- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- It's good. Beach is more or less clean. There's a Life guard. View is good. One can get into the sea here.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a concept. A slice of road, one side sea and the other shops, restaurants and that too on a cliff!! And one has to walk. No car, bikes. It's really good.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is one of the best temples I have seen in Kerala. It is located not far from the Papanasam beach. The temple is unique in the sense that the inner part does not have any 'upadavatas'. Just the sanctum of Janardana Swamy and that is all. All upadevatas are located in the outer ring. The deity in standing pose is a 'Pitrdeva' and that is why the temple is famous and popular for annual 'bali'. The large plot is generally silent and has a pious atmosphere. A visit to this temple is really rejuvenating-both for mind and body (soul too can be added if you please) It is a must visit in Varkala.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Peaceful calm and quiet e place..spiritual vibes…breakfast lunch available…I am not sure about dinner .varkala is a beautiful place …if you wish to explore more visit this place and nearby there is lot of places to explore ..I will come with my family and visit agian 🕉🕉Written 8 June 2022
- Beautiful Kappil lake on one side of the road and Arabian sea on the other. Drove by this place, did not go for boating. I am sure an evening boat ride at the lake would be worth it.Written 5 January 2019
- Visited the Golden Island on day 2 of my Kerala trip. It is situated around 10-15 kms from Varkala Centre. Plan was to visit Munroe Island but it was closed so we decided to visit this island. Kayaking happens near the island and there is a temple at the island. We took a boat ride to reach the island. It cost 1300 bucks for 6 people. We witnessed beautiful backwaters through the boat ride.Written 10 September 2022
- the staff was very rude because we had cameras with us even though we weren't using it. But the view is stunning. It's beautiful over there, see the water and be on top of all those palm treesWritten 24 January 2020
- Located in the northern part of the beach strip. Less crowded compared to the main beach. The lake closer to it looked amazing too.Written 2 November 2021
- Safe place to spend a quality 'alone' time, relaxing. Not very crowded. Enjoy the view from the nearby eateries. More or less clean beach though rituals are performed. Coast guards are there to keep watch on you. Second trip to the sea beach. There are shops which sell garments. Price is bit on higher side, most probably due to the foreign tourists. Auto stand is nearby.Written 3 December 2019
- One of the most lovely Temples we have seen, although we also loved the Kali Temple too. I love to see local temples, eat local foods as well as hang out with local folk to get the real feel of the area. We love Varkala!Written 7 January 2020
- Simple fort, square shape with open central space
Not much of complicated building components
Can spend 30 min to climb upthe walls and walk around
HAs a light house close byWritten 6 July 2022
- A small and well maintained aquarium. They have a good collection of fish breeds. It is situated closer to the Edava beach.Written 2 November 2021
- Would given a sixth star if I could. Our experience was above expectations. All the people working there are caring, skilled and easy to communicate with. I felt understood and heard and underwent a 21 days program tailored for us after a thorough consultation. In addition to wonderful treatments, we were also given ayurvedic medicine, dietary instructions and clear advice on necessary lifestyle changes. I always felt them caring and fully invested in my well being, and never like a business. I therefore, happily recommend anyone to pay these a visit. The massage I got today was the best I ever got. Would most certainly come back here again. Wishing then all the best 🌿❤️Written 16 November 2022
- My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Thanal Beach resort. Great location just in front of the sea near by bars, shops and restaurants.
The rooms are spacious and well furnished and very clean, the Ayurveda space is located just behind the hotel and offers high quality treatments. All the staff was helpful and very friendly, my girlfriend had her birthday and Dr. Sharun was so kind to order a cake put her name on it and place it in our room before our check in! Such a wonderful surprise!Written 16 November 2022
- One word to describe this experience will be : incredible. I loved the place, people, this impression to be relax and peaceful during the trip. We had a lovely time. The sessions were so intense but so good. The teachers were amazing. Recommend it !! Miss the shala, the weather, the healthy food, people and yogo. Can’t wait to back again 🙏🏻Written 19 November 2022