Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- Visiting this mandir was a breathtaking experience. The details were remarkable and the aura was so strong. Our guide, Rajesh ji was very helpful throughout the journey as well as extremely knowledgeable. We recommend anyone to go at least once.Written 4 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Get the blessing from God Kallalagar (Sundararaja Thirumal) and Goddess Kalyana Sundaravalli Thayar!Kallalagar temple is located Alagar Koyil Village, Madurai District. It can be reached by bus from Melur, Mattuthavani Bus Stand, Periyar Bus Stand. God Kallalagar (Sundararaja Thirumal) and Goddess Kalyana Sundaravalli Thayar blessing devottees. A granite wall surrounds the temple, enclosing all its shrines. The temple has a seven-tiered rajagopuram. The temple is surrounded by a large fort.Every year during the Tamil month of Chithirai (April-May), Chithirai Thiruvila is celebrated. Chithirai Thiruvila is an yearly event of the marriage of Meenakshi, believed to be Alagar's sister.Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Arulmigu Solaimalai Murugan Temple is a Hindu temple, located about 25 kilometres north of Madurai, Tamilnadu, India.A hill covered with dense forests.One of the six important abodes (Arupadaiveedu) of God Murugan. it is close to the Azhagar Kovil.Pazhamudircholai is a fertile hill, blessed with nature's bounty in the form of innumerable fruits, vegetables and natural springs. God Ganesha,God Muruga and Goddess Valli, Deivayanai blessing Devotees.One can reach Pazhamudircholai by car, van, two-wheeler or Bus.There is a bus shuttle every 20 minutes from the foot of the hill to the Temple. We can offer Betel leaf garland.Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hundreds of pillars, carved with awesome sculpture and
eye elusive paintings on roof, Equally distanced, a marvel of architecture, you can not believe these were made at that era when no modern building equipment was available. Single stones were transported by elephants with coconut ropes and made of old tools, No computer, graphics etc... Hats off the artists and engineer's of that time.Written 21 November 2022
- Madurai is a temple city where you can visit on pilgrimage.
Apart form that you can enjoy the food especially the non-vegetarian that is of true taste of Tamil authenticity. Temperature is quite hot even on winter days. Three days can be spent going around Madurai and explore the beauty of the city.Written 13 January 2023
- Great architecture, huge circular pillars in the hall. This is a darbar hall of Palace which belongs to Nayakas dynasty king. A center courtyard surrounded by huge circular pillars. You should visit if you really admire of great architectureWritten 1 October 2023
- THis ancient temple located at the foot hills of a lovely hillock is part of the arupadai veedu temples for Lord Murugan. This temple is close to Madurai city and can be easily reached. Lots of devotees visit this temple to offer prayers to Lord Murugan. Arrangements have been made to ensure that pilgrims visiting can walk in properly organized lines and have proper darshan and also offer poojas.Written 27 August 2022
- We went to this temple as part of the Yo Madhurai Walk Tour. Its a uphill walk and we went in April with 2 kids aged 10 and 12! but was totally worth it. There is a legend about the fresh water spring here - Noopurgana. The devi darshan was very nice. Beware of monkeys... dont carry anything other than your basic sling bag or bag pack - the monekys are very fast to snatch anything else....:-). Worth the visit and the walk!Written 14 April 2023
- Evening walk around this glorious temple tank is very relaxing, especially during the month of January when it is full.Walk around this glorious temple tank during evening hours, when it’s not very hot. Can take few photos. There are several roadside eateries around, which may not be very hygienic. Must visit, if you are in Madurai .Written 3 January 2020
- Please make this your top priority - this was home to Ramana Maharshi and this was where he had his first experience of self realization - well maintained by Tiruvannamalai Ramanashram trust although the approach road should have proper directions to guide first-timers.Written 1 May 2022
- We went to the ISKCON temple here in the evening for darshan of Lord Krishna. The Lord Krishna's idol is very beautifully decorated. A very peaceful and tranquil place to go to in Madurai.Written 17 April 2019
- This temple is at a distance of 20 KMS from madurai Periyar bus stand..
From maatuthaavani bus stand, it is about
7 - 8 KMS..
The main deity Narasimmar is carved in the rocks of the hillside. Very good vibrational place to worship.
Neatly maintained and a must see place for the pilgrimage people..Written 12 October 2020
- This is one of the very few, rare Shiva temples where lord Shiva and Ambal are seen in the inner karbhagraha of the temple..
In this temple, Lord Shiva and ambal are seen worshipping the shivalingam ..
Like Meenakshi Amman temple, this temple also has Viboothi pillayar sannithi.
Very ancient temples are seen near this temple. Some of them are -
01. Koodal azhagar perumal temple
02. Madhana Gopala swamy temple
03. Sanjeevi Anjaneyar temple
04. Hayagreevar temple
05. Thoguluva trust perumal temple
06. Sri Prasanna Venkatesha perumal temple
07. Balamurugan temple
08. Kannadiyan veerapathira temple
09. Seetha Ramalakshmana Anjaneyar temple..
Do visit all these temples and have Darshan..Written 17 March 2021
- Many people come here for pray and stay for some time then move to next destination. Easily accessible.Written 29 February 2020
- Mr parth a bengali tailor understands English a fabulous person n a very good tailor..132 tailoring shop ...stiched clothes in a day...and a tailor 138 who too is v good for blouse understands EnglishWritten 5 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Madurai