Showing results 1-30 of 105
What travellers are saying
- If you don’t like walking uphill then give this one a miss. It’s really pretty and a lovely walk to do but you do have to mind your footing as the slabs aren’t evenly placed.
I’ll say it was pretty busy in places and wasn’t what I expected from the photographs I’ve seen but seeing all the houses built into the hills is lovely and listening to the river rather than the hum of engines is also a nice change.Written 22 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a very beautiful walk - no more than about 2.5 miles in total. Take it slowly and take in the views, the wildlife - butterflies, ducks, egrets, rice heron, cats etc. Talk to people who live there - maybe a fruit seller, or sarong/drinks seller, and your visit will be enhanced. The way back and down into town is a little tricky unless you are nimble and sure-footed and not recommended in wet weather, but it is do-able. The cafe along the way, the Sweet Orange Warung was a treat, with specialised coffees and warm welcome with gorgeous views. It is easy to do this walk without a guide.Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good service and had a nice morning with them. Unfortunately no sunrise view from Mount Batu but that's not their fault! Getting up at 1am was maybe a little too early - it could have been 1 hour later. Staff were great and the drive was safe. I recommend this tour company.Written 8 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A full day tour around ubud and this was by far the best part of our day. We were welcomed in to see beautiful art you won’t find anywhere else. We fell in love with a piece each and couldn’t leave with out it. Beautiful place, people and art. Thank you for having us.Written 18 May 2023
- I highly recommend this studio for ceramic classes. The owner is wonderful and so are her teachers. I learned more in two lessons than my 16 weeks in NYC! It is an amazingly beautiful open studio surrounded in natural beauty.Written 28 December 2022
- our guide was wonderful spending time explaining the whole process and answering any questions, coffee and tea samples were interesting, the coffee is really good and you can taste the difference, but be prepared to pay if you make it your daily drinkWritten 7 March 2020
- We visit the place a couple of weeks ago and bought a lot of coffees and teas from their shop, all sugar free, according the labels. But back home, everything taste so sweet, like it's full of sugar, very disappointed, if that's th case...it's misleading and cheatingWritten 25 January 2020
- My experience at Hars Garden was amazing! On arrival i was greeted by him at the entrance to his Jungle after walking through his organic garden, with his dreadlocks hanging near to the floor and a big healthy organic smile.
Instantly i knew that this was the ideal place for me.
Slowly walking up the steps into my treehouse accommodation trying to take in all the jungle and nature around me.
The treehouse was unreal! So simple so unique! It drops off probably 20m from the balcony into the deep jungle with a river and waterfall at the bottom!
Waking up at 6am with a very slight few strips of sunlight shining through the jungle canopy, it was torrential rain and i had never felt ever before the pure deep form of mother nature like that!
Laying in bed with the large glass windows in front dropping off into the deep wet jungle!
The sounds of running water and birds,frogs,monkeys literally i did not want to leave this moment.
3hours later i finally prized myself out of my trance to start the course.
Breakfast was a huge tray of fruit all from the garden then a main course of salad and ubi (potato) all obviously grown by hars and picked early morning by Hars while i was daydreaming into the jungle haha.
What i learnt from this dude was not just how to grow great organic food but how to live in this world with the ecosystem and not against it, also how to create a ecosystem on my land in Sumbawa that was partly destroyed by corn farming.
His information was golden and his mission in life (to save the ecosystem and work with nature) also to educate the word on how to grow organic food and to work with nature not against it.
Using his own techniques and also others from hundreds of years ago.
Basically he is a all time hero and the course was very beneficial to me and my family to create a new life over in Sumbawa living from the land and working with Nature.
The course was supposed to be 2 days but i booked a extra day in because there was so much i wanted to learn!
Overall i done 3 days 4 nights there, the three hour course a day was not really enough for me to take everything in, ideally i would like to take a week course 8hours a day haha but obviously Hars has a life too and to steal his time that much just wouldn't be fair.
When i left he kindly gave me over 30 different types of herbs and strains that i could bring with me to sumbawa.
Now all i need to do is keep them alive and spread hars knowledge to others who are grownig using monoculture techniques destroying the ecosystem.
Thanks Hars and good luck with your future project in Sumba!
Peace joy and healthy food SirWritten 27 December 2020
- Definitely a great walk through the rice fields. I enjoyed seeing beauty of all the green colors and listening to the water running down culverts for the fields. Maybe took an hour. Had to stop because the trail narrowed and was too muddy.Written 26 August 2022
- There is a beautifully preserved rock carving 26m long &2m tall about daily Balinese life: the farmer, animal hunting, women in community. The temple itself is tiny, small and not well maintained. 30k IDR access fee with free sarong included. 500m walk from parking by a nice rice paddies area, but not recommended if is to hot! Kinndly but strong refuse the locals who offer to show you the place, I heard them with a group speaking no English, no history questions answer, but high tip expected. Discover the place by yourself.Written 30 January 2020
- Beautiful realaxing experience. If you need to relax those muscles after a long flight or just want to be spoiled, this is a must! Beautiful surroundings and beautiful people. Thankyou so much to Apri, Diana and Ari for your gentle touch! Terima kasi!Written 21 September 2023
- Absolutely incredible, food was amazing and the hosts were super friendly and engaging. Easy to follow and super fun, big bonus leaving with recipe books for what we cooked.Written 23 September 2023
- If I could give more than 5 stars I would do so. Following an email request Soemantri and the team helped me to track down the artist of a painting that we had seen during a visit to Ubud 3.5 years ago. Not only did they find the artist, but much to my surprise and delight the actual painting was currently available. They then facilitated a negotiation between the artist and I. Once a price was agreed, Titian also facilitated my payment (from the UK) and organised the shipping. I have now received my painting and I could not be happier.
I have been blown away by the courtesy, attentiveness and integrity shown by Soemantri and the Titian team throughout the process. I wholeheartedly recommend this gallery.Written 7 December 2022
- Man this was awesome! The guys were absolutely terrific. They bring out a heap of binders so you can choose a design, or you can bring in a design of your own. I brought in something I’d been wanting to make for years, and while I think it might’ve been ambitious they just made it happen. You get the experience of cutting, filing and shaping the piece how you want, and then they do the smithing and shining to make it look really professional. If you’re looking to do this kind of class in Ubud, this is absolutely the one. You get attention and care from the hosts, who at the end of the day want you to leave with something you’re happy with and proud of.Written 15 September 2023
- If you want to feel like an absolute goddess look no further! The entire experience was exceptional. The massage was next level and then to top it off with a flower bath was bliss.Written 24 September 2023