collection of dolls from all over the world. Worth a visit.Written 11 August 2022
- It was a wonderful experience. A great initiative taken up by JVF to promote and conserve traditional arts. Loved it.Written 18 July 2019
- All the statues, paintings and local books collection is marvelous. Do visit Src Museum of Indology it will be a great experience. I loved the brass tea pots.Written 31 October 2016
- I went with my family... And it's was an awesome experience... If you are opting for a budget stay this hotel is the best...Written 16 January 2019
- My husband and I stopped in here during our full day tour of Jaipur and were blown away by how beautiful and shimmery the space was, the amount of detail that went into the design of the shop was astounding. We were able to learn about the gemstone cutting and jewelry making processes and I thought it was very unique, unexpected, and interesting after seeing so many palaces and forts. I loved how different this experience was! I found a dainty emerald ring that I really liked but it was about $500 so I passed, as we were not prepared to be spending big bucks on the fly. It was worth going anyway and having the private tour, as we got to see and hold gems in their raw, natural form, learn about the zodiac signs and coordinating stones, and look around the gorgeous jewelry store that was covered in gems and beautiful painted details. If you’re looking to buy jewelry in Jaipur and are prepared to spend some money I would recommend doing it here. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.Written 21 October 2018
- Please avoid going there, it is just a advertising centre of a jewellery company, although they give us a immense knowlege of pearls and diamonds, but for a traveller, it is not needed. Also,it is not free, I would recommend to skip this place.Written 31 March 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Jaipur
- These are the best places for groups seeking speciality museums in Jaipur:See more speciality museums for groups in Jaipur on Tripadvisor