- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- It's good. Beach is more or less clean. There's a Life guard. View is good. One can get into the sea here.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a concept. A slice of road, one side sea and the other shops, restaurants and that too on a cliff!! And one has to walk. No car, bikes. It's really good.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is one of the best temples I have seen in Kerala. It is located not far from the Papanasam beach. The temple is unique in the sense that the inner part does not have any 'upadavatas'. Just the sanctum of Janardana Swamy and that is all. All upadevatas are located in the outer ring. The deity in standing pose is a 'Pitrdeva' and that is why the temple is famous and popular for annual 'bali'. The large plot is generally silent and has a pious atmosphere. A visit to this temple is really rejuvenating-both for mind and body (soul too can be added if you please) It is a must visit in Varkala.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Peaceful calm and quiet e place..spiritual vibes…breakfast lunch available…I am not sure about dinner .varkala is a beautiful place …if you wish to explore more visit this place and nearby there is lot of places to explore ..I will come with my family and visit agian 🕉🕉Written 8 June 2022
- Located in the northern part of the beach strip. Less crowded compared to the main beach. The lake closer to it looked amazing too.Written 2 November 2021
- Safe place to spend a quality 'alone' time, relaxing. Not very crowded. Enjoy the view from the nearby eateries. More or less clean beach though rituals are performed. Coast guards are there to keep watch on you. Second trip to the sea beach. There are shops which sell garments. Price is bit on higher side, most probably due to the foreign tourists. Auto stand is nearby.Written 3 December 2019
- Beautiful Kappil lake on one side of the road and Arabian sea on the other. Drove by this place, did not go for boating. I am sure an evening boat ride at the lake would be worth it.Written 5 January 2019
- A small and well maintained aquarium. They have a good collection of fish breeds. It is situated closer to the Edava beach.Written 2 November 2021
- My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Thanal Beach resort. Great location just in front of the sea near by bars, shops and restaurants.
The rooms are spacious and well furnished and very clean, the Ayurveda space is located just behind the hotel and offers high quality treatments. All the staff was helpful and very friendly, my girlfriend had her birthday and Dr. Sharun was so kind to order a cake put her name on it and place it in our room before our check in! Such a wonderful surprise!Written 16 November 2022
- The best place to treat your body after COVID! Happy again to immerse myself in the magical healing oil of Ayurveda. Im grateful to my favorite doctor and the rest of the team who became my friends long time ago.Written 29 November 2022
- We had a truly great experience staying in this place, it’s located in the beautiful green garden, very quiet and relaxing place. It was our first time here and we were amazed by hospitality of hosts Vishnu and Sruthy. They are both so sweet and made us feel like a home here. We stayed for around 3 weeks and it was hard to leave from this place. Also did the Aurvedic treatment for 1 week. It’s so such stress relief and relaxed feeling after that. You will be like a new person. Doctor Sruthy is very professional and knowledgeable. We will definitely come back here and have very warm and beautiful memories from this place. 🥰Written 16 November 2022
- Due to lockdown, I needed to travel from Varkala to cochin ,and this time they offered me the best price compared to others. Clean Cab ,driver was very professional .Written 23 June 2020
- If you've always wanted to try surfing but weren't sure you'd be good enough, I HIGHLY, highly recommend trying Moon Waves Surf School. Not only are the instructors patient and encouraging, when you do manage to catch a wave and stand up, they're like proud parents, toasting your achievement to anyone who'll listen. A trip to Varkala is incomplete without a class with them.Written 13 February 2022
- I took my first surf lessons at Drifters surf club and I saw progress as of my 1st lesson. Both Ajith and Vinu are excellent coaches. Their coaching helped me progress and enjoy my first surf experience. Thank you guys 🙏🏽 See you again soon.Written 4 January 2020
- Had the best time on the vegetarian thali cookery lesson. The two ladies who did the lesson were so friendly and smiley.
They broke down the dishes into very easy steps and it actually feels like I could be able to do these at home!
Go hungry as you make so much delicious food!Written 25 February 2020