Top Attractions in Saint-Pierre
What travellers are saying
- 2 hours of discovery. The guide is explaining with humor everything about history, plants… we went with kids and the explanation (in English) was great !
At the end try the coffee !!!!Written 17 April 2022
- A not to be missed "attraction" in Saint-Pierre, this is an open market.
For visitors from non-Tropical countries this is a good place to see exotic vegetables, fruit and flowers of the unusual kind, to sample and buy local products like honey and preserves and also indulge in a bit of people-watching.
Then there are souvenir shops selling T-shirts and other memorabilia.
I even found a lady selling good quality silver jewellery.
A very good insight to island life.
It is a bit crowded and that is part of the charm! It is safe as well.Written 27 June 2019
- I was born in Réunion Island but never visited the museum and my husband is a fan of everything related to drinks so we decided to go for a visit.
We went for the guided tour which was brilliant, the guide always had a touch of fun by telling a joke from time to time. The visit is short and if you want to learn more, you can read the boards giving a bit of history mainly on rhum but also about Réunion as well.
Not to mention the rhum tasting after the visit, you can taste 2 différents rhum and if the girlfriend/wife doesn't like rhum then you can have hers! :)Written 11 January 2019
- Helpful staff, offering maps and brochures for activities available on the island. Tips were given for beginners’ hikes.Written 2 June 2022
- Tamoul temples in Reunion do not welcome visitors. This temple has a few guided visits so you might get lucky to go inside. Otherwise just walk around it, one can spend quite a while looking at the rich art in the many buildings.Written 18 January 2022
- The custom in Southern part of Asia where the tomb is visited to thank for luck that befell upon someone is also here. Other Southern Asian influence of neglect and not kept pristine also evident.Written 12 February 2021
- Good pilots, they try their best to show you all the important spots of the island.
We felt safe all the time and we enjoyed the flight every minute.Written 6 June 2022
- Benjamin and Remi are so cool and experienced Pilots... It was a lot of fun... Would love to do it again. Its a must do if you go on la reunion island.Written 24 March 2022
- Great time spent with the whole family : 2 adults and 3 teens.
We have been very well welcomed by Guy and his staff. He is really an exceptionnel pilot, very smooth, great explanations all trip along.
Although the weather was not good, Guy accepted exceptinnally (as we were leaving the country the day after) to make a smaller tour.
We will definitely come for the "grandiose" tour !Written 12 August 2022
- amazing place to go canyoning! We loved everything about it. Especially the Jumps and slides are the best, Guillaume the guide was very professional and gave a lot background info. already missing it!Written 26 October 2021
- I took a flight four days after the initially intended trip, as the first one was cancelled due to strong winds. I appreciated that they want to be certain to have safe flying conditions. Upon their recommendation, I did the tour of Cilaos and of the crater. It was absolutely fabulous, even after having been on the island for a month. You are able to take god pictures obscured by glas via an intentional hole. For the experience, the price was fair. I highly recommend doing it!Written 7 September 2018
- The highlight of my reunion experience. I had been in communications with johnny over WhatsApp for a month proceeding my trip to reunion as a gyrocopter ride was on my bucket list. Unfortunately the day that my trip was scheduled for weather did not permit the trip. Johnny managed to reschedule it to later during my trip. Johnny tailored the gyrocopter ride to meet my budget and included the 3 cirques at a discount. The gyrocopter ride was beyond exhillirating. Best aerial adventure I have done. You feel like top gun with sunglasses and earphones. The adventure is slow enough to take awesome pics but exciting that you close to mountain edges. It just got better as adventure proceeded. You could see cilaos, flew through salazie and saw trou de ver waterfalls which was glorious from the air. Mafate from the air was just fantastic. It is the cold from the air and would be advisable to wear a Jersey and jacket. This was just terrific and 5 star experience.Written 22 November 2019
- We’d never been on segways before, but our guide was really helpful at teaching us how to ride them (which is surprisingly easy after a couple minutes of practice). The 2 hour tour was really fun and informative- I’d definitely recommend it if you want some history of Saint Pierre and Réunion in general.Written 6 September 2019
- We booked a 55min helicopter over Reunion Island and absolutely loved it!! This is definitely the best way to see the entire island and absolutely worth the price. The pilot took the time to circle around the highlight spots so that everyone aboard could get a great view. The staff spoke good English so it was easy to make the booking.Written 6 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint-Pierre