Nature/ Wildlife Areas in Kochi (Cochin)
THE BEST Kochi (Cochin) Nature & Wildlife Areas
Nature & Wildlife Areas in Kochi (Cochin)
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Nature & Parks
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Nature & Wildlife Areas
What travellers are saying
- I went with my son and his friend. We had a good time boating and fishing. Lunch is included. Food could be made better though. Overall a nice experience.Written 17 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What it is: an oasis of calm in the middle of Cochin, with impressive mangrove trees and hundreds of roosting bats. There is an observation tower you can climb to look out over the tree tops, and there are many placards detailing bird and plant life in Kerala. Entrance fee is only 20 rupee. There is a monkey that hangs around the main building.
What it is not: a park that you can walk through to see lots of birds. There are no paths really, and only a couple of benches to sit on. Lots of mosquitoes. Nobody spoke English, so I couldn’t find out any more information.Written 10 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 7 km south from Princess street is Kalathara bridge between two backwaters. The area probably comes as close to a backwater environment as you can get to (on foot) from central Kochi. It is a quiet and peaceful area with fishermen sitting on the bridge or nearby lake banks. Chinese fishing nets are plentiful and some even have small engines to operate them. There is a fish restaurant close by as well.
As elsewhere in the city pollution is a big problem. I did not check out the water quality, but garbage is dumped at places and people do not seem to bother about throwing around their waste.
I walked up and down from the city. Especially the southern part of the route is pleasant if you succeed in avoiding the busy Beach road.Written 6 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kochi (Cochin)
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Kochi (Cochin):
- Funny and helpful Tuk Tuk Tour in Kochin
- Private Day Trip to Munnar from Kochi (Cochin)
- Cochin shore excursions
- Alleppey Houseboat Day Trip from Kochi.
- Best of Kerala Tour (Exclusive Private tour)
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Kochi (Cochin):See more nature & wildlife areas in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor