- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- A pretty small shop to buy handicrafts items like caps, bands, earrings, chains etc. Gift for your loved ones.Written 31 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kodaikanal all chocolate shops named chocolate factory. But manna chocolate factorys chocolate good in taste and sales mans are behaved friendly it is located in Anna sreetWritten 15 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Really they have excellent chocolate...good customer service too...have variety of chocolate..spices and tea powders...Written 27 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Shop had unique collection with all price range. Good shop with starting price of 500 onwards. All stuffs were detailed in terms of wool/silk/cotton composition. I bought a stole and loved it.
The owner had a good product knowledge and was a gentleman! Would definitely visit next time.Written 15 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kiki's is an adorable place to visit. Though the name sounds deceptive by saying book shop:). It has more than books and stationery. The little store has all varieties of cheese (Blackpepper, Cream cheese, Camembert, Cheddar, Edam, Feta, Gouda, Montasio, Mozzarella, Parmesan..from Caroselle Dairy) and other brands as well, in addition to Cakes, Cookies, Pasta Sauces, Mayo's, Pure Honey, Spanish Green, Black olives, Breads, Sourdough bread and so on. Mr. Paulraj and his wife Mrs.Gandhimathi were such a warm people, when we visited them. He is a retired finance person and she was a librarian; They sure know how to handle customers. Its a must place to visit and pick up some goodies and food products if you are in Kodai. Great service!
You can reach them on +91 94439 28578 or email@example.com or on FB: Kiki bookshop. They are located at satya complex, PT Road, Seven road junction, Kodaikanal.Written 3 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Good linen and wonderful saleswoman. She was extremely friendly and enthusiastic to show the collection. Lots of variety.Written 12 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- For those who love handicrafts, this is really a good shop. You can buy many items like statues, artifacts, fancy stone jewels etc. A nice shop.Written 31 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Located close to dolphins nose- it’s rewarding after a good trek to have their bakes coffee/ tea or for the health conscious - nuts and dry fruits. Set overlooking the hills one feels you are floating in the sky sipping coffee!
The nuts and spices on sale are truly the best I can buy in Kodaikanal - sourced from the origin, packaged eco friendly manner and yet attractive. Above all priced on par with market stuff, then why would I buy anywhere else. Highly recommend their stuff for any discerning, health conscious and quality freak connoisseur of foodWritten 12 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- And just when we thought that our holiday was over and we had seen all the places in kodaikanal, a pleasant new year surprise awaited us.
We decided to visit the "Caroselle - The Gourmand's Cheese ", to get a first hand experience of organic, hand made cheese factory. To start with, the place is located in a very silent beautiful location away from the noise and pollution of the main Kodaikanal tourist place.
We decided not to drive through their private motorable road, but walked to the factory, the trek was fun, with birds chirping, monkeys playing, with the background score of flowing water somewhere in the mountains; Truly we felt very close to mother nature!
When we reached, the Master Cheese Maker Hanneke Tubben along with Patti Tower, the Managing Director were waiting with open arms to recieve us. Since we reached late in the evening we did not get to see how the cheese was made, but we sure got to see their collection of ageing cheese in their cellar.
The speciality of the cheese is that it is made from the milk of cross bred Friesian-Holsteins cows, that are well taken care by them, at the valley.
Hanneke has her own very special varieties of cheese that are made at Caroselle viz. Montasio, Parmesan, Camembert, Gouda, Edams, Cheddar and the Feta.
A little history about the place, Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet founded the Aeon Centre of Cosmology at Kodaikanal. She inspired and encourged Hanekke and together they started Caroselle. Hanekke starts her day at 5am and does not stop till evening. They do not use any machines or hi-technology to make their cheese. They are all organic and hand made, including the cutting and packing.
Caroselle has conducted tours and cheese tasting for guests. If you are on such a tour, never miss The Aeon Center of Cosmology house where they have displayed some of the exhibition materials of their mentor Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet, who passed away in 2016.
Many 5 star hotels, niche/speciality stores across India use and as well as sell Caroselle cheese. But nothing like being there, experiencing the place and tasting the cheese. Any cheese lovers would never want to miss a visit to this place. I would say this is a must visit place in Kodaikanal.
My heartfelt thank you to Patti and Hanneke for your time in showing us the place, explaining the process and the warmth you showered on us!
If you intend to visit this place, here are the details: Office #: +91 90475 67730, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also locate them using google map. They are located at Pethuparai, via Perumal Malai on Palani Road, Kodaikanal.
Note: The Cellar is a restricted area and strictly restricted to general public and everyone. Entry is at the discretion of / and approval by Caroselle Management.
Written 11 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.