Architectural Buildings • Religious Sites
Popular things to do
What travellers are saying
- This is a Bishnu Temple . Fiextended rst rule to get inside is male are to put on dhoti or one piece traditional cloth and ladies are put on sarees . In addition male visitors are remove cloth from upper part . There are two types of visit . One is normal and another is vip visit costing 500 ruppe . Following line we moved to have darshan . I clearly saw recling deity deity . Specially extended right hand with lot of ornaments . Because of two pillars in front of deity full length of the body could not be seen . I came back and purchased VIP tickets and visited again . This time I had darshan to my satisfaction . I looked some booklets of the temple so that we can see visit all parts of temple . But I couldnt find one in English ( I am from Bangladesh). With 100 rs one can buy tin prasadam . But I found it doesn"t last long for 15 /20 days .In the entrance there are suvenir shops and cloth shops. Anyone not wearing Dhoti or one piece cloth can buy or rent one . It was great vist .Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is a hidden gem in Kerala. The beach is clean and the backwater ride is quite peaceful and unlike any other.Written 6 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kovalem beach is 22 kilometres away from the center of Trivandrum even it’s included in one day sightseeing in Trivandrum.The beach are so lovely,Peaceful it is not so busy like the other beaches.On the other hand light house is also located anyone can enjoy a beautiful view of beach & ocean from the top .Written 2 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Old temple very spacious, located 4 k.m from sree Padmanabhan swami temple
. they sell garland outside and ghee lamps so that one can lighten it in the specified place.
at 12 noon we went not much of crowd we followed the line and had peaceful worship of bhagavathy ammen . goddess was decorated nicely and the priest who does the pooja was very considerate not hurrying the public to move on hence we did dharsan in a calm atmosphere. very rare to get it .there are two gates front and sideways they have kept kum kum and sandal paste for the devotees to get it. overall a pleasant worshipWritten 1 May 2023
- Amazing concept - very well executed by the kids and the experts who trained them. Loved being there and enjoyed every bit of itWritten 7 September 2023
- The most important Ganesh Temple in Trivandrum. Situated on a busy crossroad, the temple does not have too much of a crowd, and one can easily get good darshan and also spend some time doing Ganesh Puja if one wants to.
No specific dress code, but simple dresses desirable.Written 16 January 2023
- Aazhimala Siva Temple Very very beautiful. The Lord of Shiva very very excellent and beautiful beach.Written 6 July 2023
- The zoo was amazing but there was only a a small number of animals . It was very crowded. Good value of money. Nice place to visit with family .there was so many birds and less number of animalsWritten 3 September 2023
- The views from here are great. Best place in Kovalam for pics etc.
The issue I see is the narrow final stairs to the top. A bottle neck and will cause long lines in the evening in weekends for sure.
We went in the afternoon just after the 1 hour lunch break which is from 1pm to 2pm.
Also finding a rickshaw/taxi there was tough so come in one and keep it.Written 10 June 2023