Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 119
What travellers are saying
- Hands down the best place in Bali to come for antiques, wood furniture, stone and garden pieces, quality antique textiles and so much more from all over the archipelago. Made’s shops (3 in total including his warehouse) have endless amounts of hard to find, unique pieces with history. It is like shopping in a museum. And they know everything about the history of each object. It is really quite amazing and humbling. Made is genius at adapting any piece to your specific needs and clearly loves what he does. So grateful we stumbled upon Kuluk 3 years ago, truly an addiction now!Written 7 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was wandering the art market, saying that I wished more of the crafts there were actually handmade when I stumbled upon this gorgeous shop. It’s like a museum inside with incredibly beautiful textiles. The prices reflect what the women should actually be getting paid for their labor and craftsmanship. They also have an online shop. I loved seeing the handmade items and wish I had more time to spend there.Written 25 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent service.
Fabulous men’s clothing design for a very fair price.
I honestly want just about every item in every color!Written 8 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best shop in Ubud for unique handicrafts, folk art, and jewelry. The staff was very helpful letting me try traditional Balinese gold and silver bracelets rings and bracelets, and I bought several. Exquisite treasures I will cherish. .Written 30 July 2023
- What a beautiful shop this is, we were very happy to find this place. High quality singing bowls and beautiful wall decorationsWritten 9 December 2019
- I'm so grateful for having the opportunity to visit Genta Agrotourism first on my own to experience the Balinese water purification ceremony with Desak (she is AMAZING) as well as a healing session, and then to return as co-host of a wellness retreat in Bali last week. 10 of our 12 guests requested the experience and each person had a unique, memorable and meaningful experience at this very special and authentic place. In addition to discovering coffees, teas and special oils and creams (made from unique flowers, all natural everything and grown here on location), guests loved meeting Desak and experiencing a purification ceremony as a group with her (after a brief and powerful healing session for each person).
This is not a very touristic place despite the word tourism in the place's name :) and really this is unique and beautiful and a place I would recommend to everyone. Thank you Desak and thank you Helena (owner of this family run business for many years). If you're considering visiting, I can't recommend it enough. :)Written 3 March 2020
- My husband & I made an appointment to take a tour of the workshop and boutique. We were met by Dewi Purnawati, who was absolutely an amazing guide. We were amazed at the process & detail that goes into the creating and making of the beautiful pieces. She also explained "The Long Table", where the employees have a luncheon with no talk of work. We came away with a greater appreciation for the John Hardy brand. It truly "takes a village" to create such lovely pieces. After we returned to our hotel, my husband surprised me by making another appointment with Dewi , a few days later, to purchase a beautiful bracelet. We highly recommend visiting John Hardy Workshop & Kapal Bamboo Boutique at Mambal. Thank you Dewi for an amazing experience we look forward to returning in January!Written 23 July 2023
- These could be my favourite stores in Bali- there are 2 stores, one a little further up the road with primarily indigo colours and one closer to the Monkey Forest with earth tones, they share similar beautiful patterns on high quality fabric. They are a step above anything else I have seen and have a beautiful selection to choose from. They can be pricey, but if you want a high quality piece that supports local artisans seek them out.Written 8 August 2023
- Before heading in, they explain to you the types of wood they use and what’s local to Bali. They also have wood carvers doing their thing outside so that you can see the process.
Upon entering the store, it’s a little overwhelming. There’s so much to see, and I think that’s the reason why someone is always around you to assist you. The lady that helped us was a godsend. We would find something and want something exactly like it but smaller so that it would be easier to pack to fly home, so she was always running off to find us a smaller version of what we found.
One thing to note is that the prices on the pieces are in USD. And they tell you at the very start that you can haggle on the final price. You have the option to pay in USD or in IDR, whichever you prefer.
Overall, all the pieces in the store are expertly made. Sometimes, they only have a single piece and not multiple pieces of the same thing. So if it’s meant to be yours, you will be able to take it home!Written 5 July 2023
- Gunada was easy to deal with. We really love our painting. It is exactly what we ordered. We sent a picture before we left NZ and had the painting delivered to our hotel for inspection before Gunada wrapped it for us in a tube to take back home.
Thank you again.Written 23 September 2023
- Manjusree NNainital, India1,820 contributionsJust adjacent to puri garden hotel,the shop has everything for the customer need,we had great Red Wine and Bintang Beer bottles form the shop which one of the major shop in Ubud sell on printed price,they also have various kinds of alcohol and wines and Beer.Written 21 February 2017
- Great linen clothing at reasonable prices for the quality of the material and the staff, and hi are extremely helpful.Written 7 September 2023
- I have only bought here. It is the best Balinese-made chocolate that I have tasted. I like dark chocolate, which this place seems to specialise in.Written 22 April 2023
- I learnt so much doing the Jamu class. It was fun and entertaining. The products in the shop are value for money, smell amazing and work.Written 28 May 2023
- Best gift idea from Bali!
The business itself is good quality, clean, stylish and unique. Salt, raw honey and tasty jams will be a very nice presents to your friends
They have 2 shops , another one is closer to Monkey forest focused on soaps 🧼Written 20 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ubud
- These places are best for gift & speciality shops in Ubud:
- Above the Clouds Natural Wear - Ubud Pengosekan
- Threads of Life
- John Hardy Workshop & Kapal Bamboo Boutique at Mambal
- Kupu-Kupu Foundation Shop
- These are the best places for kid-friendly gift & speciality shops in Ubud:See more gift & speciality shops for children in Ubud on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking gift & speciality shops in Ubud:See more gift & speciality shops for couples in Ubud on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for gift & speciality shops in Ubud:See more romantic gift & speciality shops in Ubud on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for gift & speciality shops in Ubud:See more hidden gem gift & speciality shops in Ubud on Tripadvisor