- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
61 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Amazing place in Kottayam. Had the best trek to this place. Jeep Safari was amazing. View from the top is amazingWritten 28 November 2022
- Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is an ancient temple that exists since Treta Yuga when Lord Parashurama came down to this place.
An early morning darshan in this vast temple complex brings immense peace and tranquility.Written 23 May 2022
- We had never heard of this museum before and it was recommended to us by our driver Dhanesh as one of the places to visit in Kumarakom. I am so glad we needed his suggestion and visited the museum.
Bay Island Driftwood Museum claims to be the only museum of its kind in India where driftwood sculptures crafted by nature are on display.
According to Ms Raji Punnoose and her husband Mr Cherian Punnoose, the couple who own and run the place, driftwood is shaped over the years, sometimes centuries, by the sea and natural elements, and sometimes the finished piece bears an uncanny resemblance to different creatures and objects.
It is these naturally formed driftwood sculptures that have been painstakingly collected by the couple over the years and polished to perfection which are on display here. The pieces on display, accompanied by their individually framed descriptions, make for a very interesting viewing, especially if you are an art lover and someone with a vivid imagination.
What makes it even more interesting is the fact that Ms Raji personally takes you around the place, giving a passionate commentary on each piece on display.
Some of the pieces have been lit by small spotlights and they cast some very interesting shadows on the wall, leaving one awestruck.
In my honest opinion this place deserves to be on a must-visit list for places in Kumarakom.Written 17 October 2022
- The best times to come here are early morning and evening because it's almost unbearably hot in the afternoon. We came in the evening and we were able to catch a lovely sunset on a beautiful hilltop with stunning views and a cold wind.
The roads are in bad shape due to construction activity so going by car is recommended. But there are quite a few off-road trails for adventurous drivers and riders.
PS: Do stop at Mohanan chettan's tea shop nearby for some superb chaaya and bread omelette. He is also a good local guide.Written 12 March 2022
- Very nice place for worship. One of the historical place. First Indian saint birth place. Very spacious one. You can buy religious articles.Written 14 February 2022
- i Named as FoLLows Sr. SALIL CHERIYAN, Want To ActuaLLy Pauper OFF THE WORLD internationaL Car And Ashok LeyLand Buses And Scorpwe incLuding our Toyota Etios QuaLis Greyish KoLOr Or Meaning CoLoured DieseL Car One SingLe Car Sedan Driver'S accomodation i Means Mr. SALIL CHERIYAN, Today Book 48 Separate Rooms and For Food And TraveL i, WiLL Be Paying FuLL Payment in Ready Cash And ReaL Money After Withdrawing From The Nearby ATM Kiosk Means AT PAMPADY, KayamkoLLumm, At Location of Owner Named as FoLLows Sumol M Jacob's HoteL Rooms DeceNTLy onLY and WE ReLatives and Friends are On A TITLE BRAND NAME HOOKING KNOWLEDGE OF Side By SHOPS NAME BOARDS Businees Trip And Any Day From Today Dated as 12/07/2022, YourseLf From GEO TraveLS Toyota Etios DieseL Sedan Car Driver Can Come to Sir M V Nagar, My Residence House Address and Pick us Three Persons And We 3 Members incLuding Me, The Driver of My own Maruti Suzuki ALto K 10 PetroL Car SEDAN Bearing White BOARD Number PLATE with Registration Number as FoLLows KA 03 MR 4927, TraveLLing From BANGALORE District Meaning Bengaluru District, Karnataka State, india, INDIA, India, Hrithisk, WiLL Have To TraveL a Distance NOT BY Using KORAMANGLA NationaL Highway and Other Jayanagar LaLbagh Rose Garden Hosur Road NationaL Highways Are CLOSED and Non - FunctionaL and The TOTAL Distance To Be Covered is By US is By Our Private Maruti Suzuki Alto K 10 Pigeon DOVE White CAR is a TOTAL Distance Through in Front OF KREMALEEN RaiLway Station near Here BaiyyapanaHalli Railway Station Enroute To OriginaL PLace OF West CoastaL Region OF KOMARAKAM Beach Resort AT Thiruvananthapuram Meaning OLD Trivandrum District of Kerala State, India, Hrithisk, is A TOTAL Distance of ExactLy ELeven Thousand And TWO Hundred AND ALSO Fifty kiLometers Exact Distance which wiLL take onLY a Minimum and a Maximum Time Duration and Limit OF ONLY 112 HOURS AND 50 Minutes, Meaning 4 Days And 16 Minutes AccurateLLy Typing Here without Cheating MyseLf and OR Not Cheating Mrs. Sumol M. Jacob, either way Around and to be HONEST AND TRUTHFUL TO MyseLf kindLLy AND onLY Be DuLy Taken Care OF and Provided everything From My Money of Mr. SALIL CHERIYAN. > PRNWritten 11 July 2022
- An amazing place for Group Tour comprising different age groups
A good agriculture theme park which is improving year on year.
Spending time here with a group comprising all age groups is possible.
We had a family get together of 4 generations .
The Potter's Wheel,the Water Wheel ,plus the plants and trees that have historical connections all take us back to the past
and the way of life during the past .
You can try a hand at archery,take a bicycle and ride through the bike roads.
The Go-Cart ride where 2 can sit in front and 2 can drive the vehicle from behind was really good.A horn could have been provided to help drive amongst the crowds.
The food arrangements are also good.
The children simply loved getting into the swimming pool.
In all the Mango Meadows is a good place
to visit.Written 31 December 2019
- It is amazing that Sunny could gather the vintage gramophone records and players that he has in this collection. You get infected with his passion, even with his quiet plain-speaking demeanor. from Edison's wax-cylinders, metal wire spools and bakelite/shellac records, this is a museum that no vintage-audiophile should miss!
We got a real treat when Sunny played a record for us!Written 21 July 2021
- This temple located at the heart of Kottayam town is a must visit to Hindus only for prayers. But ALL Zcan enjoy the serene atmosphere and cool breeze setting on the steps under the age old Bunyan trees. The annual festival events including Pooram can be enjoyed by ALL.Written 12 February 2020
- Visited this shrine on the way from Kadathuruthy to Vaikkom, both very old Siva temples. Good place.Written 14 February 2020
- Its a beautiful water fall near to Teekoy. You can visit this place if you are on the way to vagamon.Written 19 October 2021
- Wow!!!!! is the only expression that will come out of your mouth when you see this place. Just go and visitWritten 19 October 2021
- One of the best unexplored places in Kottayam. Located very near to Illikkal kallu, this is a heaven for trekkers and people seeking adventure. We can park your vehicle very near to the waterfall and walk down to the waterfalls. Steps are a little steep. The waterfalls are perfect to take a bath and is very safe.Written 17 September 2020
- I have little to no words to describe the food and you have to go and experience it. Easily one of the best experiences of my life. We were also staying with them and had couple of lunches and dinners apart from Breakfast and each time it was something new. Every food delicacy is made with love and effort to bring in the authentic experience starting from local spices from mills to plating.
Hands down our recommendation for anyone going to Kumarakom. Also host Jesvant is a gem of a person and you can strike beautiful conversations with him.Written 28 November 2022
- Gods own country and what a joy just to sail quitely down the backwaters. Great food and service on the boat. Lovely scenery and very serene watching the kingfishers and red kite flying over you. Just a wonderful experience all round and would certainly recommend it to anyone with like mind interests.Written 21 December 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Kottayam