I have been to Water Kingdom many times from school and as a kid and its so much fun even now. Almost 20 years later, back to the same place, with kids and their parents – the place is the same. The whole experience was a lot of fun and we enjoyed all the rides and the wave pool particularly. There are adult, kid and family rides, so go with a group to enjoy everything.
From the entrance, to the left is Amazonia – with adult rides followed by Wetlantic in the centre for everyone. To the right of this is The Lagoon for kids and Mississippi Hill (adult rides) with a small gliding slide for kids. At the back of the Wetlantic is the lazy river along with Goofers Lagoon for kids.
There are lots of dining options with some good and not so good food options. We had lunch at Food Wharf where the Thali and dosas were good. The pav bhaji and Bhature of Chole Bhature was okay. Stay hydrated and there are lots of water coolers to fill water from and washrooms at various junctures within the place. Also, do try the fish pedicure. It was my 1st experience and was really nice at the end of the day.
Things to avoid:
1. The rain dance place is really bad, with no lighting and smell with very less water
2. Some slides need maintenance and are a bit worn out
3. Avoid vacations and Sundays, very crowded and the water gets dirty very easily
4. Also, with crowds waiting time is 30mins for each ride, so you spend a lot of time waiting
1. Go early by the time the park opens to get the best of the rides. Takes 1-1.5 hours to reach there via Ferry+tickets+Changing, so plan accordingly
2. Board ferry from Marve or Gorai. Its Rs. 70-100 pp
3. The passport option (2 trips to Water Kingdom + 1 to Bird Park) @ 1,500/- per annum is better that 1 trip @ 1,250 for Adults and 875 for kids
4. Book directly there, its seamless and better
5. Outside food is not allowed, even biscuits. Carry your steel bottle for water if required
6. Try to do the rides at the onset so that after lunch you can laze in Wetlantic or lazy river
7. Carry sunscreen, coconut oil, towels, change of clothes
8. Wear Nylon or polyester clothes
9. You can buy clothes, floats and other accessories at shops there
10. Before entering the rides oil yourself up with coconut oil as the chlorine water can darken your skin after being in it for whole day
11. The lockers are big enough for one 4-member family’s clothes @ 200per locker
12. Carry waterproof ziplock for phones, credit card and money
13. Do the fish pedicure at the end of the day (@100 pp for 15 mins)
14. With children, have a couple of adults take care of them at the slides and Wetlantic and others can go and enjoy the adult ride. Hence, go with a group for sure