- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- It's good. Beach is more or less clean. There's a Life guard. View is good. One can get into the sea here.Written 17 November 2022
- It's a concept. A slice of road, one side sea and the other shops, restaurants and that too on a cliff!! And one has to walk. No car, bikes. It's really good.Written 17 November 2022
- It is one of the best temples I have seen in Kerala. It is located not far from the Papanasam beach. The temple is unique in the sense that the inner part does not have any 'upadavatas'. Just the sanctum of Janardana Swamy and that is all. All upadevatas are located in the outer ring. The deity in standing pose is a 'Pitrdeva' and that is why the temple is famous and popular for annual 'bali'. The large plot is generally silent and has a pious atmosphere. A visit to this temple is really rejuvenating-both for mind and body (soul too can be added if you please) It is a must visit in Varkala.Written 23 July 2022
- Peaceful calm and quiet e place..spiritual vibes…breakfast lunch available…I am not sure about dinner .varkala is a beautiful place …if you wish to explore more visit this place and nearby there is lot of places to explore ..I will come with my family and visit agian 🕉🕉Written 8 June 2022
- Located in the northern part of the beach strip. Less crowded compared to the main beach. The lake closer to it looked amazing too.Written 2 November 2021
- Safe place to spend a quality 'alone' time, relaxing. Not very crowded. Enjoy the view from the nearby eateries. More or less clean beach though rituals are performed. Coast guards are there to keep watch on you. Second trip to the sea beach. There are shops which sell garments. Price is bit on higher side, most probably due to the foreign tourists. Auto stand is nearby.Written 3 December 2019
- Beautiful Kappil lake on one side of the road and Arabian sea on the other. Drove by this place, did not go for boating. I am sure an evening boat ride at the lake would be worth it.Written 5 January 2019
- Took 3 old favourite items of clothing - 2 tops and a dress - to be be made up in fabrics selected from Asparagus. I chose 2 plain khaki cotton and a hand print Keralan cotton, and was very happy with the results. One top in particular I absolutely love - its an identical replacement for a much loved garment, and has been tweaked in size just where needed. Likewise the dress is super, a copy with improvements (larger pockets!) So, just brilliant if you know exactly what you would like, and such good value compared to home.Written 9 April 2020
- Simple fort, square shape with open central space
Not much of complicated building components
Can spend 30 min to climb upthe walls and walk around
HAs a light house close byWritten 6 July 2022
- One of the most lovely Temples we have seen, although we also loved the Kali Temple too. I love to see local temples, eat local foods as well as hang out with local folk to get the real feel of the area. We love Varkala!Written 7 January 2020
- Due to lockdown, I needed to travel from Varkala to cochin ,and this time they offered me the best price compared to others. Clean Cab ,driver was very professional .Written 23 June 2020
- We totally endorse all of the previous reviews. We were not pressurised at all to make any purchases but when we asked for advice, it was beautifully presented and crystalline clear.
We. Made some fantastic purchases at fixed prices - bliss.
The whole experience was very positive. This shop sells high quality products and the owner is charming. We had a great discussion about the world, business and technology as well!
If you only want rubbish souvenirs then the beach is a better bet. For high quality, Shalimar is a must.Written 7 February 2019
- I’ve been a customer in both of these
Brothers shops for the last 3 years
I’ve been a visitor to india for 25 years
And never met 2 great guys like Arshad
And Nawaz nowhere has the variety of
Jewellery shawls stones& many more items
As these guys
Nothing is to much trouble as well as buying many items I have also had pieces
Of jewellery made the quality is exceptional
And very reasonably priced
I would recommend these guys to anyone
For quality friendliness & hospitality
I look forward to seeing you again in December
Thank you Arshad & Nawaz again
LesleyWritten 1 February 2018
- Here: I met Mali the other day and I am so happy to see her get the glow back, thanks to Jewels sky. Mali is truly a master at art and handcrafting and that she now finally, thanks to Jewels sky, get her dream come true, getting into silver craft makes me happy. My daughter got so happy for the new earrings from India! We are looking forward to see more of these beautyfull products, after we have finished our project in Goa. Exellent work!Written 3 October 2020
- Great experience.., excellent travel partner in varkala... Thanks for your great support and making a suitable trip.Written 28 August 2022