Historic Walking Areas • Parks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travellers are saying
- Relaxing walk by the sea in the evening with cool breeze. Good seating areas by the sea. A bunch of streetside vendors and a few shops and small bridges. Had an excellent sunset view.Written 1 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cherai beach has a shallower shoreline.
I love it for its "rolling with the waves " experience, even without knowing how to swim. With the water level up to my shoulder and my feet still firm on the ground, I can feel the formation of the tide and of course the pink sunset. It's like being part of the entire life cycle of a wave.Written 25 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent kept Park with beautiful gardens and stunning sunsets perfect place to escape the busy streets of ErnakulamWritten 11 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I Prefer Puthuvype Beach to Fort Kochi beach because it is easily accessible from high court junction. The drive from there to the beach takes about 15 minutes for crossing the Goshree bridges and on the way we can see Bolghatty Island, Vypin fishing harbor, Vallarpadom Container Terminal etc. The beach is not very crowded even on holidays and I like to watch the sunset from here. The Puthuvype (Vypin) Light House, Kuzhipilly beach etc are nearby attractions. Nice beach to spend some time on off days.Written 3 April 2020
- An okayish beach. Cannot get into the water as it is separated by the rocks. Very crowded. We saw a beautiful sunset.Written 5 August 2023
- Wonderful place for taking relaxation of soul. Good place to visit in kochi. Highly recommend to others for this place. We enjoyed a lot on this placeWritten 12 August 2022
- Bhoothathankettu is a dam in Ernakulam district , about 10 km away from the town of Kothamangalam and 50 km away from the main city of Kochi. There is a paved walk way parallel to the river. There is not much rush when I visited this place mainly due to Covid situation. Ample parking space is there. There is also a restaurant near the entrance. Speed boat facility is available.You can find many scenic spots along the way. A children's park is also there. There is a also a watch tower from where we can see a scenic view of the entire locality.
The dam is located nearby to the legendary Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary at Thattekkad.Written 10 July 2021
- This one is a less touristy and less crowded beach than the famous Cherai one. And that is probably its biggest blessing. We witness a peaceful sunset on a Saturday evening. There was hardly any crowd. Only handful food stalls available selling good tea and pazham pori (banana fritters) or fish fritters.Written 31 January 2023
- Not Toursisty as few go there but you can take ferry from fort or town to see the man made Island built a long time agoWritten 11 January 2020
- The boat ride from marine drive to bolgatty was a nice experience. Now it's mostly resort /private property so public access restricted.Written 24 February 2020
- A nature tourist place in Kochi . Almost 50 from vyttila .A small walk through the forest and water streams . every body can enjoy. careful during monsoonWritten 14 June 2019
- Kids will love this park..Lot of activities to keep them engaged here...adults will enjoy the pedal boats facility which is reasonably priced. The park has snacks shop inside. Plenty of parking space available.Written 12 April 2018
- I went with my son and his friend. We had a good time boating and fishing. Lunch is included. Food could be made better though. Overall a nice experience.Written 17 August 2022
- It's nice place to visit with friends and families! Well built pathways for a leisurely stroll , views are great from everywhere. You can see many automated fishing nets.
There is also water-sports available.
Overall great place!Written 20 November 2021
- Ideal time to visit the waterfall is till Jan mid. Beyond this the amount of water flowing reduces and by Feb hardly any water.
It will be awesome if you can visit in Rainy season or just after Rainy season.
The best part of the waterfall is that it is ideal for families with young childrens. The place is very clean and they charge and entry fee of only ten rupee.
There is a top deck which is very flat and this space is ideal for children under 15 to enjoy fall but only under the supervision of an elderly.
So what are you waiting for... Let's pack and gooo...Written 5 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kochi (Cochin)
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Kochi (Cochin):
- Adventure Tuk Tuk Tour in kochi - A Private Guided Tour with Hotel Pick up
- Private Day Trip to Munnar from Kochi (Cochin)
- Funny and helpful Tuk Tuk Tour in Kochin
- Best of kochi ! A private tour in kochi with a local guide !
- Cochin shore excursions
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Kochi (Cochin):See more romantic nature & parks in Kochi (Cochin) on Tripadvisor