Scuba & Snorkelling • Surfing & Windsurfing
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- If you've always wanted to try surfing but weren't sure you'd be good enough, I HIGHLY, highly recommend trying Moon Waves Surf School. Not only are the instructors patient and encouraging, when you do manage to catch a wave and stand up, they're like proud parents, toasting your achievement to anyone who'll listen. A trip to Varkala is incomplete without a class with them.Written 13 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I took my first surf lessons at Drifters surf club and I saw progress as of my 1st lesson. Both Ajith and Vinu are excellent coaches. Their coaching helped me progress and enjoy my first surf experience. Thank you guys 🙏🏽 See you again soon.Written 4 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had the best time on the vegetarian thali cookery lesson. The two ladies who did the lesson were so friendly and smiley.
They broke down the dishes into very easy steps and it actually feels like I could be able to do these at home!
Go hungry as you make so much delicious food!Written 25 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I tried paragliding on a beach, for the very first time. There is usually parasailing on the beach, by these guys do paragliding owing to the unique nature of the Varkala beach and the cliff.
You get almost 20 mins in the air with a expert who makes every move look and feel so easy. The experience is exhilarating – flying like a bird over the beach, next to the cliff. Wow!
We also tried stand up paddle boarding, and it’s a Kerala backwaters experience like nothing else. Must try. Kudos to Aurélien, Ajith and Aakaash.Written 24 February 2020
- Great experience.., excellent travel partner in varkala... Thanks for your great support and making a suitable trip.Written 28 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Varkala Town
- These are the best places for kid-friendly boat tours & water sports in Varkala Town:See more boat tours & water sports for children in Varkala Town on Tripadvisor