What travellers are saying
- must visit place of Jodhpur. It’s astonishingly beautiful. The fort is awesome and speaks about its golden time. You need atleast 3 hours to cover all the major points. Lots of things to see here. The ticket price is 200/- per person. Totally worth the price.
The carvings made on the jodhpuri stone are simply mind-blowing. The jharokhaa for queens, meeting halls, kings bedroom, small museum are worth to watch.
At the backyard there is garden, temple and lots of canons are placed there. You can enjoy the blue city view from the top of the fort.
Please do take a guide, the guide provides good history about the fort. The guides are government certified.Written 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice shop “I recently purchased shirt from this shop and I couldn’t be happier with my online shopping experience. Their website was user-friendly, making it easy to find the perfect item. The checkout process was smooth, and I received my order promptly. The [product] arrived in excellent condition, exactly as described on their website. I’m thrilled with the quality and will definitely shop at ganesh handicraft] again in the future. Highly recommended!”Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jaswant thada is rightfully called the Taj Mahal of Marwar. It is an exquisite marble monument dedicated to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II.
It has intricately carved pillars, a dome and a chandelier. It is surrounded by landscaped gardens. It has paintings of Marwar kings.
One can get a panoramic view of Mehrangarh fort from here. Since it is located near Mehrangarh fort, one can combine the visits to both these placesWritten 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Checking out Umaid Heritage Art School and its comprehensive and beautiful library of Rajasthani miniature works was a fascinating experience. Interaction with Mr Vijay Prajapat on two separate days made my Jodhpur trip extra special and unforgettable. The free art lesson he offered over a span of 2 hrs along with seeking knowledge about various facets of miniature paintings was awesome. I wish Mr Vijay's mission all the success.Written 23 November 2023
- The palace is one of the only few tourist attractions of Jodhpur. It's divided into 3 parts as a museum, kings palace and hotel. It's not a old palace, as made very recently. Usually the organise luxury weddings here.
You can only access the museum as a tourist which is just a third part of the whole palace. The displays and architecture are beautiful. The garage with vintage cars would be the thing to add and one should definitely see.Written 26 November 2023
- Prabhat's tour of Jodhpur was an absolute delight! His early morning start allowed us to beat the crowds and traffic, making for a more peaceful and enjoyable experience. We ventured to local monuments and delved into the old town, uncovering a hidden side of the city that I never knew existed. Prabhat's vast knowledge of Rajasthan's culture, history, and general trivia was truly impressive. His gentle and considerate nature made me feel safe and well-cared for throughout the tour. Along the way, he introduced me to authentic chai tea cafes and treated me to delicious samosa. Thanks to Prabhat, my time in Jodhpur was nothing short of wonderful and unforgettable!Written 21 November 2023
- the kabab platter portion is damn tasty. candlelight makes a beautiful atmosphere. a must visit if you are looking for a peaceful dinner.Written 26 March 2021
- I would highly recommend spending time in Salawas, getting to know the locals, experiencing their delicious cuisine and taking time to choose a beautiful durry for your home. It was well planned and the hosts were friendly and thoughtful. It was a very pleasant change from the hectic cities and time seemed to go slowly. I can't wait to return!Written 11 October 2023
- Interesting visit to the Mandore Gardens which host ancient temples, a small but interesting archaeological museum, and the cenotaphs of some maharajas of Jodhpur.Written 16 November 2023
- This is without doubt a must in Jodhpur. Run by several sisters who took over after their father passed away, they have struggled against misogyny and harassment to keep their business going. Their spices are incredible, and unlike most spice shops in Jodhpur, do not have oil added to boost profits. Priya sat down with us and explained her story before giving us a demo of her good spices and masala chai, which was incredible.
Don't be fooled by guides (who get commissions from other shops) who say it's too expensive, it really isn't! Also be careful for copycats, there's loads around!Written 29 November 2023
- This was a terrific experience! Lavi and her husband Sohel went above and beyond to make us feel at home! We made the finest local Indian cuisine with two people who had a great knowledge base and great sense of humor. I would highly recommend for anyone to do this, it is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a few hours. Thank you so much Lavi and Sohel!Written 16 March 2020
- Very good handmade profucts, not pushy at all and good prices. Owner gave us very useful insights about India and Indian textile. Definitely recommend!Written 21 August 2023
- It felt like home at Rekhas and Rishis cooking class. Beside lots of explanations about culture, different spices and ingredients we were able to adjust the recipes after our taste. It was lovely to watch her cooking and carry out some steps ourselves.Written 1 December 2023
- Spice Paradise, such an accurate summary of this business. The Sharma family gave us one of the warmest welcome in to their shop. From the presentation and education of each spices, their benefits, pairings, recipes, we found ourselves invited to sit and drink Masala Chai demonstrated on the spot along with the family. We ended up spending nearly two hours in the shop, covering preparation, our travels, our family values, suggestions for my injured finger, to eventually meeting one of their daughters, who was also a beam of light. Crossing paths and meeting this family was a blessing, highly recommend for the wonderful spices, tea, but especially for their warm invitation.Written 10 October 2023
- Great service by Ramesh, very hard working and reliable man to take you around Jodhpur. We hired him for airport drop and was right on time to pick us up and dropped airport right on time.Written 26 November 2023