Top Attractions in Varkala Town
What travellers are saying
- A must visit if you need a beauty touch up! I have been visiting this salon for the past three months now to have my monthly henna treatment. Reji and her husband are always so welcoming. They offer a range of beauty treatments and well as massaging. They are both very talented and experienced in their fields and I always look forward to our chats. Thanks guys! :)Written 16 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful holiday destination specially north cliff . vibes are similar to Goa and that's why it is called mini Goa also. Sea side restaurants and sea view from cliff is amazing. Resort are available at cliff . ite better to entre from helipad parking side as climbing to clif is easy and there is wide road to enter the cliff.Written 21 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Asparagus clothing is exceptional. Aji and his co-workers made me some cargo pants and a matching top made from hemp material dyed with basil. He also made two cotton shirts. All the fabrics in his shop are sustainable, hand picked and just beautiful. You can really feel the quality. The stitching is amazing - Aji and his team took many measurements and were more than happy to adjust according to my preference, nothing was too much of a problem for them. Just beautiful people. I enjoyed every time I visited this shop.
By far, the best fabric shop in Varkala! Maybe even all of India! Thank you so much Aji and team!Written 2 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is one of the best temples I have seen in Kerala. It is located not far from the Papanasam beach. The temple is unique in the sense that the inner part does not have any 'upadavatas'. Just the sanctum of Janardana Swamy and that is all. All upadevatas are located in the outer ring. The deity in standing pose is a 'Pitrdeva' and that is why the temple is famous and popular for annual 'bali'. The large plot is generally silent and has a pious atmosphere. A visit to this temple is really rejuvenating-both for mind and body (soul too can be added if you please) It is a must visit in Varkala.Written 23 July 2022
- Peaceful calm and quiet e place..spiritual vibes…breakfast lunch available…I am not sure about dinner .varkala is a beautiful place …if you wish to explore more visit this place and nearby there is lot of places to explore ..I will come with my family and visit agian 🕉🕉Written 8 June 2022
- Beautiful Kappil lake on one side of the road and Arabian sea on the other. Drove by this place, did not go for boating. I am sure an evening boat ride at the lake would be worth it.Written 5 January 2019
- Visited the Golden Island on day 2 of my Kerala trip. It is situated around 10-15 kms from Varkala Centre. Plan was to visit Munroe Island but it was closed so we decided to visit this island. Kayaking happens near the island and there is a temple at the island. We took a boat ride to reach the island. It cost 1300 bucks for 6 people. We witnessed beautiful backwaters through the boat ride.Written 10 September 2022
- Safe place to spend a quality 'alone' time, relaxing. Not very crowded. Enjoy the view from the nearby eateries. More or less clean beach though rituals are performed. Coast guards are there to keep watch on you. Second trip to the sea beach. There are shops which sell garments. Price is bit on higher side, most probably due to the foreign tourists. Auto stand is nearby.Written 3 December 2019
- the staff was very rude because we had cameras with us even though we weren't using it. But the view is stunning. It's beautiful over there, see the water and be on top of all those palm treesWritten 24 January 2020
- Located in the northern part of the beach strip. Less crowded compared to the main beach. The lake closer to it looked amazing too.Written 2 November 2021
- One of the most lovely Temples we have seen, although we also loved the Kali Temple too. I love to see local temples, eat local foods as well as hang out with local folk to get the real feel of the area. We love Varkala!Written 7 January 2020
- Simple fort, square shape with open central space
Not much of complicated building components
Can spend 30 min to climb upthe walls and walk around
HAs a light house close byWritten 6 July 2022
- A small and well maintained aquarium. They have a good collection of fish breeds. It is situated closer to the Edava beach.Written 2 November 2021
- This was my first experience of Shirodhara and oh my goodness, I don’t believe I’ve ever felt so relaxed in my life! A great rate, a very professional friendly service, and the team work very hard to deliver perfection. It is clean, well-maintained and everybody working there knows exactly what they’re doing and does so with gusto. I wish I could have Shirodhara every week of my life! I highly recommend Shirodhara, head massage and facial and when I return, I’ll try (almost) everything else. Don’t forget to tip (if you can)! I left several weeks ago and I'm still talking about it now! Thank you!Written 5 February 2023
- It's hard to express just how wonderful my experience here was, from the tranquil low volume music, the trickles of water from the fountain, the glorious smells of the various herbal remedies and massage oils, to the highly skilled, most compassionate Therapists and Doctors. I would recommend this clinic to anybody, with or without medical issues to take the plunge and visit here.
Feedback each day was passed on to Dr Sharun, and if there was an issue of any sort, was immediately remedied. I will be forever grateful to the clinic, and the beautiful members of staff.Written 8 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Varkala Town
- The best day trips from Varkala Town according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Varkala beach day trip from Trivandrum/Kovalam
- Varkala Cliffs Beach Tour from Trivandrum
- Day Trip to Varkala (Guided Full Day City Tour)
Varkala Town Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday, 10:44 am|