- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Cherai beach has a shallower shoreline.
I love it for its "rolling with the waves " experience, even without knowing how to swim. With the water level up to my shoulder and my feet still firm on the ground, I can feel the formation of the tide and of course the pink sunset. It's like being part of the entire life cycle of a wave.Written 25 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I Prefer Puthuvype Beach to Fort Kochi beach because it is easily accessible from high court junction. The drive from there to the beach takes about 15 minutes for crossing the Goshree bridges and on the way we can see Bolghatty Island, Vypin fishing harbor, Vallarpadom Container Terminal etc. The beach is not very crowded even on holidays and I like to watch the sunset from here. The Puthuvype (Vypin) Light House, Kuzhipilly beach etc are nearby attractions. Nice beach to spend some time on off days.Written 3 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An okayish beach. Cannot get into the water as it is separated by the rocks. Very crowded. We saw a beautiful sunset.Written 5 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This one is a less touristy and less crowded beach than the famous Cherai one. And that is probably its biggest blessing. We witness a peaceful sunset on a Saturday evening. There was hardly any crowd. Only handful food stalls available selling good tea and pazham pori (banana fritters) or fish fritters.Written 31 January 2023
- It's nice place to visit with friends and families! Well built pathways for a leisurely stroll , views are great from everywhere. You can see many automated fishing nets.
There is also water-sports available.
Overall great place!Written 20 November 2021
- Yes!!!We spotted dolphins at this place.
We visited this beach as puzhuvype beach was crowded at around 6p.m in the first week of June. It was drizzling so we sat down to relax. Suddenly we could spot dolphins at the surface very close to the beach.
When asked locals, we got to know that dolphins are often seen here when it rains.
It was a wonderful experience. :DWritten 7 June 2019
- There is a stretch of sandy beach here when the tide is low, but otherwise the sea reaches the promenade. Fishermen move into the water to put their nets into the side current. Sometimes they land their boats here.
The view across the estuary is interesting as big containerships , but also smaller vessels sail by to reach the sea or the docks of Ernakulam. Most of the time there are tourists walking on the promenade (mind your step) and hawkers selling stuff.
The city authorities do make an effort to keep the area clean. Early mornings workers are collecting garbage. Morning time is also the best time to visit. The earlier, the more quiet and peaceful.Written 7 March 2023
- Very good beach near to Kannamaly, in Kochi. Nice for visiting with family. Local shops are available, It is on the way from Kannamaly to Kandakadavu.Written 11 April 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kochi (Cochin)
- These are the best places for kid-friendly beaches in Kochi (Cochin):See more beaches for children in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking beaches in Kochi (Cochin):See more beaches for groups in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly beaches in Kochi (Cochin):See more budget-friendly beaches in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor