- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- My family enjoyed the cable cars. We had to queue for about an hour. Not a problem as the cars are very popular. Takes around 14 minutes to reach the other side. Most people rejoined the queue and made the regurn trip. Well worth it.Written 3 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I used to travel to Nizhniy in the past by night trains. It was cumbersome, you leave late from Moscow and arrive at the dawn in Nizhniy without getting much time to sleep. This time I took the Strizh train. The travel time is around 4 hours. Very convenient. The cars were manufactured in Spain, they are narrow-bodied. but the speed is higher than in Lastochka wide-bodied train. In Strizh you get two by two seating. Between each pair of seats there is a power outlet. In each car there is a water cooler. I brought my own cup and tea bags, so I did make for myself a number of cups of tea. And I was charging my smartphone during the ride.Written 8 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- used it while visiting the city. Worked very well and was punctual, clean and affordable. For us, we were there for the game - England v Panama so it was free on match day.Written 30 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The high-speed Lastochka, like Strizh, travel between Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod (distance of 442 km). The travel time is about 4 hours 15 m; it is 20 min faster on Strizh. Both trains are very punctual. Strizh costs RUB 1936, Lastochka RUB 1490. Both are cheap compared with the cost of European or N. American travel. The seating in Lastochka is 2 and 3, in Strizh 2 and 2. Lastochka is more suitable for suburban traffic than for long distance (it was used during the Winter Olympics in Sochi). It is much easier to get a ticket on Lastochka than on Strizh. Both are a better option to travel from Moscow to N.N. than the plane. Light refreshments can be purchased on board.Written 4 August 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Nizhny Novgorod
- These are the best places for kid-friendly transportation in Nizhny Novgorod:See more transportation for children in Nizhny Novgorod on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Nizhny Novgorod:See more transportation for groups in Nizhny Novgorod on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Nizhny Novgorod:See more budget-friendly transportation in Nizhny Novgorod on Tripadvisor