Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
What travellers are saying
- Wonderful place for taking relaxation of soul. Good place to visit in kochi. Highly recommend to others for this place. We enjoyed a lot on this placeWritten 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not Toursisty as few go there but you can take ferry from fort or town to see the man made Island built a long time agoWritten 11 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The boat ride from marine drive to bolgatty was a nice experience. Now it's mostly resort /private property so public access restricted.Written 24 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is situated in very near to Ernakulam City. Earlier this island was accessible only through machine boats and rowing boats. Later the island was connected through Gosree bridges and now it is connected with Vallarpadam container terminal highway (NH966A). There you can see Bolgatty palace, prawns farming and fishing. A nice place to enjoy some times.Written 5 May 2017
- Gundu (the island is also known as Perl Island now) is a tiny island, virtually at the mouth of Cochin Harbour, surrounded by—literally floating on— backwaters, tucked between Vallarpadom Island and Vypeen Island. The man-made Wellington Island and Fort Cochin are within close vicinity. The island is accessible only by boat even today.
The Aspinwall and Company owned this island from the early 1900s. A coir factory, a cottage industry, functioned there for long. When the company was about to close the factory, a workers’ co-operative took over and continued for years.
For a number of years today, the pristine island is on long-term lease to the Taj Group, the Tata’s hotel business. Its potential is huge, by virtue of its exquisite locality and wonderful ambiance. However, the place is under utilised. The Taj offers to host private parties, lunch or dinner there.Written 29 April 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Kochi (Cochin)
- These are the best places for kid-friendly islands in Kochi (Cochin):See more islands for children in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly islands in Kochi (Cochin):See more budget-friendly islands in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor