- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- It's good. Beach is more or less clean. There's a Life guard. View is good. One can get into the sea here.Written 17 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful Kappil lake on one side of the road and Arabian sea on the other. Drove by this place, did not go for boating. I am sure an evening boat ride at the lake would be worth it.Written 5 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited the Golden Island on day 2 of my Kerala trip. It is situated around 10-15 kms from Varkala Centre. Plan was to visit Munroe Island but it was closed so we decided to visit this island. Kayaking happens near the island and there is a temple at the island. We took a boat ride to reach the island. It cost 1300 bucks for 6 people. We witnessed beautiful backwaters through the boat ride.Written 10 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Located in the northern part of the beach strip. Less crowded compared to the main beach. The lake closer to it looked amazing too.Written 2 November 2021
- Safe place to spend a quality 'alone' time, relaxing. Not very crowded. Enjoy the view from the nearby eateries. More or less clean beach though rituals are performed. Coast guards are there to keep watch on you. Second trip to the sea beach. There are shops which sell garments. Price is bit on higher side, most probably due to the foreign tourists. Auto stand is nearby.Written 3 December 2019
- A small and well maintained aquarium. They have a good collection of fish breeds. It is situated closer to the Edava beach.Written 2 November 2021
- This is my 3rd year staying at the Green Palace where I have been doing daily yoga classes with Haridas. He is a lovely kind man and an ex excellent teacher. His classes are suitable for any level as he adapts each class to the level, I am not very flexible or strong so I do different poses for my ability, whilst others of more advanced levels do theirs. I can only highly recommend anyone visiting Varkala, go to his class. Thank you Haridas for all you have helped me with.Written 7 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Varkala Town
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Varkala Town:See more nature & parks for couples in Varkala Town on Tripadvisor