- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- Taking into account the enthusiastic explanations of Mr. Elroy a visit to the museum is an interesting experience. The items on display are mainly of religious significance. They are collected from a number of churches in the Kochi area. The 16th century teak altar piece is among the top exhibits.
The building is of simple functional design. It exists since 2000 and was financed with Portuguese support. It is located on the compound of Bishop's house, which actually is the 1506 residence of the former Portuguese governor.
Entrance fee 40 Rupees (same price for Indian citizens and foreigners).Written 3 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The International Tourism Police Station and Police Museum at Mattancherry Jew town exhibits various arms, weapons,uniforms, hats, medals, photographs etc related to the Kerala police. The collections will take us through the history of Kerala police from the time of the Travancore Kings to the present day. Last month when I visited the museum it was crowded with school students group and tourists.. The museum is really informative, well maintained and worth visiting.Written 11 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A small collection but interesting to see the range of string instruments from around the world and their evolution over timeWritten 12 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum has a good collection of arts and crafts. Nice place to spend time and also to gain knowledge.Written 31 October 2018
- This museum is an archaeological museum, which has a huge collection of ancient monuments, paintings. Historical coins, scriptures which are made of stone and POP. It has artifacts which were in use by Kochi Royal family in those era’s. This museum is located very close to Ernakulam Shiva temple and Durbar Hall. The best time to visit this museum is early morning. An ideal place for family and kiddos.Written 8 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Kochi (Cochin)
- These places are best for speciality museums in Kochi (Cochin):
- Strings Museum
- Indo-Portuguese Museum
- International Tourism Police Station and Police Museum
- Catholic Art Museum
- Parishath Thampuran Museum