Nature & Wildlife Areas • Parks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Went for a morning walk lawns are green loved seeing lots of rabbits in a enclosure and deer in another enclosure sharing few picsWritten 29 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are looking for a place in Delhi to get some exercise without the noise and pollution then this is a good spot. Less pollution and no cars.
You are likely to come lots of dogs (mostly friendly) puppies, Indian blue bull (antelope) they won’t bother you if you don’t bother them! Lots of birds and squirrels. Overall it’s a peaceful place to run. Can get very busy over the weekends. It seems to also make a good place for family picnics!Written 24 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice place to visit for a day for people around Delhi. It's open from Tuesday to Sunday. Monday closed, though most of the site says Sunday closed, which could be some old update. Ticket price is Rs.500/- which is bit steep and they can plan around 200/- to get more visitors to see the place. It's a great off road experience and one needs to travel on a better ground clearance vehicle. Ita a 15 KM stretch and one can see lots of peacock, Fox, Deers and many other animal species. The department can plan to have some tea stalls with some snacks for some refreshments. The last point is Neeli Jheel which has a nice view, but Monkeys creates a havoc and one needs to carry a stick to keep them away, but they shall spoil your car for food. One should be careful by not carrying any stuff outside as the monkeys can trouble you. Overall a nice place to visit and one can spend around 3-4 hours for a nice holiday to spend. Need more promotion about the place and I am sure, the place shall have lot to offer soon.Written 26 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Butterfly Park is at the entrance of Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary. You can buy a ticket just to visit the Butterfly Park, without having to buy a ticket for the Sanctuary. The ticket (which cost us, two adults and a child, Rs 40 in all, including the camera fee) can be bought at the ticket counter just inside the gate of the sanctuary. This ticket also entitles you to go down the 2 km nature trail next door, the Neem Talav Bicycle Trail. Just near the ticket counter is a small food stall where you can buy soft drinks, tea, and packaged snacks. The toilets are nearby (the ladies’ toilet was surprisingly clean when we visited).
The Butterfly Park spreads over a large area, crisscrossed by paths, with plenty of trees, wildflowers, and cultivated flowers. We visited in spring, when there were a number of dahlias, petunias, pansies and other such flowers, alongside billygoat weed, lantana, and some flowering trees as well.
There are signs here and there explaining butterflies: life cycle, butterfly mimicry, butterflies found at the Butterfly Park, how to set up your own butterfly park, and so on. There’s a small insect house at one end, with various pipes and whatnot, all acting like an apartment complex for various insects. Near it is a fairly large ant hill, and a section of rocks and overgrown greenery, where butterflies (according to a sign) like to rest when not feeding.
We didn’t see too many butterflies. A few plain tiger butterflies, a cabbage butterfly, and perhaps some plain cupids (I’m not sure). As a Butterfly Park, this was rather disappointing. But as a nature area, it was pleasant enough.Written 1 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about New Delhi
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in New Delhi:
- Delhi, Agra, Jaipur & Ranthambhore Tiger Safari Reserve 5-Day Tour
- 5 Nights / 6 Days - Delhi Agra Haridwar Rishikesh Tour
- Private tour - 03 days Ranthambore wildlife safari tour from Delhi
- 6 days Golden triangle Tour with Jodhpur & Udaipur
- Himachal With Golden Temple Tour
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in New Delhi:See more nature & wildlife areas in New Delhi on Tripadvisor