Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- Darshan Museum is a must visit place in Pune.
It is an immersive experience of 3D story telling with life size realistic mannequins, crystal clear audio and videos to enhance your experience and learning.
The Teachings and Life of Revered Dada Vaswani ji has been portrayed in a very lucid and appealing manner.
Such a museum i have vis for the first time and i am sure there are hardly any such museum in our country.
The beauty is that the way the story line and goes it will create and hold the interest of the entire family including the children.
The best part is you walk through the museum as you soak into the the rich commentary , visuals and creative 3D art.
In a nut shell it is
Gagar mein Sagar i.e.
Story telling, Philosophy, Creativity and Life Lessons all packaged into one beautiful Bouquet of surprises.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
Date of visit: 15-July-2023
Our family visit to Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum in Pune was an unforgettable experience! From the moment we entered, we were enthralled by the vast array of captivating artifacts and artwork. Our 8-year-old daughter was wide-eyed with wonder, exploring the rich cultural heritage of India. The museum's thoughtful organization made it engaging for all ages. The staff was friendly and helpful, adding to the warmth of the visit. The museum beautifully preserves and showcases India's artistic legacy, making it both educational and enjoyable. We left with cherished memories and a deeper appreciation for our country's history. Highly recommended for families!
Other details are as follows.
INR 30 for Children below 12 years
INR 100 for Adult above 12 years
INR 300 for Foreigners (Adult)
INR 100 for Foreigners (Children)
INR 100 for Mobile Photography
Museum is divided into 2 wings
Ground Floor - Objects Of Beauty Culture
First Floor - Utensils Gallery
Second Floor - Textile Gallery
Third Floor - Special Exhibition
Second Floor - Lamps Gallery
First Floor - Musical Instruments Gallery & Mastani Mahal
Ground Floor - Ivory Gallery
- Took us around 2 hours.
- Drinking water available on second floor.
- Restroom are clean and available on ground floor only.
- Benches on each floor available to rest.
- Mastani Mahal is recontructed from original mahal which was in Kothrud.
--Written 25 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is one of the best Museums I have ever visited. Collection of various Bats, Balls, Pads, Gloves is displayed here. I am very fortunate to see this tremendous museum. I felt overwhelmed to see Sachin Tendulkar's World cup winning T-shirt.Written 3 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Surprise Surprise, this is Just a Big Room (Single) with a Big Display as you see on their Youtube video. Quite underwhelmed.
It is just 20-25 minutes, with one model in motion at a time. The audio recording was good entertainment, but does not cover for the lack of engagement.
There is no other experience or activity to engage oneself. You just watch, listen and leave the premises post the show.
My son called it a scam, but primarily coz he has seen much better.
If you are a local and stay closeby, perhaps this is fine for you.Written 23 December 2022
- Good collection of tribal artifacts from Northern Maharashtra tribes - music instruments, paintings, cooking equipment, masks and more. The different sections had
elaborated descriptions in both Marathi and English. Unsignificant entrance fee. Helpful staff.
The only thing missing was a bit elaboration of information about the differences/similarities and livelihood of the different tribes.
Well spent 1.5 hours while monsoon rain was pouring outside.Written 27 September 2023
- A fully private museum, with restricted photography but 2 storeyed collection of glass made artifacts and cycles will make you wonder.Written 22 February 2020
- Small place but a treasure trove in the heart of the city. Must visit place for your kids as they will learn a lot, also do not rule out surprises for us elders!!! Helpful staff who explain with passion & it can be felt as this is their duty which they do tirelessly. If you happen to be near null stop would recommend to drop by as it is open 24 hours. Parking available inside.Written 25 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Pune
- These are the best places for groups seeking speciality museums in Pune:See more speciality museums for groups in Pune on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Pune:See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Pune on Tripadvisor