- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- This temple is situated near Madurai maatuthaavani bus stand. From here take the route to othakadai.
Then take a right turn and go for about 2 KMS. The temple will be on your left side..
The temple complex is huge and it has a very big pond nearby..
Chalkrathaalvaar sannithi is very famous here .Written 15 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loving places for those who love to know for farming and it's product. To know more of crops and vegetableWritten 29 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good to go with family or kids or friends. Everyone can do prayer to god for it's wishes. Positive placeWritten 29 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mr parth a bengali tailor understands English a fabulous person n a very good tailor..132 tailoring shop ...stiched clothes in a day...and a tailor 138 who too is v good for blouse understands EnglishWritten 5 July 2023
- It is a center that predicts our future based on our naadi. It sometimes might turn out true. It is not based on science and not accurate.Written 27 February 2018
- Peaceful, inspiring retreat of Lord Krishna-Vishnu, historic with beautiful architecture dating back over 450 yearsMadana Gopala Swamy Temple is a peaceful, inspiring retreat of Lord Krishna-Vishnu. It is historic with beautiful architecture dating back over 450 years to the reign of the early Nayaka rulers of Madurai. In the past twenty years the complex has been extensively restored/rebuilt but most of the historic architecture remains visible and it is now a lively, thriving shrine.
I would also highly recommend visiting the larger Kudal Alagar (one of the Vishnu Divyadesham) just nearby.
For a fascinating story that touches on some little-known history related to these temples see the book Storied Stone: Reframing the Philadelphia Museum of Art's South Indian Temple Hall (Philadelphia Museum of Art with Yale University Press, 2022)Written 14 October 2022
- This temple is so beautiful that you can spend few hours here. Not crowded and it is very peaceful place.Written 18 February 2019
- Mind level relax after temple to visit & to free ur worries & problems. I truly believe that here the prayers are really heard & wishes are granted.Written 2 March 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Madurai
- These places are best for points of interest & landmarks in Madurai:
- Kalamegaperumal Temple
- Agricultural College and Research Institute
- Arittapatti Shivan Temple
- Sri Agathiyar Nadi Jothida Nilayam
- Arulmigu Sri Yoga Narasinga Perumal Thirukovil