- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- It was my pleasure to visit this church during my business trip. I feel very comfortable in the church, clean and magnificent.Written 18 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- i visited St Mary's church on christmas.It is located at Mg Road. On christmas, it was decorayed beautifully from inside but they closed the entry little early at around 6pm.Written 6 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Take an afternoon tea break and listen to a 135 year-old bell chime :
Saturday, 24th March 2018 noon, saw me 130 ft high up in the belfry of a standalone Bell Tower surrounded by 8 huge bells cast in 1883 by Taylor & Sons, Loughborogh, England, listening to the loud ringing of one of the magnificent bells.
As part of an INTACH walk led by Pushkar Sohoni, I was in Pune’s only standalone bell tower which stands adjoining The Church of the Holy Name (also called 'Pavitra Naam Devalaya') located at Guruwar Peth. The Society of St John the Evangelist built the Basilica Church whose foundation stone was laid by The Bishop of Bombay in September 1883 and completed in December 1885, in time for Christmas celebration and service. It was really walk into history where each little nook and corner had a story to tell. Even the 3 polished chandeliers date back to the 1800s and were manufactured by Johnstone Brookes & Co, 32 New Street Square, London and bear the date Nov 1st, 1821.
Prior to that, the Panch Haud Mission (the name originates from the five water tanks) was established and it became the first mission house of the Scotch Presbyterian Guild (SPG). The Mission and the 6 sisters who came here from Scotland were instrumental in the setting up of the adjoining Epiphany High School and orphanage.
Very interestingly, it was these very sisters who founded St. Mary’s School in Camp, Pune !!
Another important detail is that The Panch Haud Mission’s Holy Name Church is unique because from the very beginning all services here are conducted in Marathi. If the service was conducted in any other language, there was a simultaneous translation into Marathi.
The Church itself has a large congregation and is very well maintained.
You can also enjoy a walk around the adjoining school and the mission centre.Written 26 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The St lgnatus church is a very famous church in the locality. It is a very old church of this place. The church was built by Anglicans and handed over to Catholics over a century. This is one of the major attractions of Pune. The church is well maintained still.Written 30 November 2017
- Mathew Marathi Tamil Church is a grand church in Pune and is very famous. It also is very grand and has a very ancient architecture.Written 27 May 2018
- This is a must visit .The serene calmness with architectural finesse .Located near GPO ,this was my first school .Visited it on Xmas 2019 and it was a trip that made me feel alive with the breath of life.Set in a compound with a school attached,the structure is imposing and has a very relaxing touch on the mind.As you experience the beautiful architecture ,the sounds of silence will be a message for each one of usWritten 27 December 2019
- This church is located in Kedari nagar. This is a small , but well maintained place.Sunday mass wlill be held here and large number of christian from nearby area do visit for the place for prayer. The church has a good administration which provides all the facilities for the ,,,,,,,people who stay thereWritten 25 November 2016
- It is a very pleasant trip to this church, clean and architect is magnificent. I have attended the mass, and i feel very blessed to visit this church.Written 18 April 2020